seeding the galaxy with embryos is better than trying to cryogenic or space community travel

Author: n8nrgim

Total: 35
ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@zedvictor4
So how does one actually observe the phenomenon?

As good an example as any. On the right panel click on "figures", there is a simplified diagram of the experimental setup.

In broad strokes they zapped a special part of a https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitrogen-vacancy_center diamond with a microwave beam which caused it to shoot out entangled photons. Well tons of things are always shooting out entangled photons and independent photons, but this weird magic crystal shit only glows when the spin is zero and when the spin is zero (now this is an electron in the diamond, it stays where it is)  the photons must leave as an entangled pair.

Beyond that I can't tell you much more than read the papers and see what you can understand. I've seen a lot of cool things personally, but never entanglement experiments.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
There is no need to fuck up all the universe sending the human species all over.

We'd better improve our species, then we can think of seeding the universe. And the best way to do it imho is by means of genetic selection, ruling out weak and retarded genes and ruling in those strong and intelligent. There is no other way because the world right now sucks as it is. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@IlDiavolo
Spot on.

Though perhaps species development is actually working towards such a position.

It's just that here and now, we are condemned to the here and now.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@zedvictor4
Why do you think we are condemned to "the here and now"?

Human beings are more selective, at least in developed countries. I heard that there are less down children in Europe because it's possible to detect the genes that cause the Down Syndrome. So if a pregnant woman realizes the fetus in her womb has the down Syndrome, there is a lot of chances that she aborts.

Also, there are more and more women that prefer to be single mothers, and at the moment they choose the sperm donor, they make sure that the donor is healthy, intelligent, athetic and white.

I don't know, Victor, we are not that far to use genetical selection to have babies. It's the only way to get rid of the flaws of this fucking species. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@IlDiavolo
Yep, the points you make are relevant.

And the here and now is relevant to how things actually are, and how things could be in the future.

I'm continuously suggesting that selective breeding is the way forwards for humanity.

Though I also continuously suggest that humanity could be superseded by an alternative intelligence.

Nonetheless, here and now there are 8.1 billion people split between 195 countries, with varying levels of technological and social development.

So I don't see a global agreement on selective breeding and social homogeneity happening any time soon.