Biggest mistake of Christians, and why Christianity is dying

Author: Best.Korea

Total: 38
Best.Korea
Debates: 270
Best.Korea
What is the single biggest mistake of Christians?

The Old Testament.

The New Testament is somewhat okay, even tho the bloodthirsty nature of Jesus is revealed in revelation when he kills the entire planet again.

But The Old Testament should have never been included in the Bible.

God of the Old Testament is literally crazy maniac.

God sending bears to kill children?

Yeah, that probably should have been excluded.

I am just saying that bloodthirsty Jesus is much more bloodthirsty in the Old Testament.

The New Testament paints Jesus as "nice chill guy who forgives everyone, then later comes to kill entire planet again and burn people alive for all eternity".

But in the Old Testament, God doesnt have the nice chill guy side to him.

So I guess The Old Testament and Revelation should have been excluded, as well as parts showing Jesus's bloodthirsty side which isnt exactly acceptable in this century, but probably was acceptable in Jesus's time.

Yeah, I dont see how can "love others as yourself" be consistent with Jesus's bloodthirsty nature, but I am not Christian nor psychopath to be able to understand this.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@Best.Korea

“The word God is for me nothing but the expression and product of human weakness, the Bible a collection of venerable but still primitive legends,” Albert Einstein wrote in a 1954 letter, one year before he died.
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@Best.Korea
The OT is not a mistake. The NT is a commentary on the OT. The God of the OT and the NT is the same. 

God doesn't send bears to kill little children.  Perhaps you might investigate how old these children were and why perhaps they might deserve to have bears sent after them.

Elisha Is Jeered. (NIV 84) 
23 From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some youths came out of the town and jeered at him. “Go on up, you baldhead!” they said. “Go on up, you baldhead!” 24 He turned round, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the Lord. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youths. 25 And he went on to Mount Carmel and from there returned to Samaria.

First, the kids are probably young lads, probably between the age of 10-12.  
Second, the place was Bethel, which was the centre of Jeroboam's bull worship, had been so for about 80 years and its loyalists had no affection for God's true prophet.  It might be inferred these kid's mockery reflected their parent's hostility. 
Third, these lads act with deliberate intent. It was calculated. They came out of the town to deliberately provoke him. It wasn't an accidental meeting.
Four, a word about mocking. They called him "Baldy, Baldy". They knew he was bald. His head would have been covered as typical the custom when traveling. and connecting the mocking with the "Go on up" what they are doing is telling him to get out of there. To make himself scarce.  It essentially is a serious threat by these lads. Young as they were, they were a crowd. At least 42 possibly more. 
Fifth, they were mauled not killed. 
Six, they were covenant bears (Leviticus 26:22) a curse and response to their infidelity to God. 

It is a passage the reminds us it is a good thing to fear the LORD. And to tremble before his glory.   It reminds us that God doesn't just threaten he carries out his promises. 

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@FLRW
A Question in Zedkuform for FLRW.

Was his death Ursine based?

Which of course,

Might well be regarded as natural causes.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Tradesecret
First, the kids are probably young lads, probably between the age of 10-12.  

Fifth, they were mauled not killed
Yeah, my bad.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Tradesecret
Third, these lads act with deliberate intent
Just a few months ago, you were saying how your God doesnt consider those under 20 as responsible for their actions.

But dont worry, I had same problems when I was a Christian.

The amount of Jesus's stupidity I had to justify still hurts my brain to this day.
n8nrgim
n8nrgim
the bears point, it could be argued that God allowed the bears to attack them... not that he sent the bears to attack them. 

but even when God kills people or orders them killed,, in the old testament... it's because of something sinful they or their parents did. we have to accept the premise that sinning or being part of a lineage of sin, is worthy of the death penalty.

even as a christian who loves God with all my heart, i could understand being hesitant about the old testament. but i try to give it the benefit of the doubt, and defer to it unless i can find an obvious error, which i never have. it's all about interpretation, plus looking at sin as worthy of death. 

i know there's weird things in the old testament... like saying a deformed penis makes you unworthy of heaven. or saying some foods are unclean, then i guess cause of Jesus the foods are no longer unclean? stuff like this doesn't sound inspired by God, but it's above my pay grade to say for sure. 
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas

Stephen,

MISS TRADESECRET QUOTE:  "It is a passage the reminds us it is a good thing to fear the LORD. And to tremble before his glory.  It reminds us that God doesn't just threaten he carries out his promises." 

