Here is why giving money to poor people is better than giving them free healthcare

Author: Best.Korea

Total: 3
Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
There are three types of free healthcare:
1. Private payed by government.
2. State owned 
3. Private payed by the poor with money provided by government which doesnt include obligation to spend on healthcare

Lets examine these 3, and why only 3 works well.

In case of 1, what happens is that private doctors know that government will pay any expense for the poor people, so private doctors do lots of unnecessary procedures and examinations on poor people,

essentially wasting resources and causing overcrowded healthcare system.

In case of 2, doctors get lazy. State-employed doctors often care much less since they dont make profit from helping patients.

In case of 3, poor people would be able to choose if doctor gets the money and which doctor gets money. They get to choose which examinations to have and which not.

So it seems that case 1 is the worst, case 2 is only slightly better, and case 3 is poor people spending money according to own interest, which is most optimal.

Of course, how to implement 3 is a bit more of a question. Do poor people get free income? Do they get money if they get sick?

Its a question because not all poor people have same healthcare requirements. Some have much more healthcare needs than others.

I am thinking that government should have a group which examines the cases, and sends money accordingly.

What must be noted is that almost every system of free stuff is open to either abuse either not being effective enough.

Technically, giving poor people 500$ per month would help them a lot, but it wouldnt help much in cases of severe illness which takes more than 500$ to treat.

I dont support universal basic income, since I dont see the point in giving money to both rich and poor equally.

Technically, you are only supposed to give money to the poor or poor unemployed, but not in enough amount to make it preferable to be unemployed.

So I am guessing poor people should be getting 500$ per month. Thats 6000$ per year, which is about 180 billions in total for US. 

Its not a significant cost per year, where universal basic income would be much higher (1,8 trillions).
Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
I went with estimation that there are 30 million poor people in USA.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Best.Korea
Why not just bite the bullet and shoot useless people.

Bend the head forwards, gun in the nape of the neck.

Bang.

All problems resolved.

Bullets nowhere near as expensive as a triple heart bypass, or a greedy surgeon.