Christians are all in for Trump.

Author: IwantRooseveltagain

Total: 37
IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain

“Ron Betts, a 72-year-old Republican who said he plans to caucus for “Trump all the way,” said he felt the former president “exemplified what Jesus would do.”

Jesus would:

Dodge the draft
Dodge his taxes
Cheat on his wives
have 2 divorces
rape and sexually assault women
think only of himself 
Use charitable donations for himself
Lie constantly 

That’s some religion. Christians are a disgrace.
Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
former president “exemplified what Jesus would do.”
He meant to say "exemplified what satan would do".
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain

Jesus had facelifts, didn't he?
n8nrgim
n8nrgim
To be fair to these guys, those r trumps personal attributes. Not that I think his policy and presidential attributes r much better
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
My wife once asked me whether I thought religion itself was harmful to humanity. I don't know whether I would take that position on balance but if I were to list the bad things about it, among them would be that it teaches subservience to an unquestionable authority as a virtue and that it's not only ok but preferable for one's core values to be derived from whatever that authority says.

It's no accident that the same party who once routinely appealed to Ronald Reagan as some diety who's actions and beliefs were treated as the standard by which any acceptable political positions were judged, has now moved on to doing the same for Trump. Except now that's on steroids.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Double_R
Yes, evangelicals are weirdos and believing in a “supreme being” at the very least may indicate a weakness of the mind, a need to have a sense of belonging, or a desire to abdicate responsibility for your own actions. Anytime something bad happens, you can say it’s god’s will. If something good happens you can say god favors you.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
subservience to an unquestionable authority
Sounds like a Democrat TBH. Or at least the 30% that really like Biden.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Sounds like a Democrat TBH. 
lol, you are never honest. You are a disgrace.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Reported for unwarranted Adhom.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Oh it is warranted.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
Sounds like a Democrat TBH. Or at least the 30% that really like Biden.
This is such a ridiculous talking point born out of nothing more than 3rd grade level "I'm rubber and you're glue" thinking.

Democrats sometimes defend Biden vehemently not because of fielty to him but because the people who criticize him are normally fine with Trump who is objectively worse in every way a human being could possibly be. Comparing the two in any sense is itself absurd. Biden sniff's women? Trump has over 26 accusers and was found liable for rape. Biden doesn't know where he is? Trump thinks Obama is still the president. Biden took classified documents home? Trump took boxes and boxes of them and hid them from the FBI next to his toilet. Biden made money off of China? Trump took home over 7.8 million and unlike with Biden we actually have the receipts. Every accusation against Biden is pure projection.

Meanwhile no democrat I've ever heard speak on this would vote for him if he were convicted of serious federal crimes, or that there is literally nothing Biden could do to change their minds, and not a single democrat anywhere in Washington is afraid to criticize Biden for fear of that the base will turn on them. The two do not compare in the least, so it is flagrantly dishonest of you to pretend there is any parallel here.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
Maybe, but it's probably me projecting my frustration at Trump getting re-elected solely on the basis of Democrats that refuse to let go of Biden. I know through polling most Democrats are upset with Biden, but apparently, he has enough of a cult following to hang on to power and dreams of another 4 years. It's like watching a slow rolling train wreck as Trump wins by ridiculous default. Whether you think it's right or wrong bears nothing in comparison to the real polls showing Biden slipping further down in key battleground states where he has no chance of winning right now.

Self inflicted disaster.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Oh it’s warranted 

he has enough of a cult following to hang on to power
As usual you are talking nonsense. In no way does any reasonable person think Biden has any kind of “cult following”. Every day every thing you say is wrong. It’s really incredible. Tell us again when that recession is going to start.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
he has enough of a cult following to hang on to power and dreams of another 4 years. 
Setting aside that you don't know what the word "cult" even means, Biden remains on top because there is no other figure within the Democratic party that could mount a reasonable challenge. Biden is as unpopular as he is because we live in an age of propaganda not seen before in our lifetimes. Biden is perfectly capable cognitively, demonstrated by the fact that everytime he goes out there he makes perfect sense and speaks eloquently to real issues facing the country. Yet half the country hears nothing more than 3 second soundbites played on a loop while the commentators tell their audience he belongs in a mental institution.

No one thought this about Biden before he ran for president, but when you have an entire media apparatus with no regard for facts and evidence, anything they want to paint you as is what people will think of you. That is not because of Biden, anyone who steps into the lead role will face the same nonsense.

But if you actually look at what Biden has done, most of it is very popular and reasonable so he stands in better position than most if not everyone to withstand the propaganda storm.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
Setting aside that you don't know what the word "cult" even means,
Sure I do. There are loyal followers on both sides that would not waver for ANY reason. Period.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain

a misplaced or excessive admiration for a particular person.

Admiration for Trump is misplaced. He is a reprehensible person, a subversive and a poor leader. A pathological liar, a bigot and a narcissist.

Support for Biden is tenuous at best. But he hasn’t done anything illegal or unethical as Trump has.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
There are loyal followers on both sides that would not waver for ANY reason. Period.
All you keep eluding to is people who are stuck on what they believe. That is not a cult. Joy Reid once recounted a conversation with a cult expert who put it best - when asked what's the difference between a religion and a cult he explained; 'in a religion, your savior sacrifices themself for you. In a cult, you sacrifice yourself for your savior'.

