CoC change - adding the intent.

Author: Ramshutu

Total: 55
Goldtop
Debates: 0
Goldtop
For example, harassment means to continue to attempt to engage with a member after they have blocked you and asked you to stop contacting them.
I agree with the other points but this one doesn't quite work. It also can be abused and has been by some already. Besides, ti's literally impossible to harass anyone on a forum, makes no sense.

If someone uses the Block function, they block others from tagging them and using the PM system, right? So, that person cannot be contacted anyways. This should not stop anyone from continuing to respond to their posts. All this does is allow the person using the Block function to block anyone who doesn't agree with them.

Continuing to respond to their posts is not harassing them at all, especially when they can't tag the person or contact them.

Castin
Castin
-->
@Goldtop
You can "harass" someone without @ing them. Just quote their posts in every thread and dish out the abuse.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Castin
Allowing the attacks in the first place is allowing abuse, so can you please make up your mind what you're trying to accomplish here? It is not the adults that do that sort of thing, it is the crazy people how initiate the problem, then freak out and run to the mods claiming they're being bullied and harassed when it was them who created the problem in the first place.

Once again, if you're going to allow the attacks, then get rid of the crazy people who abuse the system.
Castin
Castin
-->
@Goldtop
Because we were talking about a hypothetical situation where personal attacks are allowed. In that environment, even if you block someone, they could conceivably still harass you by following you around and addressing you in the threads you're in, just without @ing you. Hence why REF had "harassment" as a bannable offense, I think.
Castin
Castin
Also, exactly how many "crazy people" would you have expelled here? What's your definition of "crazy"?
coal
Debates: 6
coal
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
>The problem is mods are holding violations until they get mad at you then give you 15 violations in one pm that are up to a month old then say, look at all this you are banned. Violations should be addressed immediately and or within 48 hours then dropped. The only reason my violations are being saved up is to punish me for hurting Ms. C's feelings. Each pm and the ban came after calling her names. Each warning had more then three violation and some more than a week old. It has nothing to do with anything other than mod pride. 

What was your username on DDO?

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@coal
Guess
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Castin
they could conceivably still harass you by following you around and addressing you in the threads you're in
No, that's not harassment, that's one of main functions of a public forum, to have the ability and capacity to argue another view, which you are now deeming as harassment. If person A makes a post and Person B argues the post, then Person A tells Person B to stop responding to those posts for whatever reason, yet Person A is free to go on posting, you're saying Person B is forced to give up their ability and capacity to argue a view just because some one else says so?

Every thread and every word posted here is owned by the forum, not the individual user, so whatever is posted is equally shared by all to respond in kind. No individual has the right to tell others what they can and cannot post to any given thread.

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
Says a guy who in the last five minutes has made personal attacks . Psycho
coal
coal
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
>Guess

Really no one here is high enough on my radar that I have working theories of prior membership, and I'm not able at this point in my life to read through your posts to figure it out.  So, I'd like it if you told me... but I'm not going to play guessing games.  
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@coal
Polytheist Witch , moron 
KingLaddy01
KingLaddy01
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
What a twist!
coal
coal
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Ah, well that would explain why I wouldn't know... because of the fact that you were never on my radar on DDO either... lol

And, btw., name calling isn't nice. 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@KingLaddy01
No rocket scientist there
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@coal
Unless it's RM being called the names and ganged on sadistically, then it's more than okay.
coal
coal
-->
@RationalMadman
It's not nice for you to call people names either, and you know that... but hey... I'm not about to put myself between you and your video game rivals lol
Castin
Castin
-->
@Goldtop
they could conceivably still harass you by following you around and addressing you in the threads you're in
No, that's not harassment, that's one of main functions of a public forum, to have the ability and capacity to argue another view, which you are now deeming as harassment. If person A makes a post and Person B argues the post, then Person A tells Person B to stop responding to those posts for whatever reason, yet Person A is free to go on posting, you're saying Person B is forced to give up their ability and capacity to argue a view just because some one else says so?

Every thread and every word posted here is owned by the forum, not the individual user, so whatever is posted is equally shared by all to respond in kind. No individual has the right to tell others what they can and cannot post to any given thread.
I don't think responding to someone's arguments is harassment. Following them around just saying things like "more garbage from the crazy fucking moron" would be, though.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@coal
Nice of you to refer to the opposite scenario to deflect what I just said. There's nothing imaginary about it, I was just transphobically abused into being made out to be a female stripper due to how slender my arms were on a video that's only good for making other men cum to me. These jokes are all fine as long as it's to RM.

That's not imaginary, it's daily abuse to me that goes unpunished by bsh1 who laughs so hard at it and posts memes if I express agony at the helplessness of my situation.

coal
coal
-->
@RationalMadman
I am not aware of your particular situation in that respect, nor am I aware of all the details, and for that reason I can't meaningfully comment one way or another.  
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@coal

What is this supposed to mean or imply?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@coal
Just shut up telling me I'm the villain with imaginary enemies. I'm being sadistically bullied and it's not fucking imaginary.
KingLaddy01
KingLaddy01
Wow RM. "Laughing it off" I see.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Castin
I don't think responding to someone's arguments is harassment. Following them around just saying things like "more garbage from the crazy fucking moron" would be, though.
While I don't see a whole lot of that going on, I do think however you've identified the problem, that there is a crazy person running amok on the forums posting crazy garbage and nothing is being done about it, hence those are the responses they're getting.

Get rid of the crazy person, problem solved.

KingLaddy01
KingLaddy01
You want to live in a world where you get away with anything, including doxxing. You are selfish, so be it. 

But don't try to "bite people back as hard as possible" and then bawl about whenever somebody appears to be winning in some petty skirmish against you. People like you are what threaten to broaden the definition of a "bully" and either none of it will be okay, or you won't be taken seriously and much more of it is okay. 

SamStevens
SamStevens