Is the assasination of Trump the last resort to liberal/democrat victory?

Author: IlDiavolo

Total: 58
IlDiavolo
Debates: 0
IlDiavolo
-->
@Double_R
You are focusing only on superficial issues. It's righ that Trump as president should have behaved himself, or as any other politician, he should have been hypocritical. The image is important and his bad manners played against him to the point that he had the lowest approval rating when he left office. He didn't realize that everytime he opened his mouth, he was giving his opponents material to be politically attacked, especially during the covid lockdowns, he was really hysterical.

Nevertheless, if you forget about his personality, he did a fairly good job by means of important policies. In the end, that's the reason why he was elected, to do what the democrats didn't want to do, like the migration control, the tax cuts to improve the economy, the drawing of the military from middle east countries so to bring peace to the world. Mind you, there were no wars in Trump's administration. So, you shouldn't wonder why he is first in the polls. And if nobody stops him he will be president again.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@IlDiavolo

Actually, the tax cuts added $8 trillion to the Debt.
If you divide the current national debt amongst the total U.S. tax payers, you will find that each taxpayer owes $154,142.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@FLRW
Actually, the tax cuts added $8 trillion to the Debt.
If you divide the current national debt amongst the total U.S. tax payers, you will find that each taxpayer owes $154,142.
The debt has been increasing exponentially since the 80s if I remember correctly. But let me check anyway.

Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@IlDiavolo
You are focusing only on superficial issues.
The fact that half of our country no longer believes our democracy is legitimate is not a superficial issue. The perceived legitimacy of our institutions is the thing that ensures our country will continue to thrive.

The fact that we are divided more so than we have been in a generation because our former president has so corrupted the minds of so many that they can't tell the difference between a legitimate argument and personal attack... Is not a superficial issue.

The rise in hate crimes ever since electing a president who ran on a platform of calling migrants rapists and banning Muslims is neither a coincidence nor is it superficial.

The complete degredation of our media institutions resulting from half the country being given intellectual permission to dismiss whole cloth any report from any institution that tells them a story they don't want to hear, thereby destroying the very concept of truth itself and preventing us as a society from having any reality and fact based conversation to resolve our differences... Is not a superficial issue.

Donald Trump did not do all of this entirely on his own, but he is by far the biggest reason we are here and and as long as he remains the standard bearer for one of our two major political parties there is no hope that any of this will be resolved.

Trump defenders love to pretend the personality stuff is just about not liking his character. No, it's about recognizing that his character is influencing us and destroying us from within in tangible ways that are clear as day, and if we don't rekon with it it is not an exaggeration or hyperbole to say that it has the potential to end the American experiment.

That's what I'm focusing on.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
The fact that we are divided more so than we have been in a generation because our former president has so corrupted the minds of so many that they can't tell the difference between a legitimate argument and personal attack... Is not a superficial issue.
Do you really believe Trump is 100 percent at fault here? In another thread, I tried to get you to notice that your thinking was vastly different from the Jan 6 committee, and you seemed to think that was irrelevant. 

I will ask again here in a different way. Do you think the Jan 6 select committee could have done a better job convincing the people that elections are now secure instead of the current perception that the Jan 6 select committee was nothing more than a partisan grab for more political power at public expense? That's the perception the people are predictably going to have when only a fraction of the Jan 6 footage is selectively shown to the public by a select committee.... And Trump was in no way in charge of those hearings, so you can NOT blame him.  While Trump is certainly influential and deserves part of the blame, so is the Democrat party and their well funded propaganda outlets. There is plenty of blame to go around here.

Trump is again running on the idea that the government is not responsive to the people. With the high prices and immigration crisis, solely blaming someone who isn't even in the government is only making that public perception worse. A lot worse. The polls show it.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot

In his closing statement, Kinzinger said Trump abandoned his responsibilities as commander-in-chief on Jan. 6.
"Whatever your politics, whatever you think about the outcome of the election, we as Americans must all agree on this: Donald Trump's conduct on Jan. 6 was a supreme violation of his oath of office and a complete dereliction of his duty to our nation," he said. "It is a dishonor to all those who have sacrificed and died in service of our democracy."

