did or does God support abortion in some circumstances based on the bible?

Author: n8nrgim

Total: 23
n8nrgim
Debates: 0
n8nrgim
20 But if you have gone astray while married to your husband and you have made yourself impure by having sexual relations with a man other than your husband”— 21 here the priest is to put the woman under this curse—“may the Lord cause you to become a curse[a] among your people when he makes your womb miscarry and your abdomen swell. 22 May this water that brings a curse enter your body so that your abdomen swells or your womb miscarries.”
“‘Then the woman is to say, “Amen. So be it.”

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Well men invent the religions. 
Sooooo ummm . You'd expect it to be bias.  

In short it reads . 

Don't fuck your husbands freinds. 

Dont talk about you husbands 2.6 inch cock to anyone. 
Just ummm , do as your fucking told. 
 Also 
Don't talk about your husbands  3.7 inch cock. 
So on and so on. 

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

ITS OBVIOUS THAT WOMEN PLAYED NO MAJOR PART IN  MAKING  UP RELIGIONS. 

TO  THE  WOMEN.  
' tips hat ' 

TO MUMS. 
The only thing that comes cloes to  the description  of god .
' tips hat ' 

Can i get a amen.? 
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Now to get this consent.  

' Hey darl.'  You call for your wife. 
' Darl '  

You ask her . 
What does this say here. ? 

Your Wife goes. 

Amen, so be it. 

You get you recording device closer 

It says what darl ?

A little angered by this 
She says now in a nice loud voice.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆        Amen, so be it.       ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

I snicker to myself like Muttley.

She hears 
Did you want something else. 

I reply . 
No darl. 

Hey darl i go. 
She goes what . 
I luv ya. 
Love you to babe. 

Stupid fukin slut. 
Was a mere thought.  

hey-yo
Debates: 24
hey-yo
-->
@n8nrgim
Well copy and paste is a bit hard so here is link to litteral translation ::

When we read the literal translation we can see different words being used. The text does not say miscarry. Any reference to having children is future tense  - refering to ones ability to have children. 

First there is a ritual to determine guilt. No reference to a woman being pregnent for the ritual is present. 

The given  passage does not represent induced abortions. 

Here is scholar's approach/ explaination: 

Now there are two common areas where, in my experience, people who are pro-abortion have misused this passage. The first concerns the nature of what the woman drinks. It’s portrayed as if it’s an abortifacient, something that will kill the child. This is clearly not the case. Water with a little bit of dust and ink in it is not an abortifacient. And it’s clearly not meant to be an abortifacient, because if she’s innocent—let’s say she’s pregnant by her husband—well, it’s not going to kill the child. It wouldn’t kill any child, because a little water with a little bit of ink and dust in it is not an abortifacient, period.
The second has to do with a non-literal translation of what it says the bodily effects are going to be. Literally, what it says is that if she’s guilty, that her thigh will waste away and her abdomen swell. And sometimes people translate this as if she will miscarry, but that’s not what it says literally. And so that’s, I think, the second source of making a mistake in this passage. It doesn’t actually describe a miscarriage. Certainly it does not do so clearly. What it does say is: if she’s innocent, then her abdomen will not swell and her thigh won’t waste away, and she will be able to conceive children.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
I like the fist part , and how unusually clear it is hey.

Then the curse starts, it gets dark.
With the Whom miscarry. And a abdomen swell . 

Imagine A 16 female Reading this back in the days. 
Thats scary as fuck hey. ?

I wouldn't chance it.
Sleeping with another man. 
On the back of that alone. 
Curses  Swells and misses. 
Risky 
Butttttt,  
When it comes to being pregnant, .
allllllllll and any of these extra worries and uneasiness put on a pregnant person is almost forcing an abortion,  in the form of amiscarriage   

If god wrote a book , he'd of warn us of this.
Unfortunately hundreds of years would pass before we realize that
Stress and pregnancy don't fucking work. 

It doesn't say nothing about abortting. 
But can see a way of wording one. 
With the body swellings .
And the trouble you get into for fucking another dude. 
The shunning. 
And or. 
A stoning.

Hopefully you dont have a brother. 

Litte girl Muslim should start groming there brothers early as possible. 
Make them not ever ever drop a lump of concrete fair on ya face. 
Play non rock throwing skill based games. 

OH THATS THE HOLY BIBLE VERSES HEY. 
 My bad. 
That reads like Muslim scripts .  

sometimes i forget that the christians are vile and ruthless folk. 

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@n8nrgim
Same old.

Firstly prove a GOD, before asking questions relative to it.

Surgical procedures have evolved irrespective of myths and legends.

And no GOD has showed up to instruct us otherwise.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
A better verse concerning abortion would be. 

