Here is why eating meat is bad

Author: Best.Korea

Total: 11
Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
I got food poisoning.

Apparently, meat and animal products are much more likely to contain harmful viruses and bacteries.

I learned the hard way.

Couldnt sleep for the entire night due to pain below chest.

Cant drink even one whole glass of water without puking. I must drink very slowly. It takes me an hour to drink one cup of water.

Must go to the toiled 5 times a day due to diarrhea.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@Best.Korea

Well, fortunately, you'll usually recover from the most common types of food poisoning within 12 to 48 hours. Your goal should be to make sure that your body gets enough fluids so that you don't become dehydrated. Don't eat solid foods until diarrhea has passed, and avoid dairy products.
n8nrgim
n8nrgim
-->
@Best.Korea
sounds like u can't catch a break in life, eh? 
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
Apparently, meat and animal products are much more likely to contain harmful viruses and bacteries.
We now know why bad stuff happens and so now we can be scientific about the safety of eating raw animal meat. In most cases it's fine, most doesn't cut it. That is why almost all cultures got tired of seeing people bleed out the back door and die so they boiled, fried, and baked meat to the point of taboo (and in the case of some religions doctrine).

Here is one thing I learned the hard way:
Just because you kill the bacteria, doesn't mean they didn't leave toxins behind. You can't always taste or smell the poison. You can't cook something into safety, don't buy meat you aren't going to cook or freeze within two days. Especially true of fish.

Up to you what you eat and how you prepare it, but plants aren't always safe. You can get food poisoning from plants and I have (stupid salad kit).

If you didn't do something stupid like leave it in the fridge for a month I would consider avoiding whatever grocery or restaurant provided you with the food.
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
Get better soon. I don't recall this ever happening to me, but I once ate a flavor of chips (which I'd enjoyed at the time) while sick and I couldn't stand them afterward. Same principle I guess.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Best.Korea
Some bacteria gives you the sh*ts...Most doesn't.

On this occasion you were unlucky.

There are certainly ways to avoid risk though.

Uncontaminated meat is fine as part of a balanced diet.

Viruses, such as Norovirus are somewhat different.

Norovirus is prevalent in the UK at the moment.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
..." This provides evidence that GSE could effectively damage the NoV capsid protein, which could reduce viral binding ability and infectivity accordingly. "...
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3485726/

Originally I bought the incorrect substance when going on first cruise, 2011.   Grapefruit Seed Extract. I still have that expired bottle and used it few weeks ago, in case i was getting H Pylori again.

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@FLRW
I am better now. All it took was drinking water to flush out whatever was causing the poisoning, while not eating anything to prevent adding to the poisoning, and some pills for pain to be able to sleep.

I actually read somewhere that harmful bacteries in your body's digestive system tend to die or be flushed out sooner if you dont eat food at all, since they feed on the food you eat and they cant reproduce well without that food.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@zedvictor4
The problem was mainly fast food. I didnt make the food. While fast food poisoning is rare, taking fast food for decades kinda increases the risk.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Best.Korea
What makes you think it was the meat? You mentioned fast food, did any of it have mayo on it or any other perishable condiment on it? I would bet it was one of those that caused it. Believe it or not, lettuce is the biggest culprit for mild food poisoning.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@sadolite
It was just bread, milk, chocolate and meat, the day I got food poisoning.