Are tattoos a response to a dislike of skin tone/color?

Author: Mall

Total: 32
Mall
Debates: 336
Mall
Best.Korea
Debates: 271
Best.Korea
I dont like tattoos. How would I know?
blamonkey
Debates: 24
blamonkey
-->
@Mall
Neo-Nazis get tattoos. I don't think it's because they hate their skin color.

https://sites.uab.edu/humanrights/2021/04/02/uncovering-hate-revealing-not-so-secret-hate-symbols/
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@Mall
No, Tatoos have been popular on and off and various locations for at least 5000 years, they are an art form of self-expression that has nothing to do with skin tone/color. 

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@blamonkey
Neo-Nazis get tattoos. I don't think it's because they hate their skin color.
You gotta appreciate how they think white is the perfect skin color, but then they decide to paint it in different color by getting tattoos. I guess they didnt think it was perfect in appearance.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Mall
Just another indicator of the Yin and Yang of the human condition.

Stupid Clever.
Mall
Mall
-->
@blamonkey
They color their "white" skin as a sign of love for pure "white" skin, is that right?

By this example, just further solidifies that "racism" and or "white" supremacy doesn't make sense, has never made sense, never will make any sense.
Mall
Mall
-->
@Sidewalker
If you like your skin color the way it is, would you add color to it?

If you like the color of your car, house or even a painting you painted, the colors you liked as is enough the way it was knowing that adding a color or more would change what you like, would you want another color or more added?

I can understand people being neutral on skin color so it makes the decision easy to alter it. Same way with hair.
Mall
Mall
-->
@zedvictor4
Would you further elaborate your point on the relevance of yin and yang?
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Mall
I'm sure that you are aware of the concept.

One is dependant upon the other.

Clever and stupid is just the way it is.
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@Mall
If you like your skin color the way it is, would you add color to it?
I don't think decorating your skin is a matter of not liking your skin color at all.  My daughter in law has a sleeve, do you think she liked the color of her skin on one arm, but not the other?  
If you like the color of your car, house or even a painting you painted, the colors you liked as is enough the way it was knowing that adding a color or more would change what you like, would you want another color or more added?
Lots of people who love the color of their car get racing stripes, people who paint their house a favorite color will use a different color for trim, someone paints a painting that only puts their favorite color on a canvas is not much of a painter.  Do you think women use makeup because they don't like their skin color?  
I can understand people being neutral on skin color so it makes the decision easy to alter it. Same way with hair.
I can't understand thinking about skin color in that way, I don't think women put bows in their hair because they don't like the color of their hair. I just think you have an unusual way of thinking about it.
Mall
Mall
-->
@Sidewalker
"I don't think decorating your skin is a matter of not liking your skin color at all.  My daughter in law has a sleeve, do you think she liked the color of her skin on one arm, but not the other?  "

I can't say without actually knowing the person, speaking to the person and asking the person directly why they do this specifically, why they do that.

For me, if we're talking about clothing, clothing does not permanently change or physically alter my skin color. So if I'm a person that adores my skin color, this would be something that wouldn't bother me. 

"Lots of people who love the color of their car get racing stripes, people who paint their house a favorite color will use a different color for trim, someone paints a painting that only puts their favorite color on a canvas is not much of a painter. Do you think women use makeup because they don't like their skin color?  "

You're just proving the point in all your examples. Color is not added needlessly.

"I can't understand thinking about skin color in that way, I don't think women put bows in their hair because they don't like the color of their hair. I just think you have an unusual way of thinking about it."

It is true that I don't think in a box. Thinking conventionally, you limit yourself from going in depth of important intricate details that will be missed.

Again, I asked about changing the color of the skin. Covering it up versus actually changing it are two different things. Otherwise people that are proud of their skin color would be against wearing clothes. 

Those that are called white supremacists know their supremacy is intact regardless of what clothes they wear. Many of them wore red sheets, white sheets, black night hawk sheets and robes. 

It's when their skin is altered. That's why they'd be against so called race mixing. They know to keep their color intact because that's all it takes to function in a society, being seen in a society that will favor or privilege them based upon it. This is what I mean by thinking in depth at a deeper level.

If you haven't given much thought to something, you're not going to understand these things right away or they won't come to mind right away. Just slow down, stop, think about it, look at it from a different perspective than the conventional one.

Mall
Mall
-->
@Best.Korea
Please review all this communication back and forth and let me know if you get it?

You made a good point on the neo-nazi subject.

"I don't think decorating your skin is a matter of not liking your skin color at all.  My daughter in law has a sleeve, do you think she liked the color of her skin on one arm, but not the other?  "

I can't say without actually knowing the person, speaking to the person and asking the person directly why they do this specifically, why they do that.

For me, if we're talking about clothing, clothing does not permanently change or physically alter my skin color. So if I'm a person that adores my skin color, this would be something that wouldn't bother me. 