That sounds like insurrection to me.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
Thanks for helping president Trump. I am sure he appreciates it a lot more than I do.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@Double_R
... it is not an exaggeration or hyperbole to say that it has the potential to end the American experiment.
I think it is.

Jan 6 was just an anecdote. Democrats are going to use it for roasting Trump, of course. I heard that the democrats turned this date into a sort of anniversary, haha. 

Whatever, the reality is that Trump is first in the polls and you have to blame Biden and not Trump for all the fuck-ups 'merica should face in the near future. 
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
Do you really believe Trump is 100 percent at fault here?
I addressed this question directly in my post. Read it.

Do you think the Jan 6 select committee could have done a better job convincing the people that elections are now secure instead of the current perception that the Jan 6 select committee was nothing more than a partisan grab for more political power at public expense? That's the perception the people are predictably going to have when only a fraction of the Jan 6 footage is selectively shown to the public by a select committee.... 
The J6 committee did about the best job they could have given the current political climate. Convincing Americans that elections are now secure had nothing to do with their investigation.

There was never a possibility that they were not going to be accused of engaging in a partisan witch-hunt, it was decided well before the members were even selected that this attack line was going to be the strategy, that's why Kevin McCarthy tried to put Jim Jordan - a literal material witness to the investigation - on the committee. He was a poison pill designed to put Pelosi in a no win situation and when she rightly rejected him, they used that to put on a fake show that the democrats were not allowing republicans to participate. It was bullshit from the start and was planned that way.

The line that only a fraction of the relevant footage was shown is again, bullshit. They showed what happened on January 6th as was the point. The purpose was not to spend 3 hours debunking absurd internet conspiracy theories. It's not their fault much of the country doesn't engage in critical thinking and now turn to Alex Jones and his ilk for news.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@IlDiavolo
Jan 6 was just an anecdote.
No, it wasn't. It was the culmination of a months long plot by Trump top hold onto power regardless of what the people decided, and it showed us the depths of what he was willing to do. Everyone on that day understood full well that Trump was fully responsible for what happened, only in the following weeks and months did the spin cycle begin to the point where people now pretend it's debatable.

Whatever, the reality is that Trump is first in the polls and you have to blame Biden and not Trump for all the fuck-ups 'merica should face in the near future. 
Presidents are not some sort of god like king, they are the head one just one of our three branches of a federal government presiding over a country comprised of 50 separate jurisdictions run by their own governments. You can't  just give them all of the credit or all of the blame for what happens. You need to look at how their words and actions impacted the state of our country and judge them based on that.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
I addressed this question directly in my post. Read it.
I did read it. It seemed to imply Democrats were not at fault. What that means is there is nowhere for the Democrat party to go but down as there won't be anything to fix on their end. The polls reflect this.

Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
What that means is there is nowhere for the Democrat party to go but down as there won't be anything to fix on their end. The polls reflect this.
Politics is a game of perception. You love to talk about politics/perception, I couldn't care less. I'm talking about reality. If you want to discuss that I'm all for it, otherwise I'm not interested.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@Double_R
You can't  just give them all of the credit or all of the blame for what happens. You need to look at how their words and actions impacted the state of our country and judge them based on that.
This is what Greyparrot was talking about. Why are you blaming only Trump for Jan 6? As far as I know Trump finally accepted the results and called for peace. So, why not just forget about it and move on?

And I agree with you, by the way. It's not all Biden's fault. The Congress has to be held accountable too for the current disaster, they should have impeached Biden long time ago.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@IlDiavolo
Why are you blaming only Trump for Jan 6?
I'm not blaming only Trump, of course the people around Trump who helped him facilitate it as well the the rioters themselves all played a role in making it happen and are responsible for their own actions. But going back to what I had just said about how we judge presidents, we have to look at Trump's impact. Here's a very simple fact: January 6th would not have happened but for Donald Trump.

And I don't mean that in some indirect butterfly effect kind of way. Trump is the single individual whom all of this came from. It was his years long push to convince half the country our election system cannot be trusted and that our fellow Americans are intent in stealing it that laid the ground work. It was his insistence that 2020 was stolen that everyone followed. It was his tweet that brought everyone to the Capitol on that day. And it was his egregious dereliction of duty that allowed it to get to the point it did. If Trump had conceded the way Clinton did, the way Romney did, the way McCain did, January 6th would have been the uneventful day in Washington it always is that no one ever remembers.