Roberto 34 : 48
Some mules and some donkeys , 
No
I mean most mule and donkey kick there feet back real real hard like when you walk behind them. 

Nudge .
Nudge .
A winky. 
Wink. 

Hey darl? 
Darl. 

Whats this thing over here. 
No just here. 
Whats that. 
Nooo, that. 
Can you see it. 

Fuck .
A lot of donks and mules kick 
Not most. 

Hey darl. 
Come back over here again. 
No here. 
Right there. 
So how you going .,
Stay still

' makes a loud scaey noise  ' 

Pass. 

May i suggest we.   'Build a flight of steep Stairs'  

rosends
rosends
-->
@n8nrgim
the section you quoted is the "Sotah" ritual. In this ritual, a woman suspected of adultery, but who swears she hasn't committed it (and whose behavior fits a specific set of requirements) must drink a certain water. If she is innocent, she will become pregnant afterwards, but if she is guilty,
אֶת־יְרֵכֵךְ֙ נֹפֶ֔לֶת וְאֶת־בִּטְנֵ֖ךְ צָבָֽה

"her thigh will fall and her belly will swell." 

It mentions nothing about miscarrying -- that is an interpretation people make assuming that, if she cheated, she would be pregnant and a suitable punishment would be the loss of the child. But that's not in the text at all.

The biblical reference to something akin to abortion is referenced at the beginning of this article

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@rosends
the "Sotah" ritual. In this ritual, a woman suspected of adultery, but who swears she hasn't committed it (and whose behavior fits a specific set of requirements) must drink a certain water. If she is innocent, she will become pregnant afterwards, but if she is guilty,
אֶת־יְרֵכֵךְ֙ נֹפֶ֔לֶת וְאֶת־בִּטְנֵ֖ךְ צָבָֽה

I wonder, did the un-name wife of  Lamech  undergo this ritual?
Castin
Castin
If she's innocent, the blessing is that she *will* conceive. So I don't think she's pregnant during the ordeal. The words the NIV translates as "miscarry" more likely refer to rendering her infertile, which was an ancient divine punishment for infidelity. NRSV > NIV, by the way.

You'd find more solid input on abortion from Exodus 21 I think. The Bible definitely does not regard the value of a fetus as equal to that of a born person. That's all scripture says on the matter, unless you go to the rabbinical literature.
Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
-->
@Castin
rendering her infertile, which was an ancient divine punishment for infidelity
Well, now we know why birth rates in Japan are so low.

rosends
rosends
-->
@Stephen
Adah or Zillah?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@rosends
The mother of Noah. That is un-named in the bible but suspected of infidelity?
rosends
rosends
-->
@Stephen
where in the bible is she suspected of anything?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@rosends
where in the bible is she suspected of anything?

I said she is un-named in the bible, Rosi. That was not to say the suspicion is raised in the bible.

The extra biblical literature  that I have read  (Book of Noah if I remember right?) is that Lamec, father of Noah  suspected his wife of infidelity because of the strange look of Noah at birth.

Saying to her words to the effect
Then I, went to Bath- Enosh  my wife, and I said to here: I want you to make an oath to the Lord Supreme, the king of all worlds that the child is of my seed. Wifey was a bit pissed at this accusation and asked Lamec to "spare her delicate feelings".
I was wondering if she had  taken the drinking test - "Sotah" ritual - that you mentioned above?

rosends
rosends
-->
@Stephen
I don't know anything about that story or the Book of Noah. The sotah ritual, though, was not in place until after the giving of he law at Sinai and only applied to Jews (and there are other reasons...). Since the Lemech era was well before, I would hazard to guess that the ritual would not have been used.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@rosends
I don't know anything about that story or the Book of Noah. The sotah ritual, though, was not in place until after the giving of he law at Sinai and only applied to Jews (and there are other reasons...). Since the Lemech era was well before, I would hazard to guess that the ritual would not have been used.

That's interesting. Thank you, Rosi.
Noah by some accounts had "skin white as snow with locks of white hair, with eyes that were fair that lit up a room when he opened them".  Lamec believed his "strange son., unlike man"  Noah to be "the offspring of the son's of god" I was thinking albino myself.  But Lamec's father Methuselah explained things to him. 
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@n8nrgim
Interesting topic. I think I am going to go with Rosends here. 

As a general principle, God is opposed to murder.  Murder is wrong because it strikes at the image of God in humanity. And to do so is actually attacking God. 

Abortion is a troubling issue for lots of reasons.  Human is sadly redefined to mean foetus. This redefinition removes the ordinary rights it would have as a human. It's similar to how indigenous folks around the world were redefined to be less than human.  Again, the purpose was to remove the ordinary rights that they would have as humans. 

