Origins of Consciousness and Life

Author: ebuc

Total: 11
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
Origins of Consciousness got to time stamp 53:28 Electro-static Field of Liopsome Membranes of biologic cells --ergo, not viral protein shells---.  This excellent information on Origins of life science, and he makes clear this last part  on Consciousness falls more into philosophy but the membranes of cells with positive feed back loops make a bit by bit decission to go or stay in set of thermal circumstances.

The last part I watched, he talks about some bacteria kill themselves { 59:53 } to prevent spread of a virus. Interesting.

Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
So consciousness is just ability to gather knowledge and make decisions?

But what separates human consciousness from animal consciousness? 

Is it just larger body of knowledge and different decisions being made?
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@ebuc

The weight of evidence indicates that humans are not unique in possessing the neurological substrates that generate consciousness. Non-human animals, including all mammals and birds, and many other creatures, including octopuses, also possess these neurological substrates.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@FLRW
The weight of evidence indicates that humans are not unique in possessing the neurological substrates that generate consciousness. Non-human animals, including all mammals and birds, and many other creatures, including octopuses, also possess these neurological substrates
My viewpoint for many years now. The vid also makes this clear, via lipo-membrane field making the decission to stay or go from a thermal { electro-magnetic field called heat } as to adapt and not be destroyed.

Bacteria are fastest reproducing biologic.  In Fred hoyles 1990's book  The Intelligent Universe, he states that left unchecked, bacteria reproduce so fast, their mass would equal that of known Universe { in 1990 something } withing 6 months, and again if they remain unchecked in their reproduction.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
For every 1 human cell in the human body, there are 10 bacterial cells.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
For every 1 human cell in the human body, there are 10 bacterial cells.

Ha, cool!  I know who will win out after death :-))
Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
A puddle is conscious when it takes shape of a concave. 
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Reece101
A puddle is conscious when it takes shape of a concave. 
Reece, do have any links to examples of this above

.."Water is highly cohesive—it is the highest of the non-metallic liquids.....This "bipolar" nature of water molecules gives water its cohesive nature, and thus, its stickiness and clumpability (maybe "dropability" is a better term?)."...

..." Water adheres to the glass of the test tube, mor than to itself.
of course, at the tippy top of the tube, the meniscus will form a dome of water, as it attempts to remain attached to the glass. '...

..." The weight of the liquid is what stops the liquid from climbing further up or down the wall. "....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
.." Convex objects receive reflected light; thus, the darkest part of a shadow on a convex object is not on the object's edge. Concave objects do not receive reflected light: thus, the darkest part of a shadow on a concave form is on its edge."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
.." Water Is Extraordinary....

....And then we come to H2O, and are shocked to find that many of the predictions are way off, and that water (and by implication, life itself) should not even exist on our planet! In this section we will learn why this tiny combination of three nuclei and ten electrons possesses special properties that make it unique among the more than 15 million chemical species we presently know.
Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
-->
@ebuc
I was just making a point that consciousness is fundamentally arbitrary. 
FLRW
FLRW

Consciousness is just awareness that you exist.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Reece101
@FLRW
 Consciousness is just awareness that you exist.

As bucky fuller makes clear, awareness does not exist without a two-ness ergo other-ness and relativity.

.....O-----O.........ex I think about something { my finger } via my something nervous system, ergo, I exist as no less than two-ness set of somethings, with no less than one line-of-relationship between them i..e finger >>>nerve>>> brain and vice versa.

..." "Me" Ball

100.331 Here we observe the child taking the "me" ball(Sec. 411) and runningaround in space. There is nothing else of which to beaware; ergo, he is as yet unborn.

Suddenly one "otherness" ball appears. Life begins.

The two balls are mass-interattracted;they roll around on each other. A third ball appearsand is mass-attracted; it rolls into thevalley of the first two to form a triangle in whichthe three balls may involve-evolute. Afourth ball appears and is also mass-attracted; it rollsinto the "nest" of the triangulargroup. . . and this stops all motion as the four ballsbecome a self-stabilized system: thetetrahedron.(SeeFig. 411.05.) "...

Mass-attraction is one such line-of-relationship, tho, it may actually be a geodesic set of lines.