Camera quality in smartphones - Will smartphones completely replace DSLR and other cameras?

Author: Best.Korea

Total: 3
Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
Just a decade ago, everyone would say that DSLR is far superior to smartphone camera.

And for the most of the smartphone history, that claim was correct.

Smartphone for a long time was just there to take simple low quality photos and videos.

It had no any special settings. Photos were often blurry. In low light, quality significantly decreased. Videos werent as smooth as in DSLR.

However, in the past decade, smartphones took a huge improvement.

Shutter speed is crucial for quality of photos and videos.

The main difference between DSLR and smartphone for a long time was that smartphone didnt let you control shutter speed.

In the past decade, smartphones got the option to control shutter speed manually, and this basically put smartphones on equal ground to DSLR.

It allowed people to control the main settings, as shutter speed determines if you want movement blur or not.

With high enough shutter speed, there is no blur in photos or videos.

Whats also important to note is that unlike DSLR, the smartphone can simply be updated from settings. The update further improves camera quality with each new update. After you buy smartphone, smartphone gets better over time with updates.
DSLR doesnt.

I have been comparing photos of different DSLR cameras to latest smartphone cameras today.

The difference in quality is no longer noticable.

So, why would someone pay extra money for DSLR, when smartphone is now just as good?

The new smartphones have 200 megapixel cameras, can record 8k video...

I guess the only difference would be sensor size. But that difference is simply not noticable anymore in quality of photos and videos.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@Best.Korea

Why didn't God create smartphones when he created Adam and Eve?
Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
-->
@FLRW
If he left proof of his existence, then people would believe in him. I guess he didnt want for people to believe in him based on evidence. He chose to remain stealth until judgment day when Jesus will come back to kill the entire planet.