Leftists; who would you rather vote for

Author: TheUnderdog

Total: 9
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
If you knew the election was going to be between one of these 2 people (I'm not saying this is reality, but hypothetically speaking), who would you vote for:

Person 1: A Pro choicer that is a proud white supremist and is pro choice because they want women to be allowed to decide if they want an abortion.  They don't make their pro choice stance racial; they just happen to not like non white people and the unwanted pain produced from pregnancy for some women.

Person 2: A pro lifer that denounces white supremacy.

If your answer in this hypothetical is, "I would vote 3rd party" or, "I wouldn't vote", to me, this counts as a dodge.  I get it; you are a pro choicer that hates white supremacy.

But if you had to pick between the pro-choice white supremist or the pro life non white supremist, if you pick the pro life non white supremist, fine.

But if you pick the pro choicer that is a white supremist, that's fine as well.

But if this is what you pick, don't be mad at pro life Trump supporters for voting for him over Biden (pro choice non white supremist) even if Trump is a white supremist.

And if you are a pro lifer that thinks Trump is racist (you might not think he's racist, but lets say hypothetically speaking you thought he was racist), if you care more about abortion policy than racism, fine; vote for the pro life person you believe is a white supremist.  My grandfather did that twice.  I'm not mad at him.  He didn't like Trump's white supremacy (he believes Trump is a white supremist), but he held his nose and voted for him over a pro choice that supported what he believes is murder.

But if this is you, then don't get angry at left wingers who would be willing to vote for a white supremist over a pro lifer.

Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
Well, its an interesting choice.

Pro life non-"white supremacist"
Or
Pro choice white supremacist

Its actually rather unpredictable who would bring more pain in the world, especially in USA which is a country with many races.

But if white supremacist is like Trump, just pro choice instead of pro life, then yeah, I guess he would be maybe prefered.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@TheUnderdog
Being pro-choice is a sign of superior intellect, therefore they would not be a white supremist.
Many people use these words “supremist” and “supremacist "interchangeably, but are they really the same thing?
The answer is no. While both words refer to a person who believes in the superiority of a particular group, “supremist” is not a proper word in the English language. The correct word is “supremacist.”

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
Being a white supremacist  today means anyone who is anti-affirmative action.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@FLRW
Being pro-choice is a sign of superior intellect, therefore they would not be a white supremist.
Seems like kind of like a biased answer.  It is possible to be pro choice and a white supremist, just like it's possible to be pro life and a white supremest.  Someone claiming to be pro life in the US society can claim the same thing for their opinion (and both abortion opinions are comparably common in the US (I define comparably common as 25-75% popularity for each position)).  There are some positions (like legalized abortion up until the moment of birth) that in some polls I have seen are under 25% popularity nationwide.  You probably would consider these people smart though.

It takes a really biased person to believe that anyone who disagrees with them on an issue is stupid because they disagree on that issue.

Abortion opinions have nothing to do with white supremacy opinions (except for maybe both left wing opinions reduce unwanted pain in their view).  But it's possible (rare, but possible) to be pro choice because you know it will reduce the proportion of non white kids in the US and that's your goal (non whites tend to have more kids than whites).

I'm not saying it's your goal, but it's certainly a possible goal.

Except for anti pain ideology, there is nothing connecting abortion opinion to white supremacy.

But if your ethos is anti unwanted pain, what do you think would produce less pain, a white supremest president or a pro life president (the other opinion they are anti- unwanted pain on)?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheUnderdog
 It is possible to be pro choice and a white supremist,

Like Margaret Sanger?
A lot of really smart college people thought up terms like affirmative action, unconscious bias, DEI and Systemic Racism to circumvent the EEOC act and the 14th amendment. Something to ponder on this MLK weekend.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Greyparrot
I know you think Margaret Sanger is a white supremist.  But the pro choice left crowd will probably deny Margaret being racist just like how the MAGA crowd denies Trump being racist.  Either that, or they will ignore her racism and still advocate for legalized abortion.  Or (if they are smart and coincidentally believe she is racist), they will criticize her on her being racist while agreeing with her opinion that abortion should be legal and accessible in the name of reducing unwanted pain.

Just like a pro lifer who thinks Trump is racist can criticize Trump for being racist, while still supporting him because he wants to reduce abortion access.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheUnderdog
I know you think Margaret Sanger is a white supremist. 
What do you think?
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Greyparrot
I think she was racist and so was pretty much every white American person of her time.

People should be judged by the standards of their time and culture, not ours.  Otherwise, Lincoln was a bad president.  Yeah; he freed the slaves, but he wanted to deport people to Africa just because they were black and for most of his life, he supported the confederacy's right to have slaves.

People are a product of their time.

I am anti abortion choice, but this would be constant whether Margaret Sanger was racist or not.  Just like if I believed Lila Rose was racist, I would criticize her racism, but I would loosely agree with her on abortion.