What is a woman?

Author: TheUnderdog

Total: 38
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@Double_R
 I am generally fine with government technology that allows them to "spy" on us to a reasonable extent provided it makes us safer.
The patriot act is backed by the majority in both parties(Americans Generally Comfortable With Patriot Act (gallup.com)).  Although if Trump said we need to spy on American households and keep the Patriot Act, right wing media called it fighting terrorism, left wing media called it racist for singling out people of color; if all of that happened, I believe your mind would change on the issue.

What conservative belief(s) do you have?
Can't think of very many.
Is it, "Can't think of very many.", or is it, "Nothing.  The left is always correct."?  Part of me thinks it's the ladder.

Some traditions conservatives do not want to support:
  1. Roe V Wade
  2. The progressive income tax
  3. Trump is not a traditional president

The GOP isn't consistent either with being pro status quo.
You're confusing ideology and political party.
Political parties should have an ideology, otherwise it's an arbitrary combination of ideas (which is fine for a genuine independent to have, but automatically following the GOP 100% of the time is being a sheep).
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@TheUnderdog
if all of that happened, I believe your mind would change on the issue.
Do you have any other useless predictions on what I would believe that you'd rather share as opposed to just asking me what I think?

Is it, "Can't think of very many.", or is it, "Nothing.  The left is always correct."?  Part of me thinks it's the ladder.
Spoke too soon.

TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Double_R
if all of that happened, I believe your mind would change on the issue.
Do you have any other useless predictions on what I would believe that you'd rather share as opposed to just asking me what I think?
I don't think it's useless; it's how low IQ people are (low IQ as anyone that is in the bottom 90% of the country or so by intelligence).  So average; basically.  Not gifted; mediocre.

Spoke too soon.
What do you mean?
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@TheUnderdog
I don't think it's useless; it's how low IQ people are
Agreed, only a Lowe IQ person would think telling others what they believe it's a great way to have a productive conversation

Spoke too soon.
What do you mean?
I saw that the useless presumptions of how I think instead of just asking me continue
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Double_R
I don't think it's useless; it's how low IQ people are
Agreed, only a Lowe IQ person would think telling others what they believe it's a great way to have a productive conversation
It's easy to pick up on patterns.  If someone has this bumper sticker:

It's safe to say they also believe in this:

Double_R
Double_R
-->
@TheUnderdog
As a generalization, yes of course. But when you are having conversation with an individual, and especially when the point that individual has been making to you is that you do not have as good of an understanding of alternative viewpoints as you think, anyone who actually cares about a productive dialog would refrain from telling the individual you are talking to how they think or what they would think under certain circumstances.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Double_R
As a generalization, yes of course.

I would say pretty much exclusively.  If they were a pro choice Trump supporter, they would be pro choice, but they wouldn't put a pro choice bumper sticker on their car.  Same thing with a "transwomen are women" believer that likes Trump.

People are afraid to challenge their team.

If I have a car that has many left and right bumper stickers (something like Reparations now, Transwomen are women, Pro life, End the Mandates), you don't know how I would lean.  I respect that combination (even though I don't agree 100%).

But when you are having conversation with an individual, and especially when the point that individual has been making to you is that you do not have as good of an understanding of alternative viewpoints as you think, anyone who actually cares about a productive dialog would refrain from telling the individual you are talking to how they think or what they would think under certain circumstances.
That I get.  But people on the internet are different.  Normies that I meet on the street aren't as likely to be partisan hacks as internet people (I'd say about 50% are partisan hacks for one party or the other).
buttmaggot15
buttmaggot15
I know it when I see it