The foetus essentially becomes a potential human. And the kind of potential human they are depends upon the age they are from conception to birth.  This varies in different countries. 

In societies generally speaking, murder of a human has been considered one of the most heinous crimes and as such warranted the most severe penalties. 

The redefinition of human to foetus changes everything. The killing of a foetus is not a criminal offence. It is not punished as such. In many places, it is simply a medical procedure. A necessary means to ensure that "real" human lives are not interrupted and can carry on doing what they were doing before the pregnancy. 

Of course, murder is in principle wrong. Yet, like most laws there are exceptions.  There are exceptions in the case of self-defence. Defence of another.  Perhaps there ought to be others - such as the ongoing mental health of a mother forced to have a baby after being raped. But this ought to be conducted on a case-by-case basis. 

Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@n8nrgim

N8NRGIM’S QUOTE RELATING TO ADULTERY IN THE INITIAL POST:  "20 But if you have gone astray while married to your husband and you have made yourself impure by having sexual relations with a man other than your husband”— 21 here the priest is to put the woman under this curse—“may the Lord cause you to become a curse[a] among your people when he makes your womb miscarry and your abdomen swell. 22 May this water that brings a curse enter your body so that your abdomen swells or your womb miscarries.” “‘Then the woman is to say, “Amen. So be it.”

What n8nrgim conveniently  forgot is the Bible axiom that said woman in the adulterous scenario above, along with the man, are to be put to death so saith the Lord Jesus’ inspired words as shown below, period! 

“And the man that committeth adultery with another mans wife even he that committeth adultery with his neighbors wife the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death”  (Leviticus 20:10)

N8nrgim's quote above is just another example of my Jesus being an outright brutal abortionist!  :(

Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Stephen

Stephen, guess what time it is AGAIN?  LOL!

MISS TRADESECRETS EMBARRASSING QUOTE REGARDING JESUS AS GOD:  “As a general principle, God is opposed to murder.  Murder is wrong because it strikes at the image of God in humanity. And to do so is actually attacking God.” 

How biblically can Jesus as God be opposed to murder, when in FACT, and only as one example of MANY, Jesus murdered His entire HEBREW creation in His Great Flood (Genesis 6:17).  Additionally, Jesus as God murdered innocent zygotes and fetus’ within the pregnant women when He brutally drowned them, notwithstanding, Jesus as God killed innocent babies as well gasping for air as their mothers watched!  Therefore, Jesus as God is the number one brutal abortionist of all time!

Therefore the murdering Jesus as shown above in this one instance, Miss Tradesecret embarrasses Him further by agreeing that it strikes at the image of God in humanity especially when Jesus murders His creation, which she says attacks God as well!  HUH?  

The rich irony is the fact that Miss Tradesecret said that if I am banned, or leave this Religion Forum, then; ”As a site, we won't grow until he does.  And that of course is a matter for the moderators.”  https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/10186/posts/418597

Whereas conversely, this esteemed Religion Forum can only grow logically and biblically when there are no more Bible Stupid Fools like Miss Tradesecret around for me to have to biblically correct all the time as I have done for years! 

NEXT PSEUDO-CHRISTIAN FEMALE THAT WANTS TO EMBARRASS JESUS FURTHER LIKE MISS TRADESECRET HAS DONE IN HER QUOTE ABOVE, WILL BE …?

Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@rosends

Rosends,

Seriously, why are you engaged in a thread that pertains to abortion relative to Christianity?  Don't you remember, that we Christians stole your Hebrew Yahweh God from you within Jesus' New Testament, therefore, you do not have a God anymore because He is our Christian God now, understood?

Therefore, you remain a "wandering Jew" in being without a God, and just accept this FACT and move on the best way that you can!

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
MISS TRADESECRETS EMBARRASSING QUOTE REGARDING JESUS AS GOD:  “As a general principle, God is opposed to murder.  Murder is wrong because it strikes at the image of God in humanity. And to do so is actually attacking God.” 

Except when its him doing the murdering.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Omniscient um yesssss.
Abortion, not sure.

His Beating around the bush. 
Aka 
A abortion 
Well thats more of a beating around the stomach area but you know what i mean. 

How often does he suggest you to talk with your parents about it. 

I could make it crystal clear on if you can have an abortion or not in half a verse.
( if i knew ) 

8 days later

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Though bushes nowadays have a tendency to be regularly trimmed, here's wishing you a fabulous year ahead beating about many a bush region.

And/or the outback

What ever takes your fancy Deb.

Word of advice:

If venturing into the outback, smother liberally with lotion.

Here's looking forwards to another year of seriously intense Anglo-Australian social intercourse.