N8NRGIM QUOTE: "but even when God kills people or orders them killed,, in the old testament... it's because of something sinful they or their parents did"

Yes, even pseudo-christians like Miss Tradesecret and n8nrgim  have come to terms with Jesus as God in taking His revenge upon His HEBREW creation, like is shown below where Jesus as God was an ABORTIONIST towards the women of Ephraim, where Jesus murdered INNOCENT zygotes, fetus', AND BORN BABIES, praise Jesus' ever loving and forgiving revenge upon innocent life!:

“The prophet, along with my God, is the watchman over Ephraim. The glory of Israel will fly away like a bird, for their children will die at birth or perish in the womb or never even be conceived. Even if your children survive to grow up, I will take them from you.  It will be a terrible day when I turn away and leave you alone.  I have watched Israel become as beautiful and pleasant as Tyre.  But now Israel will bring out her children to be slaughtered oh Lord. what should I request for your people? I will ask for the wombs that don’t give birth and breast that give no milk. THE LORD SAYS, "All their wickedness began at Gilgal; there I began to hate them.  I will drive them from my land because of their evil actions.  I will love them no more because all their leaders are rebels.  The people of Israel are stricken.  Their roots are dried up; they will bear no more fruit.  And if they give birth, I WILL SLAUGHTER THEIR BELOVED CHILDREN. (Hosea 9:11-16) 

Bottom line, we Christians worship a God that MURDERED INNOCENT LIFE WITHIN THE WOMB, AND BABIES IF THEY WERE BORN!

Stephen, this could be a great sermon for Miss Tradesecret to bring forth to her congregation next Sunday, yes?

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Stephen, this could be a great sermon for Miss Tradesecret to bring forth to her congregation next Sunday, yes?
They can gather to praise Jesus's violent revenge.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Stephen, this could be a great sermon for Miss Tradesecret to bring forth to her congregation next Sunday, yes?

Yes, it would be Brother D. but for 3 issues. (1) he's a  liar. (2) he doesn't the first thing about scriptures (3) his " congregation "  only exists in his own head.
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Best.Korea
Third, these lads act with deliberate intent
Just a few months ago, you were saying how your God doesnt consider those under 20 as responsible for their actions.

But dont worry, I had same problems when I was a Christian.

The amount of Jesus's stupidity I had to justify still hurts my brain to this day.
That's a fair point with respect to ages.  

A stupid one in respect to your brain. You say more stupid things than the bible ever has. And you do it constantly. 

Above in this site - I referred to a commentary - which seemed to say that they were 10-12.  For me, this is in the West the age of criminal intent. So it made sense. 

Another commentator - then used the same words - that describe these young people - as the same age as David when he was crowned. And as Joseph when he was about 19. 

I may have been hasty in respect to them being younger than 19-20. 

Yet, and this is the distinction that you are refusing to engage with is - that the covenant is directed at all people in the nation, not just those over the age of minority. 

It still is not arbitrary which is what you want to suggest.  The people still need to be actively engaging in disobedience to the law. 

So, I thank you for pointing out my inconsistency. It gives me room to consider how I might answer.  I certainly don't claim to have all the answers. I don't need to though either.  For me, it is simply considering how these things work together. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Tradesecret
the covenant is directed at all people in the nation, not just those over the age of minority
I dont think you know what covenant means.

Neither does your God, it seems.

Covenant is an agreement. It cannot extend to those who didnt agree to it, who cant consent (cant agree).

