Something I realized

Author: TheUnderdog

Total: 4
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
Pro lifers: Science confirms life begins at conception!  The Scientists can be trusted with all knowledge.

Me: Bruh; scientists can't even define what a woman is (that's what you guys say).  

If you don't trust scientists with the trans issue, why do that with abortion?

(In the rare even that the person reading this is pro life and believes transwomen are women): Science is correct on both of these issues.  Transwomen are women and protect the unborn.  Trust the science (no matter what)!

Me: Don't many science cites say 2nd hand smoke can be worse for you than actually smoking?

Like, scientists often make claims that are not backed up by science because they have an agenda (reducing smoking by using people's kids as emotional strings).  Now, I agree with this agenda (I hope smoking becomes less common), but only say things about smoking that are true (like it kills a lot of people).

Common sense sometimes outweighs scientific claims.  Common sense claims that smoking is worse than 2nd hand smoke; some science articles claim the opposite.
Best.Korea
Debates: 273
Best.Korea
Its all about the knowledge, really.

Anyone who blindly trusts someone just because that someone is called "scientist" is just a sheep.

Scientists provide theories which they back up with facts.

However, the problem is that despite using facts as basis, scientists are often wrong.

Thats called wrong conclusion derived from facts.

Person can use fact as a premise, and arrive at the wrong conclusion.

This mainly happens because there is unknown information which wasnt included among facts, or because incorrect information got included with facts.
Best.Korea
Debates: 273
Best.Korea
The most reliable source of information are of course, complete statistics.

With complete statistics, person can find correlations and test them for consistency.

Anything outside of complete statistics can be labeled as unreliable.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@TheUnderdog
The "agendas" are usually the necessity of the people paying the scientists.

Though science and scientific method is often misinterpreted.

And proper scientists are often maligned in the same way that you portray them.

I would suggest that you are confusing true science with an agenda driven opinionated reinterpretation of science.