"Lots of people who love the color of their car get racing stripes, people who paint their house a favorite color will use a different color for trim, someone paints a painting that only puts their favorite color on a canvas is not much of a painter. Do you think women use makeup because they don't like their skin color?  "

You're just proving the point in all your examples. Color is not added needlessly.

"I can't understand thinking about skin color in that way, I don't think women put bows in their hair because they don't like the color of their hair. I just think you have an unusual way of thinking about it."

It is true that I don't think in a box. Thinking conventionally, you limit yourself from going in depth of important intricate details that will be missed.

Again, I asked about changing the color of the skin. Covering it up versus actually changing it are two different things. Otherwise people that are proud of their skin color would be against wearing clothes. 

Those that are called white supremacists know their supremacy is intact regardless of what clothes they wear. Many of them wore red sheets, white sheets, black night hawk sheets and robes. 

It's when their skin is altered. That's why they'd be against so called race mixing. They know to keep their color intact because that's all it takes to function in a society, being seen in a society that will favor or privilege them based upon it. This is what I mean by thinking in depth at a deeper level.

If you haven't given much thought to something, you're not going to understand these things right away or they won't come to mind right away. Just slow down, stop, think about it, look at it from a different perspective than the conventional one.

Mall
Mall
-->
@zedvictor4
I am not. That's why I asked to please explain it.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Mall
A Chinese philosophy, reasoning that everything is in balance due to the effects of opposites.

Whereby opposites are therefore mutually necessary .

Positive and Negative.

Clever and Stupid.

Etc.

Etc.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Mall
Tattoo doesnt really compare to clothes. Clothes are worn because you have to wear them and they are much easier to take off and are taken off much more often.
sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
The only thing I know about tattoos, especially tattoos that cant be covered up, is that they limit employment opportunities and potential relationships. Your freedom of expression has consequences. You know, just like your speech.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Mall
As long as we define perfect as that which doesnt need to be changed by the person, any intentional change in skin color would make the original skin color unperfect from the point of view of the one who changes it.
Mall
Mall
-->
@zedvictor4
So in order for people to be clever they have to be stupid too to appeal to yin and yang. Is that right?

I see how yin and yang works with good and evil , male and female.

Never looked at stupidity along with intelligence in one instance.
Sam_Flynn
Sam_Flynn
-->
@Mall
No, it's body art.

I was against it for so long in my life, but, getting older, I wanted something on my body that everyone would understand (that I served). 

So, I got my first tattoo on my left shoulder that if very similar to this: HERE 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Mall
Well.

Intelligence is an evolved ability.

All appropriately functioning human beings will possess intelligence.

How one applies their intellectual ability will vary.

Cleverly or stupidly.
Mall
Mall
-->
@Sam_Flynn
Why were you against it?
Sam_Flynn
Sam_Flynn
-->
@Mall
Initially the stigma that only bad people got them. Meaning drug addicts, biker gangs, criminal gang members, criminals in general, and other mental basket cases (like those who have to cover their entire body as they alter their appearance to look like a dragon, cat, or some other stupid sick shit). Other main reason, employability. Same goes for other body modifications. Nose rings, pierced lip, etc. Just shit that isn't professional at all. 
Mall
Mall
-->
@Sam_Flynn
How do you feel about your skin color?

Are you neutral towards it?

Did you ever have any pride about it?
Sam_Flynn
Sam_Flynn
-->
@Mall
How do you feel about your skin color?
What kind of a question is that where this topic is concerned? 
I feel nothing about it. I am who I am, and my skin color is what it is. 
I've never dwelled on it. Never thought about it. 
Other than the discrimination I've witnessed and experienced because of it by ignorant and illiterate dumb fucks suffering from some form of a victimhood mentality.

Are you neutral towards it?
I don't give it no mind at all. 

Did you ever have any pride about it?
No. Skin color is arbitrary. My character and personal achievements are all that matter.

Mall
Mall
-->
@Sam_Flynn
My point your neutral on it so you color it up.

Thanks.
Sam_Flynn
Sam_Flynn
-->
@Mall
"I don't give it no mind at all. " = I don't care for, against, or nor am I in the middle (neutral). I pay it no mind because skin color has no bearing on my life and how I live it. I merely chose to get a tattoo because I am proud of my military service, but mostly being Airborne, which many people are to chicken shit to do. 
Mall
Mall
-->
@Sam_Flynn
You have to pay it some mind because you had it in MIND to mark it up .
Sam_Flynn
Sam_Flynn
-->
@Mall
Not the skin color, which has nothing to do with getting a tattoo. It's about design, color, placement and taste. 
No one can see it, except my wife. Short sleeve shirts keep it covered. 
Mall
Mall
-->
@Sam_Flynn
If I was to get a tattoo what would come to mind is the design like you said. Then I think about where that ink is going to go. 

It's going on my colored skin. I know I have skin with a color, I've seen it. So of course the image of the skin comes to mind. It's how what is decided of what looks good on it in combination with the selected ink art.