6 argument proof that Christian God cannot exist

Author: Best.Korea

Total: 18
Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
Christian God is usually defined as all powerful being, the infinite being or simply uncreated creator. Often he is described as totally good in the Bible.

1. There is no explanation for the existence of God

Some religious people have said that God is eternal and uncreated.

This is logically impossible, as eternity cannot exist and cannot be realized in any way. In fact, eternity cannot come into existence, as eternity by definition means "no end", so to come into existence, it would have to have an end. A logical contradiction.

For God to be eternal, past would have to be eternal, which is logically impossible, as with eternal past, we can never logically reach the present.

In eternity, number of causes would be infinite or there would be no cause at all, which in both cases would mean that there would be no actual cause to anything and things wouldnt need a cause in order to exist.

So God being eternal or timeless is impossible.

There is also no way to explain how eternity is even possible, as eternity by definition cannot be caused. So nothing can create eternity, making eternity uncaused.

As a result, there is no way to explain how God came into existence or why a different God or Gods doesnt exist instead.

But even if eternity was possible, it would work for atheism as then our world could simply be eternal and need no God.

2. There is no explanation for what causes God to do things

Why would God do anything? There is no reasonable explanation as to why God would create this world or any world. There is no cause which causes God to change, to act, to create. So a God would not create nor act.

3. The problem of perfection

A perfect being would create the most perfect world possible. Every part of that world would be perfect. Every rapist would be the perfect creation of God.

There is no explanation as to why the greatest and most perfect being would create a world filled with evil and non-perfections and random situations happening to random people.

Since each of us can imagine a better world, there is no logical explanation as to why a morally perfect and all powerful being created an unperfect world.

If you claim that this world is morally perfect, then you concede that every rapist is a morally perfect being.

Since world can only be morally perfect or morally unperfect, there is no 3rd option to save Christians.

So they must either concede that their God created a morally unperfect world, or concede that every rapist is a morally perfect being.

To make matters worse for Christians, they invented heaven.
Why would God put people on Earth, and then send them to heaven?
Why not send them to heaven immediatelly?

4. There is no way to justify punishing evil

If creating evil is a good action, then there is no way to justify punishing evil.

So God who created evil people would have no justification to punish them, as God himself creates evil.

Further, if creating evil is a good action, then all evil people are good.

5. Unjust disproportional world

Our world is filled with injustice and unjust treatment. In fact, randomly, good things happen to bad people, and bad things happen to good people, all at the completely disproportional random rate.
A perfect being would be perfectly proportional. Its creation would also be perfectly proportional. Why perfect being would create this random disproportional imperfection remains a mystery.

6. Disproportional punishment

Christian God does not follow "eye for eye" justice system that he said it should be followed in the Old Testament.
In fact, God of the Bible punishes majority of people with eternity of infinite pain of burning alive, when most of them didnt cause so much pain to anyone.
The punishment which God uses is infinitely disproportional to the sins committed, which contradicts the Bible's claim that God rewards according to deeds.

He punishes great majority of people with eternal great pain of burning alive, when those people in most cases did no such thing to anyone.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@Best.Korea

Excellent topic, this is the way for humanity to move forward.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@FLRW
One assumes that for as long as humanity continues to procreate, it will therefore metaphorically move forwards relative to universal progress.

In terms of the intellectual development and application of knowledge, one might be tempted to suggest that humanity might eventually be overtaken.

Hoisted by our own petard, as Mr Shakespeare might say.
FLRW
FLRW

FYI, Petard is a French word that means a case containing an explosive device or a firework that explodes with a loud report. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@zedvictor4
Hoisted by our own petard, as Mr Shakespeare might say.

Is that to say - beaten with their own stick - Vic? 

Hope you and Mrs Vic have a nice new year.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@FLRW
FYI, Petard is a French word that means a case containing an explosive device or a firework that explodes with a loud report. 

So is that to say  a terrorist preparing an IED or suicide vest that explodes prematurely  has been "Hoisted by his/her own petard", FLRW? 

Something like this;
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Stephen
@FLRW
Yep and Yep.

Hamlet.

Have a good year you two.

And regards to your better halves too.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@zedvictor4
Shakespeare.  As in beat them at their own game, then. 
Nice. 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Stephen
More like shooting themselves in the foot.
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@zedvictor4

Zed,

YOUR IDIOM QUOTE REGARDING FEET:  'More like shooting themselves in the foot."

Yes, as many of the pseudo-christian crowd continually do within this forum.  Another one is; "removing one foot from your mouth to insert the other " is the one that Miss Tradesecret is guilty of all the time, and the Hell Bound Muslim aql_reason will be known for as well when we are finished with him in the Islam vs Christianity thread!

n8nrgim
n8nrgim
-->
@Best.Korea
It's not that there r no answers to the issues you pose that could help explain god, it's just that you find the answers unacceptable. That's your choice, but you shouldn't pretend there's no way to explain it
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@n8nrgim
GOD principle is easily explained.

As are hypothetical magic blokes.

Not really the issue though.

I can explain Carrotman.

He's a highly intelligent Carrot X Human hybrid.

Developed by intergalactic Carrots about 2000 years ago.

Hence the expression...

Jesus Christ, he's a funny looking fucker.

Still alive to day on Plant Heaven, somewhere in the Andromeda Galaxy.

One can fully understand how gullible humans readily misinterpret fact and come up with 5.

Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
-->
@n8nrgim
You can explain it, of course. Anything can be explained.

In fact, while I was a Christian, I even claimed that God is not limited to rules of logic. He can do anything, even illogical things.
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Best.Korea

Best.Korea,

YOUR UNGODLY QUOTE WHERE YOU LEFT CHRISTIANITY!:  In fact, while I was a Christian, I even claimed that God is not limited to rules of logic. He can do anything, even illogical things."

Granted, and one of the most irrational things that my Jesus as God did, was to create EVIL, and then punish Christians for being EVIL in the first place, huh?
"I form light and create darkness; I make well-being and create evil; I am the Lord, who does all these things." (Isaiah 45:7)

I will punish the world for its evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; I will put an end to the pomp of the arrogant, and lay low the pompous pride of the ruthless." (Isaiah 13:11)

Go figure. :(

Morphinekid77
Debates: 1
Morphinekid77
-->
@Best.Korea
Forgive me for being a party pooper, but I feel like these "arguments" are coming from a person who has simply never interacted with a knowledgeable Theist and received answers to these types of basic objections. 

Some of these statements you have made are just downright bizarre. Very odd. 

Very odd indeed.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Morphinekid77
The trouble with a great amount of  knowledge is that it could easily be a great amount of non-sense.

I know a lot about Carrotman from Planet Heaven in the Andromeda Galaxy.

When Carrotman was here 2000 years ago the locals called him Jesus.

He was a Carrot Human hybrid.

Son of Mary and Mr Orange.

Mr Orange arrived here in a packet of seeds 2001 years ago.

He had wild green hair.

And people exclaimed...GOD almighty!

And when Carrotman was born they shouted...Jesus Christ!
Morphinekid77
Debates: 1
Morphinekid77
-->
@zedvictor4
Bro's been hitting the Rob Schneider movies a bit too hard....
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
Some points are redundant and others are already refuted.

What I can agree with is the point of "the perfect God" which is probably the best argument for atheists.