Two Worlds - Game like Skyrim but kinda not like Skyrim

Author: Best.Korea

Total: 1
Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
Now, some may ask why did I start with Two Worlds and not Two Worlds 2.
The reason is because I have this experience where every new game in series often ends up being worse than previous.
Also, I wanted to check the first game first.

Now, the graphics arent much, but it is in a way, an open world game.

You face all sorts of creatures. I bought the spell "push" only to find out that for some reason push doesnt work on ghosts while the basic spell fireball does. Well, spell push was a waste of money, probably. Over 1000 gold payed for nothing.

The magic starts just like in Skyrim. You get the fireball spell. And you get the heal too.

Of course, I cant wait to try new spells but one must note that they are really expensive in the game.

Now, I play the game because of the magic system. I am not really sure if any other combat system in Two Worlds is even worthy to consider. Sword combat seems to only have few moves available, and bow and arrow look awful and boring.

Game allows you to ride a horse, but the problem is that horse in the game has mind of his own. He changes directions on his own when faced with any small obstacle or enemy.

Now, the game offers plenty of magic, and thats why I play it. The magic takes some effort to obtain, since not only you must buy spells, but also learn from trainers.

I hear from lots of people that Two Worlds is a terrible, bad game. I agree that it could have been better, but I wouldnt agree that its terrible.

The game overloads you with quests right at the start, which is bad, but I guess just complete the important ones one by one.

The core of the game, magic, seems great at start and it looks like there are plenty of spells available, although not all spells are useful obviously.

I just hope this wont be one of those games where only few spells are useful. I like games with variety of ways to play, and variety of spells and powers.