Is life just a game? And if so, why did I choose the hardest difficulty?

Author: Best.Korea

Total: 22
Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
Okay, so there has been a theory that life is just a game that you chose to play and that when you were born, you entered the game and the game started and when you die the game will end and you will exit the game.

Here is what I dont understand about that theory.

I usually prefer easy games.

But my life seems to be a game played on hardest possible difficulty. 
I have autism,  depression. I am anti social. I am map. I was circumcised. I have tiny dick that is also bent downwards. I dont look good. I am also rather poor.

So if life is a game, why did I choose to play as this character?

It makes no sense. Did I do it to test my gaming skills? Well, my gaming skills are pretty bad in this life, so I am not really sure why would real me outside of the game choose hardest difficulty?

Did I do it on a dare?
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
I am pretty sure that if life was a game, I would choose to play as Trump: rich, corrupt, has money, has girls and isnt limited or bothered by morality or even basic human decency.
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
It's pretty unfair to have been born with a slew of mental illnesses.
That being said, it's also pretty unfair to have been born in the late 20th/early 21st century, have access to the internet, and enjoy a surplus of leisure time not dedicated to sheer survival that can be spent arguing petty nonsense on the internet. The vast majority of humans who've ever lived would think this an unfathomable privilege.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Swagnarok
The vast majority of humans who've ever lived would think this an unfathomable privilege.
Yes. Its called "the grass is always greener" effect. Apparently, people just assume that they would like existing as me, while ignoring that I hate existing as me.

enjoy a surplus of leisure time
I never said I enjoy it.
IlDiavolo
Debates: 0
IlDiavolo
I think you got it wrong. The theory states that this is a virtual reality simulation and there is only one player playing all the characters. This player is what religions call "God".

The goal of the VR is to realize that you're actually this player playing the game so to enjoy (or endure) the experience. This is the process of awakening.

So, instead of playing the victim card and complaining all the time, I suggest you to try at least to change your life if you don't like what you're doing.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@IlDiavolo
The theory states that this is a virtual reality simulation and there is only one player playing all the characters
Well, how do I switch to different character?

So, instead of playing the victim card and complaining all the time, I suggest you to try at least to change your life if you don't like what you're doing
Are you suggesting me to get penis surgery?
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@Best.Korea
Well, how do I switch to different character?
I don’t know. Try meditation. 

Are you suggesting me to get penis surgery?
You're a MAP, you don’t need a big cock. 😁
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@IlDiavolo
I don’t know. Try meditation.
Fine. I will.

You're a MAP, you don’t need a big cock. 😁
Everyone needs a big cock. But mine is 2 inches, 3 at most. Its disgusting. Its not even average.
To add insult to the injury, or injury to the insult, its bent downwards.

It looks like a small banana.
n8nrgim
n8nrgim
-->
@Best.Korea
you just ignored dude's point, that compared to the vast majority of our ancestors, your modern life is pretty luxurious and privileged. all you said was that you hate your life, but you ignored the point that your life is actually probably better than the vast majority of humans that existed.  

also the conventional wisdom is that only the toughest players get so much of the struggle. 

id try your best to improve your situation. try to make friends given relationships are the biggest determinant of happiness. and then also try to embrace looking at the positive side of things, and try to choose to be happy, cause as they say, happiness is a choice. to the extent that you can, of course. and use your priveleged role as a modern human, and get some help for your mental help. 

work towards self improvement. life is meaningless without struggle. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Best.Korea
Is life just a game?

Life is, apparently.

How one refers to one's life's duration and it's associated activities is somewhat irrelevant.

Perhaps it something else's game.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@n8nrgim
you ignored the point that your life is actually probably better than the vast majority of humans that existed.
Yeah, because thats a lie. Or its irrelevant.

try to make friends given relationships are the biggest determinant of happiness.
Thats a lie. I had friends. They dont make you happy.

try to embrace looking at the positive side of things
Yeah, thats called junk science. Scientists, in their infinite wisdom, use statistics to show that those who look at positive side of things are happier. However, statistics can always be understood in two ways. Apparently, those who are happy tend to look at positive side of things. It does nothing for those who arent happy.

try to choose to be happy
So, get drunk?

use your priveleged role as a modern human, and get some help for your mental help.
Oh, I see where the problem is. You think I can be fixed. Oh well, people and their assumptions.

FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Best.Korea

C'mon Man !
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@FLRW
Yes. I am good now. The complaining was temporary.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Swagnarok
There was a "Mouse Utopia" experiment, conducted by psychologist John Calhoun in the 1960s and 1970s. It involved creating an ideal environment for mice with unlimited resources like food, water, and nesting material. However, the twist was that Calhoun controlled the population density.

As more mice were added to the environment, the population density increased. The results showed that, despite the abundance of resources and plenty of opportunities to interact, the mice faced social and behavioral problems. These issues included increased aggression, social withdrawal, disruption of social hierarchies, and a decline in reproduction. Some mice even displayed a behavior called the "beautiful ones," where they isolated themselves and engaged in excessive grooming.

The experiment created the concept of "behavioral sink," where overabundance and overpopulation led to stress and abnormal behaviors, which ultimately affects the social structure of the mouse community. The findings raise questions about the impact of high population density and saturation of fulfilled needs on inherited instinctive social dynamics.

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Greyparrot
Why do you defend my views? I am a democrat. You are a republican. We are not supposed to help each other.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Best.Korea
I'm not a republican, lol
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Greyparrot
And I am not a democrat.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Best.Korea

OMG, do you think we are  "beautiful ones," ?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Best.Korea
I know, but you have a lot of people fooled. So much for an educated populace.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@FLRW
I mean, there are plenty of people who want to leave civilization, no? I dont understand why are they called beautiful ones, but I appreciate the compliment.

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Greyparrot
I recently did a test, and I only have about 60% of democrat values.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Best.Korea