Do you think that 10 year olds can consent?

Do you think that babies can consent?
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Tradesecret
Let me know when you make up your mind.

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Hey Maybe jesus was bald. 
Anyways.

How good are you guys at drawing pictures of Muhammed ? 
Im getting pretty fucking good at it. 

May I suggest.   
▪○▪○▪○▪○▪○▪○       A compition.    ▪○▪○▪▪○▪○▪○▪  Of sorts. 
A challenge. 

$100 for the person whom can draw the best portrait ( picture of Muhammed ) 

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Hey Do you think Christianity dies like one group / denom at a time. ? 

Actually,  we've "witnessed"  this already. 

If Christianity dies at a rate of like.  1 group a day.  (  we'd have mullenim left. ) 
If Christianity dies at a rate of 5 groups a day .  (  we'd have mullenim left  ) 

But What if Christianity  died at like 10 groups a day you ask ? 
Welll we'd still have a mellenium left of Christianity.

Actually these numbers are wrong .
Im working on 30,000 types 
The biggest mistake might be , the fact that you guys only a mere 30,000 diffrent types. 

So Somthing like that. 

One thing is for certain. 
If Christianity alll died tomorrow.  
Like completely. 
Then It would take 3 days to reserect.  

A full resection is 3 days to come back from the dead right guys ? 

Shit, Why did i say reserection for. 
I ment  3 days to come back 
You know? 
Like start again.

But Why would it start again.?  
Cause,,,,, 
Some cunt can make a few bucks from it right ? 

Its not gonna lay dormant if a guy can make a quid or two is it ? 

Oh Helllllllll no. 

Religion is a stict,  for profit business. 
FULL STOP
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
I think Christianity is far far to nice to females.
I mean . 
Females in Christianity can do close to a third of the stuff men can do.

So Thats a bad move right there.

Why they are even allowed to show there hair. 
Yes you heard correct.,
God is ok with women showing the hair. 
Some Crazy, crazy times we are living in. 

I can see / look / stare at your wife's hair. 

What im trying to say is. 
Ive seen your wifes hair before. 

Its on display for the whole world to see. 

Your wifes hair is so fucking fine. 
mmmmmmm.  Wife hair.
' licks lips '

Ps.
Please .  PM me pics of your wifes hair.

I can wank looking at lady hair allllll day. 

Oh crap, did i just type that out loud? 

Well Please make sure they are over 18 years of age. 
DO NOT SEND ME KID HAIR PICS. 
You sick fucks

HA
HA, HE, 

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@zedvictor4
I knew you be first to send me, ( wife hair pics ) 
Miss Zed has lovely hair. 
Your a lucky man my freind. 

Lets take this a step further. 
Go tell her Zed  , go tell her that her hair looks really really nice today.  
Yeah thats right. 
Tell her. 

You told her hey Zed?
Yeah. You so fucking did.

Now make her a tea whilst your up. 

I really hope Christianity last for ever. 
If it means,  I get to see all ya wives hairs . 
All the good. 

' spits on two fingers ' 

There are Dirty hair pics and clean hair pics.
Id prefer clean hair pics. 

Were gonna 
Copy and save that. 

Ok NEXT. 

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Its fine to look at little girls head hair,  aslong as they are under the age of 7. 

Ok Now don't sexualize this. 

But just think about it being " ok " to "look" at young girl kids hair , but not, under any circumstance ,  girls over the age of 7. 
Again no "sexulizing " 

Its just. 
Well. 
Its fucking stupid. 

If it aint fucking stupid right. 
Its just ummm.  Sensible. 
Its normal .

HOLD THE FUCKING PHONE. 

I am currently  in the market for god proffing.  ( something god can't see-thru ) 

Ladies and gentlemen.  I give to you. 
▪○°•▪○°•▪○•    The Burka building*    .   ▪○°•▪○°•▪○°•
Thats  burka covered walls  Floors and door. 
Etc
Etc 
The Burka building is situated only two block down from the forskin building. 

