Why as someone that hates Jan 6, is considering voting for Trump

Author: TheUnderdog

Total: 79
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
If the election is Trump vs Biden, if Trump wins, there will be no Jan 6.

If Biden wins, there probably will be another Jan 6 this time.  This Jan 6 might actually be sucessful.

I don't want another Jan 6, I might vote for Trump because of that.

If you want Biden and hate Jan 6, please explain to me how Biden winning would prevent another Jan 6.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@TheUnderdog
Biden's latest commercial calls half the country "extremists"

A vote for Biden is a vote for civil war.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Greyparrot
What commercial was that?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheUnderdog
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheUnderdog
Best.Korea
Debates: 273
Best.Korea
Well, it is a good reason to vote for Trump. But can result in slippery slope. If people were voting for someone just to prevent him from getting in power in a violent way or from attacking the government, it kinda sends the message that bad behavior gets rewarded instead of punished.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Best.Korea
At some point, you have to choose your battles. Biden's tree is a crappy and unnecessary one to die on. No justice, no peace.

People are sick and tired of the deplorable politics where everyone you don't like is an extreme fascist.
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@TheUnderdog
If the election is Trump vs Biden, if Trump wins, there will be no Jan 6.

If Biden wins, there probably will be another Jan 6 this time.  This Jan 6 might actually be sucessful.

I don't want another Jan 6, I might vote for Trump because of that.

If you want Biden and hate Jan 6, please explain to me how Biden winning would prevent another Jan 6.
That is absolutely bizarre logic, vote for Trump BECAUSE he's an insurrectionist.

January 6th happened because he refused to leave office, the only way to avoid another January 6 is to elect him to be President for life.

At the bottom of it all, his supporters are cowards, without a President telling the police and military to stand down those rednecks aren't storming the capital building.

Even if they still tried to, defending the capital would be easy, we wouldn't even need the police or military, when a crowd gathers, we could play the national anthem and have a football player take a knee, they would fall to the ground and cry like babies, then we could send out some drag queens and a few transvestites and they would run away screaming in terror.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@Greyparrot
Biden's latest commercial calls half the country "extremists"

A vote for Biden is a vote for civil war.
Ooohhh, what a threat, better vote for Trump or the green teeth rednecks will attack.

Yeah, that will work.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Sidewalker
Yep, you are clearly on the side of deplorable politics. God help us.

People are sick and tired of the deplorable politics where everyone you don't like is an extreme fascist.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@Greyparrot
At some point, you have to choose your battles. Biden's tree is a crappy and unnecessary one to die on. No justice, no peace.

LOL, if the guy in the Hitler youth uniform says only fascism can bring justice and peace then it must be true.

Vote for Trump or die, yeah, that's a great campaign slogan, because, you know, everyone is afraid that a bunch of rednecks with a shotgun in one hand and a beer in the other will take the country by force.  

Do it for Mr. Potato Head, do it to save the eagles from windmills, do it to save yourself from wearing a mask, do it so you won't have to flush the toilet 15 times.

Only Trump can make the trains run on time...Vote Trump!!!
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Sidewalker

It's not for Mr. Potato head. It's to punish those (like Biden) that would divide half the country into a basket of fascists just to get an additional 10 percent for the big guy. Your arguments might be more coherent if not for the fact that the DNC actually funded MAGA in recent elections. They are willing to pay and fund the division. There are far more people sick and tired of being told to hate each other than people like you that enjoy hating others you don't even know.

Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@TheUnderdog
I know you are not this stupid, but for the excercise of addressing fallacious logic I'll go ahead and pretend you're being serious.

The reason people like myself take such issue with January 6th is not because we're afraid of a bunch of MAGA idiots ransacking the US Capitol (the capitol police will be far more prepared the next time, btw), the issue is what January 6th represents; an attempt by the loser of an election to maintain unwarranted power by force.

We do not do things this way in this country because we reject the notion of force being the ultimate arbiter of who gets to control the levers of our government. Instead we believe power is given with consent of the governed and decided based on who had the best ideas for what this country should be.