This explains MAGA perfectly. Just start by looking around at his inner circle; Michael Cohen, Steve Bannon, Rick Gates, and plenty others all convicted for crimes they committed for Trump (and many more to come). Giuliani, financially ruined. Lindsay Grahm, Elise Stefanic, and others sold their soul and now daily peddle nonsense they clearly do not believe. The entire republican party surrendering every principal it used to pretend to value, plus losing election after election and ready to do it again this year. Evangelicals completely abandoning the teachings of Christ to support Trump. Right wingers getting COVID and dying because they bought Trump's BS that COVID was a hoax. J6 rioters in prison because Trump told them to fight like hell. Trump's supporters donating their hard earned money to Trump's campaign so he can pocket the money as he has been doing.

Trump doesn't sacrifice for MAGA, they sacrifice themselves for him.

There is no equivalent to this anywhere on the left no matter how much you pretend otherwise. Biden is not a savior to anyone, we are thankful to him is because of the things he did for us, including saving us from a second Trump term.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Double_R
Very well put. But it’s like a college professor teaching a mentally challenged 8 year old.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
 'in a religion, your savior sacrifices themself for you. In a cult, you sacrifice yourself for your savior'.
That's cute, but doesn't pass the dictionary definition. In American politics with a government this big, we all make sacrifices to give up some of our liberties for someone else's power. That's not a cult, that is reality.

There are loyal followers on both sides that would not waver for ANY reason. Period.
That passes the Dictionary (reality) test. Absolutely.

we are thankful to him is because of the things he did for us, including saving us from a second Trump term.
Yeah, but the rest of America doesn't want to pay for your chosen sacrifices....
A 20 percent hike on goods from 2020 is alot for many people... was that worth a 4 year delay? I guess we will see.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
we all make sacrifices to give up some of our liberties for someone else's power. That's not a cult, that is reality.
Bullshit, what liberties have you given up for someone else’s power?

That passes the Dictionary (reality) test. Absolutely.
Bullshit, no Democrats are saying Biden was chosen by god. That’s what many MAGA MORONS believe 

A 20 percent hike on goods from 2020 is alot for many people
Only a moron would think government spending caused inflation. And a lot is two words genius 

Double_R
Double_R
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Very well put. But it’s like a college professor teaching a mentally challenged 8 year old.
George Carlin once said "never argue with stupid people, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with their experience". I disagree, why give them that edge?
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
That's cute, but doesn't pass the dictionary definition
My post wasn't intended as a definition, it was intended to highlight the central idea that gives the word "cult" it's meaning and the emotional connotations that follow. When a person is said to be in a cult what immediately follows are thoughts of an individual being manipulated into their own demise in service of a figurehead, and that manipulation being so pronounced that the individual doesn't even recognize it as they continue to facilitate it.

You're trying to use this to apply to Joe Biden's followers, which is just obscenely stupid. No supporter of Biden is doing anything in service to him. Even if I grant you your silly little inflation argument as an example - that it's all because of his policies and not because of the supply chain disruptions from COVID - that's a policy dispute. None of that is about Joe Biden or any other figure on the left. 

You have never heard Joe Biden telling his supporters that he's taking political abuse for them. You never heard him argue that he's their retribution, or that without him fighting for them no one else will. Joe Biden's connection with his followers is entirely about an alignment with them on policy and philosophy of governing. And when Biden leaves politics, the rest of us will move onto whomever shares those same values.

You can't seriously say any of this about Trump supporters, and that key difference is the difference between political support vs a cult. Trump supporters regularly tell interviewers that there is nothing Trump can do to lose their support. They regularly flip flop on their own stated values to align themselves with whatever Trump does. The political test in the party is not about any set of policy ideas, but whether and how often the individual sides with Trump. The republican party platform is literally 'whatever Trump says'.

If you can't tell the difference between these two things then I truly do feel sorry for you.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
So the key difference is that Trump loyalists are more vocal and honest than the Biden loyalists? I will grant you that.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
You can't seriously say any of this about Trump supporters,
I guess we will see after Trump is gone if those MAGA values leave with him, or if, as you put it, his loyalists just go along with someone else with the "same shared values"

It's kind of scary if this is the case, as it means all the sacrifices the left did to eliminate Trump really account for nothing in the end. Sacrifices every Biden loyalist made in the last few years.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
So the key difference is that Trump loyalists are more vocal and honest than the Biden loyalists?
No. Not on the slightest. I just went on about this at length and explained it in painstaking detail. You are either trolling or incapable of retaining anything past a paragraph, so let me dumb this down for you:

Biden supporters defend Biden's policies because they agree with them. Trump supporters defend Trump because loyalty to Trump is all that matters.

Biden supporters would stop defending Biden the minute he violates their core political philosophies. Trump supporters have no core political philosophy and will not stop defending him in any circumstance.

Is this simple enough?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
I guess we will see after Trump is gone if those MAGA values leave with him, or if, as you put it, his loyalists just go along with someone else with the "same shared values"

I can tell you this: assassinating Hitler or otherwise eliminating him in 1941 wouldn't have slowed Nazi party in the slightest. In fact, it might likely have extended their reign as competent people replaced him. You are about to learn that.

A sobering nightmare for all Biden loyalists.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
MAGA will be dramatically crippled once Trump is gone. This is clear by the fact that everytime someone else comes along and tries to emulate him they fail badly.

It will also be the case that once Trump is gone and republican leaders are no longer concerned about him attacking them on Twitter, they will no longer be cornered into defending his latest absurdities, like the notion that a POTUS can order the assassination of his political rivals with no recourse from the justice department.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
This is clear by the fact that everytime someone else comes along and tries to emulate him they fail badly.
I guess we will see if all those Trump loyalists don't just find a convenient replacement. (one that is more competent at implementing the MAGA culture)
History says that will happen. The only way to destroy a culture is to kill the people with force. Like the Nazis, like the Indians, etc...