I havent eaten much for 8 days. I can kinda understand why people develop anorexia.

Author: Best.Korea

Total: 17
Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
Before 8-9 days, I got sick and couldnt eat for first few days. I ended up eating about 300-400 calories per day since then. Now, I did lose weight, which is good because I am overweight.

But what I also noticed is that my depression didnt appear even once since then. Of course, it was collerated with lack of masturbation, so maybe that had some effect too.

Now, I heard stories before that anorexic people choose to eat much less food because it feels good. For them, its not just about getting skinny, but also about curing depression.

I did watch Eugenia Cooney's videos on youtube. She is extremely skinny and people judge her. I figured that she doesnt do it just for views, but because not eating feels good after some time.
IlDiavolo
Debates: 0
IlDiavolo
Anorexia is a complete different mental illness, it has to do with self perception, it's not about feeling good.

Did you think about going to the doctor? Maybe your problem has to do with a metabolic disorder that triggers your depression. It's known that a problem with the thyroid can cause that kind of symptoms. 
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
I have practiced long fasts as well. The first 2-3 days is torture, but what happens after is pretty cool. Lots of energy and focus. You can make it last longer by drinking salt and acids (thin broth, lemon water).

In the end though it hurts and that focus becomes hard to use on anything but food. Better than trying to eat 5lb of kale every day but very hard to pull off while you have constant responsibilities.

If you watch the food network after five days of fasting you'll think it's the most amazing TV ever.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@IlDiavolo
it has to do with self perception, it's not about feeling good.
I am pretty sure that feeling good helps.

Did you think about going to the doctor?
The only time I went to the doctor was to get covid shot. I avoid doctors because they are not really capable people.

Maybe your problem has to do with a metabolic disorder that triggers your depression.
Well, it could be that, could be masturbation.

It's known that a problem with the thyroid can cause that kind of symptoms
I dont really care what causes it. I care more about how to stop it.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
The first 2-3 days is torture
For me, it wasnt torture because I got food poisoning at the start and couldnt eat anyway. Then after I was able to eat, I chose not to so I recover from illness. Then it started feeling good, so I figured I want it to last for a few more days.

You can make it last longer by drinking salt and acids (thin broth, lemon water).
I drink mostly vitamins and milk and coffee.

If you watch the food network after five days of fasting you'll think it's the most amazing TV ever.
Yes, I do have the urge to just eat a bunch of food, but I really dont want to exit this yet.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Best.Korea

Did you know that Buddha used to survive only on a single rice grain each day for a long period of time? 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@FLRW
I know its possible to survive for long on very little food. There are ways to reduce calorie needs. 

Sleeping more means you burn less calories, since people burn less calories when they sleep. Drinking less water means you burn less calories, as body burns calories to heat water you drink.

Drinking less water and drinking in smaller amounts per drink also means your body needs less energy to heat water you drink.

Eating once a day burns less calories. Reducing calorie intake reduces the amount of calories you burn. Not breathing fast or deep reduces calories you burn.

Lack of masturbation also reduces amount of calories you burn. Delaying pooping/pooping less often lowers calories you burn.

So when you reduce calories you burn, you need less calories and therefore less food.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Best.Korea
The vehicle is communicating with the onboard computer.

And the onboard computer is trying to fix the problem.

Don't overthink...Will cause further stress.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@zedvictor4
This is not the first time I read something about "the overthink" from you. It reminds me of Buddha who suggests to clear one's mind up.

Are you into Buddhism, meditation, mindfulmness or something of that sort, Victor?
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@IlDiavolo
Buddhism not so much, because I think that ritual is somewhat counterintuitive.

As can be meditation, if practiced ritualistically. 

So if you like, I try to apply mental activity judiciously and appropriately...Which just seems to be something that has naturally developed as I have go older.

Maybe it's a lot to do with hormonal activity...Though I think that formative conditioning also plays a part.

I don't think that today's technologically driven over-expectation is particularly helpful in terms of mindfulness.

Mind full of too much, maybe?

In fact I just concluded that the term mindfulness comes loaded with contradiction.

I would suggest that it is better to find contentment.

Sort of minimal input minimal output, relative to circumstance and achievability of expectation.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Best.Korea
Hope that you're appetite is recovering.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@zedvictor4
Well, I still eat about 400-500 calories a day.

Its not that I cant eat, its just that at this point it feels good not to.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Best.Korea
Be guided by what your body tells you.

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
@Best.Korea
Few years back strange thing happened when ever I ate. It hurt in throat and all the way the digestive process including out the exit hole, so I basically { mostly } did not eat for 5 or 6 days.

Finally, a person told me to try stewing cabbage for 20 or 30 minutes so it was very soft.  I tried that, and it was the first time no pain discomfort in eating processes. So for next day or so that is all I ate was well stewed cabbage.

That was the most strangest thing that ever happened to my whole eating process, and I nor anyone had any ideas as to what would cause such an issue, in every part of the eating, digesting and exiting process. Weird.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
Glutamine.
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@Best.Korea
But what I also noticed is that my depression didnt appear even once since then. Of course, it was collerated with lack of masturbation, so maybe that had some effect too.
Well, lets see, you won't masturbate to adults; masturbating to kids (which you would want to do) is illegal and it's better for your sake if you don't do it, because the law is not on your side.

Maybe buy a jerk off machine and just use that to get your nut out.

Or do pushups.  Pushups help me be tougher and more disciplined.

89 days later

RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@Best.Korea
I've encountered some odd people online in the last 30 years, and I don't know if the observation I'm about to make is a reflection of my age in a younger crowd or if it's something to do with y'all, but I think you're the oddest bunch of posters I've ever come across. You seem brighter than the usual but odd little tits as well. I think I could get used to that.