As far as I know Trump finally accepted the results and called for peace.
Is that a joke? Trump just yesterday released a document containing "proof" the election was rigged. It's literally half of his platform for why he's running. He told all his supporters he's running as their retribution. That's not a call for peace, that's the exact opposite.

IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@Double_R
 Trump is the single individual whom all of this came from.
Democrats are trying to convince America that Trump is the master mind behind J6, but at the same time they say he's an ignorant dumbass. You're doing political propaganda, bald man. I don't know if you're conscious about it.

I'm neither a Republican nor a Democrat (because I'm a foreigner), so I can give an unbiased opinion. From what I see, what happened in J6 wasn't Trump's fault. I agree with you when you say that Trump's tweets brought some extremists to the Capitol, but this is not Trump's fault. I mean, from a legal perspective, Trump shouldn't be responsible for what happened in the Capitol because he didn't planned anything, he just threw a tantrum because he was losing the elections, it's just the way he is. We can blame him from a moral perspective, if you will, as when Bill Clinton cheated on his wife, but imprison him or taking him off ballot is unfair. Just let americans judge Trump in the elections.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@Double_R
Is that a joke? Trump just yesterday released a document containing "proof" the election was rigged. It's literally half of his platform for why he's running. He told all his supporters he's running as their retribution. That's not a call for peace, that's the exact opposite.
I don't know how to interpret this comment. I think America is the country of free speech, so if Trump or anyone else wants to question the system, there wouldn't be any problem. I mean, nobody has taken the Capitol so far. Accepting the results of the past elections doesn't mean Trump should keep quite about it. And he's not contradicting himself.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@IlDiavolo
Democrats are trying to convince America that Trump is the master mind behind J6, but at the same time they say he's an ignorant dumbass.
Intelligence is not one thing. People can be intelligent in certain ways and terribly unintelligent in others. We've all known someone who was incredible at math and science and yet can't figure out how to get a girl.

Trump is a complete buffoon and an ignoramus when it comes to understanding how the world works and making critical complex decisions. But when it comes to tapping into people's emotions, he's quite skilled. Especially when it comes to tapping into the emotions of people who are just as dumb and ignorant as he is. He's just like them, so of course he knows what buttons to push. It's why his entire fortune has been built on exploiting and conning people.

From what I see, what happened in J6 wasn't Trump's fault. I agree with you when you say that Trump's tweets brought some extremists to the Capitol, but this is not Trump's fault. I mean, from a legal perspective, Trump shouldn't be responsible for what happened in the Capitol because he didn't planned anything, he just threw a tantrum because he was losing the elections, it's just the way he is.
First of all, it's pretty remarkable that you would admit Trump's actions are directly responsible for what happened while arguing that he shouldn't be held responsible. I believe people are responsible for their own actions, so I guess we can agree to disagree there.

But to argue that he was just throwing a temper tantrum and didn't plan this defies basic logic. When a person commits an action, the only reasonable presumption one can make is that the natural and likely result of their actions was their intent. Trump spent weeks telling his supporters that their country was being stolen from them and then called them to the US Capitol to stop it. He then gave a speech telling them to "fight like hell or you're not going to have a country anymore".

That right there tells us what he wanted, but what puts this question to bed is the fact that after the attack began he sat in the WH dining room for 3 hours watching the entire thing play out on TV while not making a single phone call or issuing a single order for anyone in the government or military to intervene. When he finally, 3 hours later, told them to go home he couldn't help but also throw in "we love you, you're very special" to the people who just attacked the US Capitol.

And if all of that still isn't enough he had his lawyers call members of Congress during the attack urging them to use the delay to stop the certification. And that's not even everything we know. To say this wasn't what he intended or at the very least that he wasn't pleased with it is absurd.

taking him off ballot is unfair. Just let americans judge Trump in the elections.
The US constitution disagrees with you

I don't know how to interpret this comment.
You claimed that Trump has accepted the results and called for peace, so I was explaining to you why that claim is nonsense.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@Double_R
First of all, it's pretty remarkable that you would admit Trump's actions are directly responsible for what happened while arguing that he shouldn't be held responsible. I believe people are responsible for their own actions, so I guess we can agree to disagree there.