So when you suggest that we vote for Trump out of fear you're suggesting we abandon everything we believe in and everything this country was founded upon.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
because we reject the notion of force being the ultimate arbiter of who gets to control the levers of our government.
Which is also why most people recoil in horror at the idea of forcefully suspending Democracy because you have the feel-bads about Trump.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@Greyparrot
Yeah yeah, Hitler said he wasn't a fascist too, Seig Heil means "I'm not a Fascist".

It's not for Mr. Potato head. It's to punish those (like Biden) that would divide half the country into a basket of fascists just to get an additional 10 percent for the big guy. Your arguments might be more coherent if not for the fact that the DNC actually funded MAGA in recent elections.
Hell yeah, MAGA can only win a primary, they can't win a general election, why not help the MAGA whack jobs win the primaries.

They are willing to pay and fund the division. There are far more people sick and tired of being told to hate each other than people like you that enjoy hating others you don't even know.
Oh yeah, the side that says hate liberals, hate LGBTQ. hate immigrants, hate democracy, hate our allies, hate the justice department, hate the military, hate everyone but MAGA, yeah, that's the guys that will bring us together as a nation.

All we need to do is put all the non-Aryans in ovens and the country will be peaceful, it's worth it to make the world safe for Mr. Potatohead.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW

Yes, voting for Hitler is a good way to get rid of Hitler. It's time to arm up. Let the revolution begin.

I'm glad I spent a lot of time in Diego Garcia.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
because we reject the notion of force being the ultimate arbiter of who gets to control the levers of our government.
Which is also why most people recoil in horror at the idea of forcefully suspending Democracy because you have the feel-bads about Trump.
I was very clearly talking about physical force. Following the constitution does not qualify.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
You never did answer the question I asked you in the other thread... Do you believe we are obligated to follow the constitution? YES or NO?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
Of course. 
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Greyparrot
Jan 6 was not done by half the country; just the Jan 6 protestors that entered the white house.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Sidewalker
Yeah yeah, Hitler said he wasn't a fascist too,
And 70 million voters are tired of being called Hitlers by a bunch of haters who know nothing about them other than they were told to hate them by authority.  But keep on supporting Biden's war on about half of America, that will surely be a winning strategy going into the election.

(spoiler alert: his campaign video on youtube got ratioed into oblivion.)
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheUnderdog
Jan 6 was not done by half the country; just the Jan 6 protestors that entered the white house.
Correct. So for Biden to create a campaign ad showing pictures of average Trump supporters and then to call them "extremists" shows that Biden doesn't care about what you just said. Par for the course for a Democrat demagogue.
Best.Korea
Debates: 273
Best.Korea
-->
@Greyparrot
But keep on supporting Biden's war on half of America
Actually, most of Americans didnt vote for Trump. So logically, its impossible that half of Americans voted for Trump.

Since most is 51% or more, it follows that those who voted are 49% or less, which is lower than half.

Now, about your post of Biden' war on MAGA, are you new to democracy? Its called politics. Trump attacks everyone who opposes to him. Thats how democracy works. 

If you want to live in a country where everyone agrees on everything, try moving to North Korea or Russia.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Best.Korea
 If people were voting for someone just to prevent him from getting in power in a violent way or from attacking the government, it kinda sends the message that bad behavior gets rewarded instead of punished.
I don't like it, but there are times when bad behavior gets rewarded.  Like when the US fought a war with Mexico and killed a bunch of people.  Our reward was the South West US.  There are times when bad behavior gets rewarded.

January 6th happened because he refused to leave office, the only way to avoid another January 6 is to elect him to be President for life.
There are some other things that can be done.  They are:

1. Hope that the MAGA base would be satisfied with 2 terms (only possible).  If Biden wins, he will serve a 2nd term, but Trump will still be there (assuming he doesn't die by 2028, and if he does, he can have pretty much whoever he wants be his successor and the MAGA base would follow them (maybe someone like Tucker Carlson)).  Then Tucker Carlson is the new Trump.
2. Assassinate Trump (which I'm not willing to do, but if it happened in a very blue area like DC or Manhattan, the person would get tried for murder, but since these are far left areas, the person who murdered Trump probably would get away with it.  If Hitler was still alive and someone murdered him, do you think that person would get punished if Hitler was in an area where everyone hated him?  I think it's an open question.

