Why are child spankers running away from debate?

Author: Best.Korea

Total: 53
Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
Child spankers are the group of people in society that rejects all science and statistics about spanking, and goes against them.

Now, my debates about spanking almost never get accepted.

I assumed if they were easy to win, someone would accept, but nope.

Now, obviously, there is no scientific research that supports spanking.

In fact, non-spanked children turn out much better by far.

So one must wonder, with all these pure facts available and well known, why are there still child spankers?

The only explanation seems to be that parents are turned on by spanking. They find some sadistic pleasure in it.

Anyone sane knows that you train animals with rewards, not punishments.

And children are smarter than animals, so rewards work even better on them.

But sadistic child spankers cannot resist!

They are ready to go against all science just so that they could abuse children.

And I am not even talking about minority in society, but majority in society.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Best.Korea
Do you expect there to be a plethora of child spankers on this site?
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@zedvictor4
Well, statistically, yes.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Best.Korea
Well statistically yes.

I would disagree, and say statistically unlikely.
Mall
Debates: 336
Mall
-->
@Best.Korea
What would you suggest to discipline a child that continues to misbehave and disobey you?
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Mall
There are rewards and there is denying service.

And children usually misbehave because their parents starve them of attention.

Really, the idea that you can put a child in a corner and expect him to stay there for hours without negative consequences is itself a misunderstanding of human relations.

Children need  social contact, just as any other human being.

The idea that you will fix a child you neglected by beating him is just another delusion.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Mall
If you are curious about why your child is misbehaving, the proper approach is:

1. Ask a child why he misbehaves.

2. Ask a child about what he wants or what are his desires.
Morphinekid77
Debates: 1
Morphinekid77
-->
@Best.Korea
I was spanked as a child and I turned out, dare I would say, far more normal than the vast majority of the people on this website. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Morphinekid77
I was spanked too. Now I am avatar.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Morphinekid77
Normal is as normal does.

Though:

Within the context of this site.

If the majority of people are seemingly abnormal.

And you are seemingly the only normal one.

Then statistically and relative to definition you are the abnormal one.

Mall
Mall
-->
@Best.Korea
1. Ask a child why he misbehaves.

2. Ask a child about what he wants or what are his desires.

Is this how you suggest one discipline the child from misbehaving and being disobedient?

Do you have a particular age in mind while suggesting this?

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Mall
If child can talk, talking and rewards apply.

If not, then only rewards and distractions apply.

Beating should not apply.
Mall
Mall
-->
@Best.Korea
I don't think you can suggest how to discipline. I've asked over and over. You're giving me probably on how to approach. But what has proven to work to correct the behavior. You can't tell me that . Just say that instead of evading the question.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Mall
You are ignoring the answer.
Mall
Mall
-->
@Best.Korea
You didn't answer the question. You responded to it which is a big difference in that  .
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
It's easy to doctor a study so that it says whatever the politically expedient conclusion is. Pick "a random sample" of some high-income parents with high emotional intelligence, who can successfully raise well-behaved kids without the paddle, and contrast that with another "random sample" of low-income parents with obvious anger issues whose approach to corporal punishment is better described as a beating than a spanking. Poof, science.

All you have to do is ignore two other groups: parents without anger issues who need the paddle to control their kids but don't overdo it, so their kids turn out alright, and parents with low emotional intelligence/motivation as a parent who forego the paddle but whose only alternative is letting the increasingly spoiled brats walk all over them, so their kids grow up to be monsters with severe behavioral issues.

As for a debate, nah. Right now I don't feel like I have enough spare time to dump another commitment onto my plate. But I can discuss it here if you want.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Swagnarok
Those are just bunch of assumptions that you stated.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Best.Korea
Of course, their is a huge difference between chastisement and physical abuse.
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@Best.Korea
Child spankers are the group of people in society that rejects all science and statistics about spanking, and goes against them.
What particular statistics?  It's not an issue I have research thoroughly.  But I don't like accepting debates because my Wifi access is unpredictable during the school year and I got school.

I also have felt very bad after debates.  Me and my opponent (usually) are willing to do whatever is needed to make a point and we often don't understand each other's points.

If debating is for you, fine debate.  But I don't debate anymore.  It's not for me.

Is it your belief that child spanking is:

1. Generally bad idea
  2. Unconditionally a bad idea, but it should be legal (I would say dating a co worker is in this category).
  3. Should be unconditionally illegal and you would use the power of the state to punish parents who do this to their kid if the state finds out.  If this is your position, you need an acceptable punishment that you are upfront with.
?

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@TheUnderdog
  1. Generally bad idea
In most cases, its a bad idea.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Best.Korea
But there are millions of situations to where spanking a child may be acceptable or unacceptable, and this is the normie position; that you shouldn't spank your child, but since you know your child best and since we assume the parent wants what's best for the child, our society lets parents make the call.

If the parent didn't love the child, the child would be starving on the streets somewhere.
Reece101
Reece101
I’m guessing the younger you yell and spank the child, the more likely they’ll misbehave when they're older due to them not fully comprehending the situation. Yelling and hitting becomes a learnt behaviour for when they're mad. Adults that yell and hit are children in a way. They themselves don’t adequately comprehend the situation. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@TheUnderdog
but since you know your child best and since we assume the parent wants what's best for the child, our society lets parents make the call.
People often assume they know best, but more often than not that is not the case.

You are supposed to default to science, even when you assume your personal situation might be an exception.

TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Best.Korea
You are supposed to default to science, even when you assume your personal situation might be an exception.
Science has exceptions.

Like according to science, gay men wouldn't exist unless a mutation because gay men don't reproduce, so they can't spread their gay genes; but straight men do spread their genes.

So according to science, straight genes are designed to overtake gay genes.

But here Gen Z is.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@TheUnderdog
Genes can be inactive. When it comes to “straight genes” and “gay genes” it isn’t an either/or when it comes to inheritance.
DavidAZZ
Debates: 0
DavidAZZ
-->
@Best.Korea
Quick question on this BK (and to others responding to this topic), do you have children?
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@DavidAZZ
No.
DavidAZZ
Debates: 0
DavidAZZ
Ah.  Usually, I find the best parents are the ones with no children.  All theory and no experience.

I am a "child spanker".  There is actually a lot that goes into spanking a child.  As a parent, you have to use spanking as a last resort and only after they understand that the punishment for disobeying will be the spanking.  Words work well when they care about what you say.

It also depends on the child.  I have one that will nearly cry when I scold them.  I have another that will endure the scolding as long as they get what they wanted, regardless if it's against the rules.  Most times, a spanking to this one will do the trick, BUT only after I know they understand they are disobeying or doing something wrong.

A lashing out from a parent is not "spanking" a child.  That is an angry out burst.  It can turn into abuse.  That type of response is all about how the parent feels, not about the betterment of the child.  Spanking should always be with the mind of how the child will improve with the consequence of his/her actions.

Just my two cents.  I go along with the Hebrew proverb "Spare the rod, spoil the child."
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@DavidAZZ
Usually, I find the best parents are the ones with no children.  All theory and no experience.
Well, yes. 

Having children is immoral, so best parents are indeed the ones who never have children.

Now, you are also falling for one classical fallacy common among ordinary people.

Apparently, you assume that those who have children know everything about children or are doing the best for those children.

Now, it does not take lots of thinking to conclude that both of those assumptions are false.

Since you mentioned your children and how you beat them, therefore personal example, personal attack would also be warranted, but you are new to the site, so I will pass on the personal attack opportunity.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@DavidAZZ
Words work well when they care about what you say.
False or.

Its not "words or spanking".

There are plenty of punishments which are not spanking nor words nor yelling.