In the ( Sin free hot spot district  ) 

* tests still to be run to see if gods can see thru em. 
But looks promising.  

Hey If the other main religion carry on with silly shit like this.  
Wich they do.
Christianity will not die before it.  
Becauseeeeeeeeee. 
They both carry on with absolute nonsense.  Its just. 
Well Christianity is a little less.
whacky doo.
Narf . 
Yar mean? 

Muslim. 
I mean islam has to die before Christianity.  
More then likely.
I think. 
Im sure. 

The Coo coo factor. 

Oh actually,  hang on. 
Muslims probably wont die befor Christianity. 
Why.
Because  Its not like you can choose to not be a Muslim.  
Ya just have to.  
Nike.

It certainly is a two horse race. 
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
But what would i know. 
I haven't made it to being able to beliving in Christianity yet. 
For Im still stuck on the eye guy.   Horus. 

Is there a Cheat sheet. 
How the fuck did you lot pass this level.  ?

To me , thats the untrained eye,  it looks like you guys just started at Christianity.

Obviously you didn't. 
obviously you took everything into consideration.

Ok ill stop now. 
One last question. 

What else do you lot believe in (SO SO frigging  MUCH)   but ya cant prove it ? 

Good game.
Good game. 

Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Best.Korea
the covenant is directed at all people in the nation, not just those over the age of minority
I dont think you know what covenant means.

Neither does your God, it seems.

Covenant is an agreement. It cannot extend to those who didnt agree to it, who cant consent (cant agree).

Do you think that 10 year olds can consent?

Do you think that babies can consent?

A covenant can be an agreement. It doesn't need to be. And in the Bible there are number of covenants that don't require consent from more than one party. 

Consider a marriage covenant.  The couple might consent to the forming of a new marriage. Yet the children arising out of that marriage don't have to agree for that covenant to be enforced or destroyed. 

Consider also the Nationhood Covenant. The civil leaders might consent to it. Yet the individuals may not. Imagine if you had to get every individual to consent to paying taxes.  

It is you sadly who is ignorant of what a covenant is and how it works. 

10 years olds nor babies need to consent. 

And just to be clear, a covenant is NOT a contract. They are quite different instruments. A covenant is more like a trust, with trustees and beneficiaries than a contract. 
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Best.Korea
Let me know when you make up your mind.

Why? It's not as though you care. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Tradesecret
A covenant can be an agreement. It doesn't need to be. 
Do you know what is the definition of a covenant?

Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Stephen

Stephen,

OMG!  Miss Tradesecret "slipped on her Freudian" AGAIN!  

MISS TRADESECRET DIRECT QUOTE RELATIVE TO HER THINKING THAT SHE KNOWS WHAT SHE IS TALKING ABOUT RELATIVE TO THE BIBLE AND CHRISTIANITY!:  "It gives me room to consider how I might answer.  I certainly don't claim to have all the answers. I don't need to though either.  For me, it is simply considering how these things work together."

As shown ad infinitum within this Religion Forum, Miss Tradesecret certainly cannot claim to have all the answers, but then she embarrasses herself even further by actually saying she doesn't need to either?!  Huh?  Therefore, this is why Miss Tradesecret cannot in any way address Stephen and I in easily correcting her list of  "opinions" in  her initial post at her embarrassing expense in front of the membership AGAIN!!  

TO THE MEMBERSHIP:  I am sure you realize by now that whatever Devil Speak that comes out of the mouth of Miss Tradesecret in her  ever so weak conversations, is to be taken with at least a hundred pounds of salt!  Miss Tradesecret's spin-doctoring of Jesus' true words over the years is astounding, whereas she just can't quit in being Bible Stupid!  

The only way to converse with Miss Tradesecret for her to be truthful; is to stay far away from discussing the Bible and Christianity, therefore just ask her how the weather is in her area, and what did you prepare for dinner last night, are you doing gardening this weekend, if you have a boyfriend, how is it working out, what is your favorite TV show, and such, then and only then, will you get the truth from her!