At the bottom of it all, his supporters are cowards, without a President telling the police and military to stand down those rednecks aren't storming the capital building.
I know police officers; they are Trump voters, but they hate Jan 6.  They are Law and Order.

Even if they still tried to, defending the capital would be easy, we wouldn't even need the police or military, when a crowd gathers, we could play the national anthem and have a football player take a knee, they would fall to the ground and cry like babies, then we could send out some drag queens and a few transvestites and they would run away screaming in terror.
They wouldn't run away, they probably would murder the drag queen.

If there is another Jan 6, the people involved with Jan 6 and trying to storm the capitol need to be shot on sight.  Shoot first, ask questions later.  #BackTheBlue.

Anyone captured from the event needs to be burned alive to set an example to others.  #ToughOnCrime.

If I knew this was going to happen to the Jan 6 people, I would have no problem voting against Trump.  But our government is too soft on MAGA Jan 6 criminal thugs; they need to get burned alive!  #LawAndOrder.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot

A vote for Biden is a vote for civil war 
Do you know if they are selling the missing 200 Russian nuclear suitcase bombs on the Dark Web?
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Double_R
The reason people like myself take such issue with January 6th is not because we're afraid of a bunch of MAGA idiots ransacking the US Capitol (the capitol police will be far more prepared the next time, btw)
Both the Jan 6 rioters and the Police will be better prepared.  If baseball team A plays against baseball team B and baseball team B wins, if the 2 teams play again, it's possible team A wins.  Under 50% chance; but it's possible.

I know you are not this stupid, but for the excercise of addressing fallacious logic I'll go ahead and pretend you're being serious.

The reason people like myself take such issue with January 6th is
You explained why you take issue with Jan 6.  I agree with you; Jan 6 was terrorism.  

You didn't say how you would prevent it from happening again, and maybe being successful.

Lets say there is Person A (you) and Person B.  Person B wants $50K from Person A.  Person A says, "No!".  Person B kidnaps Person A's wife, son, and daughter and says that if Person A doesn't give the $50K, he will murder Person B's wife and son and rape the daughter.  Lets say in this scenario, the law will not catch person B (because lets say half the population supports person B, just like about half the population loves/likes Trump).

Either you give $50K to person B or your wife and son get murdered and your daughter gets raped repeatedly.  You also know that Person B keeps their word (at least in the short term); if you give them $50K, they will return your family to you unharmed (but you won't be able to legally go after them because half the country supports person B; just like half the population supports Trump enough to prefer him over Biden).

Do you give Person B what they want (the $50K)?  If I loved my family, I would.  I hate person B, but I don't want my family getting raped and murdered.

Now, if someone assassinated person B, this would be the best case scenario for me and my family.  But this would be like assassinating Trump.

The only way you are going to wipe out MAGAism is if somebody assassinates Trump.

If you know the law isn't going to go after you, it is not moral, but it is logical to be a terrorist if doing so benefits you.  Trump doesn't have morals, he cares about only logic.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Greyparrot
 So for Biden to create a campaign ad showing pictures of average Trump supporters and then to call them "extremists" 
Jan 6 protestors aren't average Trump supporters.  They are some of the most fringe Trump supporters.
FLRW
FLRW

Former President Donald Trump acknowledged that, despite receiving counsel from multiple people that the 2020 election was not stolen, he pushed ahead anyway with his false claims to try and overturn the results.

Lock Him Up! Lock Him Up! Lock Him Up!

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheUnderdog
Like I said, the Biden ad was purposely deceitful.

And then there are a huge amount of Biden supporters that see no downside for alienating nearly half the country (70 million voters and their children)

It's almost like they all want a war. Well careful what to wish for I say. Many thought war could not happen in 1861 until it did.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot

Are you a QAnon Shaman?