Author: TheUnderdog

Total: 24
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
Me: Immigrants built America.

The left: Yey!  He's so progressive!

Me: No; I mean like this:

Finish the job genocide free.  Eliminate Native Reservations that keep Natives in poverty and living off the government; integrate Native reservations with their states.  Don't deport any whites from Native reservations.  No human being is illegal (and I'm anti ICE so I can say this)!

Tax cuts and economic growth matters more than preserving languages spoken by under 1 million people.

Encourage interracial marriage for those that want kids to make Native Americans and other minorities that pass as Native American or minority barely exist as time goes on.
Best.Korea
Debates: 274
Best.Korea
USA is a country that accepted greatest number of immigrants.

As a result, many people with smart brains moved to USA and contributed to technological development.

As a result, USA became technologically most advanced nation on Earth.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@TheUnderdog
Eliminate Native Reservations that keep Natives in poverty
I mean, do native Americans want that?

TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Best.Korea
I mean, do native Americans want that?
If they did, then the reservations wouldn't exist.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@TheUnderdog
Oh, so they dont want it.

TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Best.Korea
They don't want it, but they take government money to live and I don't like the idea of the US subsidizing places that aren't America.

If they want to be their own independent countries, fine (although I would not agree with this; I want the American state to expand).  If they want to lose their reservation status, fine.

The Native reservations want the best of both worlds.  They want to be treated like a part of the US when it comes to government aid, but their own independent countries when it comes to sovereignty and immigration policy.

That I don't respect.  But if Native reservations were their own independent countries, then Arizona might have voted for Trump in 2020; so democrats might lose Arizona's electoral votes if Native reservations leave the US because then the blue Natives there don't get the right to vote in US elections.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@TheUnderdog
I don't like the idea of the US subsidizing places that aren't America
I like the idea of US giving money to native Americans.

TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Best.Korea
As long as the state doesn't treat natives differently than non natives, that's fine.  Like if a Native school needs funding, fine.  But then the non native school gets funding as well.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@TheUnderdog
As long as the state doesn't treat natives differently than non natives
Well, one could say its a bit too late for that.

TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Best.Korea
How?
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@TheUnderdog
Well, you guys kinda exterminated most of them.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Best.Korea
The US government before I was born genocided most of the Natives.  But people shouldn't be held responsible for crimes other people committed.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@TheUnderdog
The US government before I was born genocided most of the Natives.  But people shouldn't be held responsible for crimes other people committed.
And yet you have no problem being the beneficiary of said crimes.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Double_R
If I did have a problem with it, I would have to move out of the US (and I don't want to do that).

If you tell a drug dealer to stop selling drugs and he ends up taking you out to very nice restaurants; you could continue to tell him to stop doing that, but then you don't get the nice meals anymore.

If one wants to return the land to the natives, that means if they aren't native, they should go back to wherever they are ethnically from.

I don't agree with going back to Malta, so the native genocide made America possible and nothing can be done to undo it, so no need to be upset about things that can never be undone no matter what.
hey-yo
Debates: 24
hey-yo
-->
@TheUnderdog
Is that map supposed to show land taken by whites? ..

Also who or what are considered white?
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@TheUnderdog
If I did have a problem with it, I would have to move out of the US
Or, you could instead just be supportive of the fact that the country maintains these reservations.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@hey-yo
Is that map supposed to show land taken by whites? ..

Also who or what are considered white?
It's not white vs non white.  It's native vs non native.

The non natives took the vast majority of Native land and shouldn't have to return it.

TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Double_R

If I did have a problem with it, I would have to move out of the US
Or, you could instead just be supportive of the fact that the country maintains these reservations.
In order to be consistently against the effects of Manifest Destiny, it requires completely moving out of the US and giving all of your land back to Native Americans.

I'm not doing that.

Native reservations should get absorbed into the rest of the US genocide free.

Double_R
Double_R
-->
@TheUnderdog
You're bouncing back and forth between two extremes and ignoring a perfectly rational middle ground. Eliminating all Indian reservations and feeling forced to give up the life you were born into (to no one's benefit) are not the only two options. We can continue to live this life while giving back by maintaining the reservations. It doesn't wipe out all the wrongs but that's not what we're trying to do because that's not possible.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Double_R
We can continue to live this life while giving back by maintaining the reservations.
Or you could just eliminate the reservations to expand the US territory.  I know your position is, "Don't eliminate or expand reservations" and it's an ok position; but my standard is I think reservations should be eliminated.

But if you hate the fact that in 30 states, a rapist can sue for child custody rights, you really would only complain about that and make it thought of in the moment if you wanted to reduce that number, maybe to 0.

If one complains about the fact that the US stole Puerto Rico, that really only makes sense if you want Puerto Rico to be independent from the US.

If one complains about the fact that the non natives stole native land, that really only makes sense if you want America to go back to the Natives.

But if the left media was blunt about that for a while, the right is going to win at least 70% of the national vote because it turns out whites, Hispanics, blacks, and Asians in the US don't want to give their land back to the natives.

If you don't want America giving the land back to the natives, don't' complain about the fact that we stole this country from the Natives.
hey-yo
hey-yo
-->
@TheUnderdog
Well that's the confusing thing about the map. The map says white not "non native." 
Map also shows what is taken away from "whites." 

Must be a typo maybe. 
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@hey-yo
To them, non native and white are synonymous.
hey-yo
hey-yo
-->
@TheUnderdog
Ah. So the africans and asians invaded too. 
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@hey-yo
To a smaller extent, you are correct.