"A quarrelsome wife is as annoying as constant dripping on a rainy day. Stopping her complaints is like trying to stop the wind or trying to hold something with greased hands." (Proverbs 27:15-16) 
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Best.Korea
Yes.

The dictionary definition is "an agreement". 

But that doesn't mean an agreement of every individual who is within the covenant or institution.

For example, the beneficiaries of a trust are not beneficiaries by agreement.  Many beneficiaries of trusts are under the age of majority which means according to law they cannot provide consent.  

The Constitution of America is effectively a covenant rather than a contract.  Its distinctive elements align with that kind of instrument rather than a contract. 

Yet, despite that covenant existing and being the basis of the legal framework of the land, not every individual within that land has consented to the making of it, or even its ongoing authority. Yet, even though they claim to be sovereign citizens, they are STILL subject to the terms of that covenant. 

So, yes it is an agreement. "For we the people agree", yet not EVERY person within the New Covenant, has consented.  So not every person has AGREED. 

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Tradesecret
So not every person has AGREED.
Yeah, that was the point of what I said.

So how can I be bound by an agreement that I didnt agree to?

This is funny. Keep it up.
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Best.Korea
So not every person has AGREED.
Yeah, that was the point of what I said.

So how can I be bound by an agreement that I didnt agree to?
Simple. Because someone who is your representative has agreed on your behalf. 

You don't have to agree but you are still bound.  For example, you voted for someone to be prime minister of Canada. But they lost and someone else got elected. 

They made laws which you disagree with.  Are you in agreement with the law? Did you agree for this person to represent you? Are you bound to obey these laws? 

This is how society works.  Of course you could claim, I was born in Canada. I didn't agree to the laws that everyone else does in Canada. Or you might say, I am just visiting Canada from India, they're not my laws.   You could claim you are a sovereign citizen.  Yet, you don't really have a choice if the government of Canada says - you must obey. 

You might find this funny. But it's the way things are.    When I married my wife and we became a new family.  that was between me and my wife. The children who were born into our family, didn't have a choice. They have to comply with the way we did things. One day when they are adults they can choose to do what they like. But that is why we can distinguish between a contract and a covenant.   
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Tradesecret
Because someone who is your representative has agreed on your behalf.
I didnt agree to that part either.

If anyone can agree in the name of someone else,

then I will be your representative now and I agree that you should give me all your money.

You are bound by the agreement now.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Tradesecret
Yet, you don't really have a choice
Correct. So you might wanna stop calling it "an agreement" between me and God. Really, the agreement kinda implies a choice and not "you must do things you never agreed to because of an agreement you never agreed to".
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Best.Korea
Because someone who is your representative has agreed on your behalf.
I didnt agree to that part either.

If anyone can agree in the name of someone else,

then I will be your representative now and I agree that you should give me all your money.

You are bound by the agreement now.

What are the grounds that someone can be someone else's representative? 

That is the question you ought to be asking.  How can a politician you didn't vote for, become your representative?  How can a parent expect a child to comply with the rules of the house?  How can Jesus represent the sinners on the cross? How can Adam represent the people of the world in his first sin?  How can the babies and the children and gee, anybody be subject to the laws of the land? 

What are the jurisdictional grounds that we are talking about?  

When you figure that out, you might become cognisant of why you don't represent me and can't order me to give you any money.  

But hey, you're the one who is confused, not me. 
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Best.Korea
Yet, you don't really have a choice
Correct. So you might wanna stop calling it "an agreement" between me and God. Really, the agreement kinda implies a choice and not "you must do things you never agreed to because of an agreement you never agreed to".
I never said God had an agreement with you.  I never said there was any choice on your part.  This doesn't mean that you will not be held responsible for your actions. 

Again, let me suggest to you, figure out how representation works, in the political scene, in the religious scene, in the family scene.  At the moment, you demonstrate a profound ignorance of such things, while all the time pretending you understand.