Trump doesn't actually want border security

Author: Double_R

Total: 12
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
In yet another example of how Trump cares about nothing more than what's best for Donald Trump, a deal to improve the situation at the southern border is possibly dead after Trump ordered his subordinates in Congress to not "give Joe Biden a win".

Will this affect how anyone supporting Trump thinks about him? How will MAGA spin this in their journey of self delusion into arguing that it's because Trump is figuring for them?

Best.Korea
Debates: 270
Best.Korea
The main goal of republicans, who are now almost completely commanded by Trump, is to block Biden as much as possible.

Even if decision is good for the country, if it is made by Biden, then for republicans it would be preferable to block it to prevent Biden from taking credit.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
A reasonable person would think that nobody is stopping Democrats from making their Ukraine war a separate issue. If Democrats wanted to really screw over Republicans, they could introduce a standalone bill to secure the border and then blame Republicans for actually not caring about the border. But everyone that isn't a partisan hack knows full well this is all scripted theatrical TV wrestling where the lobbies have already decided the outcome of this match.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
Irrelevant. This isn't about screwing over republicans, it's about making a deal that's best for the country which will probably not happen simply because Trump doesn't want it to.

The crazy thing here is, I believe almost everyone in Congress except a small extreme handful really want this deal. Democrats by and large recognize that the southern border is a real issue that really needs to be addressed, but many feel like their base will punish them if they look like they're helping republicans. I think the same is true of most republicans who recognize that we cannot allow Putin to just seize Ukraine, but don't want to upset their base either. So this is a very rare opportunity to make real progress on real issues while giving each side something to tout as well as a defense against the extreme elements of the party.

But because of one man, who is actively demonstrating that our political system is in his mind not about what's best for us but what's best for him, the deal may not happen at all. That is absolutely remarkable, but what's worse is that the people screaming the loudest about wanting border security will once again invent an alternative reality to avoid having to deal with it.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
it's about making a deal that's best for the country 

If Democrats were for border security, then no deal would have to be made. Personally, I hope a few more million illegals get bussed into New York, because sometimes pain is the only teacher. Then, perhaps the traditional rooting for the scripted fake fight in DC will lose the appeal it currently has with partisan hacks in this country. It kinda already has as there are more independent voters (40%) than partisan hacks in either scripted party (30%). 
Best.Korea
Debates: 270
Best.Korea
-->
@Greyparrot
Didnt you claim that illegal immigrants vote for democrats?

And now you say you want more illegal immigrants so you would prove some point?

So you want democrats to win elections again?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
who recognize that we cannot allow Putin to just seize Ukraine,
Putin doesn't have Ukraine. He has the Donbas. If you want to send 100 more billion to attempt to retake the Donbas, then be honest and say that is what it is for. Also be honest and tell the people that Ukraine forces have no chance at taking back the Donbas because they don't have enough people or the will to lose half their population over the Donbas. Be honest and say Ukraine's current oligarchy has no problem accepting money with few strings attached.

Americans post 9/11 are used to funding wars that they cannot win, and it wouldn't be hard to convince them to support the current funding of the Donbas war even as the territory lines never change, just as long as the money flows freely. It feels good in the cockles of the heart to think it might make a difference in some alternate reality. Much like giving a street corner beggar pocket change thinking it will reshape his entire life. Ignorance is bliss.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Best.Korea
Illegal aliens are already replacing the Democrat party in New York and Chicago. It's going to be a brand new party where Americans are no longer needed for majority support. I support this great replacement. Americans have demonstrated that they are far too irresponsible.

FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW

As a Christian Republican, I don't want poor staving people coming into my country. However, foreign sex workers coming in on Einstein visa's is OK.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Exhibit A for why Americans should be replaced :)
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
I hope a few more million illegals get bussed into New York, because sometimes pain is the only teacher. Then, perhaps the traditional rooting for the scripted fake fight in DC will lose the appeal it currently has with partisan hacks in this country.
Right... "I hope [thing that I'm against] keeps happening to teach my political advasaries a lesson"

Says the guy who hates partisan hacks...

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
The best way to destroy a political hack is to give them exactly what they want.