Trumper I met

Author: TheUnderdog

Total: 5
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
Trumper: Donald Trump is awesome!

Me: Why?

Trumper: He increased funding for HBCUs (Historically Black Colleges and Universities).

Me: So you like the fact that Trump increased government spending?

Trumper: Yes... no... (and then diverges to another topic)

We talked about politics for a while.  I could only ask questions because I was at work.  I asked him if he was pro free speech, and he said yes, but I still had to moderate myself because I was at work.

Me: I don't think it's fair that elderly people when they were my age got to go to college for $50 a semester and I have to pay $5K a semester.

Trumper: That's because the government spends too much money subsidizing colleges.

Me (after thinking about it; I didn't tell him this at the time): Didn't you just praise Trump for subsidizing HBCUs?

Trump can do pretty much anything and his base would eat it up or be like, "Well, um, I mean ..." and still vote for him anyways (like when Trump said he wants to be a dictator).

Conservatives accuse liberals of wanting to get rid of the constitution (me personally; I don't like the 16th amendment, but other than that, I love the 1st and 2nd amendment, as well as the 5th, 8th, 13-15th, and the 19th (this is not an exhaustive list)).  So it's implied that conservatives like the constitution.

A quote from Trump: 
So, with the revelation of MASSIVE & WIDESPREAD FRAUD & DECEPTION in working closely with Big Tech Companies, the DNC, & the Democrat Party, do you throw the Presidential Election Results of 2020 OUT and declare the RIGHTFUL WINNER, or do you have a NEW ELECTION? A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution. Our great "Founders" did not want, and would not condone, False & Fraudulent Elections!

And his base will twiddle their thumbs because they don't have a good response (but they will vote for him anyways).

Trump can literally advocate nuking Manhattan and San Fransisco and Chicago to destroy the woke left and his base wouldn't be upset enough to vote against him for it; to them, it helps the right win elections.  However, if Trump said we should legalize abortion, even though aborted babies (if born) would be more likely to be non-white, poor, entirely gen alpha (which I can assume will be more left wing than Gen Z), and future democrat voters in 18 years, the MAGA base would get angry at him for wanting to legalize what they believe is murder.

Legalizing abortions to prevent more democrat voters from being born?  No; it's murder regardless of political ideology.

Actually NUKING left wing strongholds?  Hell Yeah!  Owning the LIBS!
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@TheUnderdog
If colleges have to be funded in order to get prices lowered by the 19% that rose since 2020, so be it. It's a fair trade.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW

Get rid of all Political Parties.  TheUnderdog for President!
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@Greyparrot
College costs rose probably because the government subsidized it less.
Best.Korea
Debates: 273
Best.Korea
I believe in price control.

Government should limit prices, so college doesnt require tons of money to go to.

I dont believe in government subsidizing alone, because that often gets abused and prices still go up

because free market works in a way that with limited resources, prices always go up

because even with competition, it kinda works like this:

You are selling apples and you have 4 apples.

I have 4 apples and I am selling too.

There are 8 buyers. Each wants 1 apple.

Even if you lower your prices, I dont need to lower mine because you dont have enough apples for 8 people. You have only enough for 4 people.

If I keep my prices up, you run out of apples and buyers are forced to buy my apples at a higher price.

As a result, I earn more than you.

Thats why in free market, prices always go up.