But to argue that he was just throwing a temper tantrum and didn't plan this defies basic logic. When a person commits an action, the only reasonable presumption one can make is that the natural and likely result of their actions was their intent. Trump spent weeks telling his supporters that their country was being stolen from them and then called them to the US Capitol to stop it. He then gave a speech telling them to "fight like hell or you're not going to have a country anymore".

That right there tells us what he wanted, but what puts this question to bed is the fact that after the attack began he sat in the WH dining room for 3 hours watching the entire thing play out on TV while not making a single phone call or issuing a single order for anyone in the government or military to intervene. When he finally, 3 hours later, told them to go home he couldn't help but also throw in "we love you, you're very special" to the people who just attacked the US Capitol.

And if all of that still isn't enough he had his lawyers call members of Congress during the attack urging them to use the delay to stop the certification. And that's not even everything we know. To say this wasn't what he intended or at the very least that he wasn't pleased with it is absurd.
The fact that one thing leads to another doesn't imply responsability. Some words or actions, for example, can trigger off suicide attempts in some vulnerable people, this is not a reason, though, to be responsible for that suicide. Likewise, Trump didn't ordered their followers to take the Capitol. It's pretty clear in his tweets that he called for a massive protest against what he thought (and still) it was a rigged election. The proof of it is his following tweets where he called for peace when he realized he screwed it up. A different situation would have been if he hadn't recognized his defeat, that would have been a crime because it's clearly an insurgency. He was lucky that Pence didn't follow suit.

But, let's be honest, we will never find a common ground about it because you're a militant Democrat. That's why I say Trump will be murdered by a militant, maybe you or SideWalker. Lol.

125 days later

Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@IlDiavolo
Mental health 'does 'seem a problem in America right now,
At a glance I agree, though if I think about it I'm not certain.

Still, population is still growing,
Every new person is another die I'd think,
That rolls with a crazy or radical chance to assassinate the president.
Maybe not that 'high a chance, or that high to succeed though.

President 'is a singular highly conspicuous post in America,
Been done before, will be done again 'some day to 'some presidents I imagine,
Sword of Damocles, age old story.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@IlDiavolo
Recently, Biden was asked by a CNN reporter what his plans were to address current immigration and inflation problems. Biden answered that he already solved both those problems.

People are done with the propaganda that one side is 100% right 100% of the time. 
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@Lemming
Man, your response comes with delay. Lol. 

Fortunately Trump is still alive and all indicates he will be president again. 
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@Greyparrot
Better for Trump.

But I dont think democrats are that stupid, they will cast Joe out. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@IlDiavolo
I am really hoping for that, I have $5000 on 3 to one odds and I would love to score some easy money this year.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Recently, Biden was asked by a CNN reporter what his plans were to address current immigration 
There was a bipartisan bill on immigration out of the Senate.

Trump killed it so the MAGA MORONS would have something to bitch about.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
I am really hoping for that, I have $5000 on 3 to one odds and I would love to score some easy money this year.
Sure you do. Lol

But I thought you said you don’t like Trump? All you do here is lie. But in reality, you really are a MAGA MORON 

Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@Greyparrot
@IlDiavolo
I think I thought his precedential prospects were dead after January 6,
Though I was doubtful he was going to be sent to jail or anything.
Still, court is still up in the air I suppose.

Haven't thought about it for a while,
But from what I'm hearing, Trump has a fair shot at being re-elected.
Surprises me, but maybe I underestimated the political divide, and maybe more real Trump supporters than I thought.

'Really disappointed me when Trump was first elected, how Republicans as a whole just seemed to go along with him.

Well, I'm probably voting 3rd party again.

I've thought about making such bets myself,
But I'm too uncertain of the outcome, to risk it.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Lemming
Betting against Biden isn't a terrible thing.
FLRW
FLRW

This is for researchers reviewing these posts 100 years from now.  I think Trump will lose by 20 million votes.