A man convicted of defaming an ordinary citizen about raping that same person…

Author: IwantRooseveltagain

Read-only
Total: 418
IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
…has been ordered to pay that woman nearly 100 million dollars in two different trials.

This is the nominee of the Republican Party to run for President of our country.

Republicans are morons.
Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
And Trump is the most moral person Christians could come up with to represent them?
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Best.Korea
Today’s Christians have no integrity 
Sam_Flynn
Sam_Flynn
He was NEVER going to get a fair trial.
NEVER!
Jury nullification against him. 
Fucking pathetic. 
Total miscarriage of justice. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
"Former US president Donald Trump has been ordered to pay more than $US83 million ($127 million) to a New York writer he sexually abused and defamed, in a potential blow to his campaign for re-election.

Three days after his decisive victory in the New Hampshire primaries, a civil jury in Manhattan has ordered the former US president to pay damages to E. Jean Carroll, who claims he attacked her in the lingerie dressing room of a Manhattan department store in the mid-1990s."

"Trump has consistently denied the claims, even though a civil jury found him liable for the battery and defamation during a separate trial last year.

Carroll, 80, clutched her lawyers’ hands and smiled as the seven-man, two-woman jury delivered its verdict.

Minutes later, she shared a weepy three-way hug with her attorneys."

"She declined to comment as she left the Manhattan federal courthouse, but issued a statement later through a publicist, saying: “This is a great victory for every woman who stands up when she’s been knocked down, and a huge defeat for every bully who has tried to keep a woman down.”

Trump had attended the trial earlier in the day, but left the courthouse a half hour before the verdict was read.

“Absolutely ridiculous!” he said in a statement shortly afterwards. “Our Legal System is out of control, and being used as a Political Weapon.”

The current trial took place only to determine what damages he would have to pay for denigrating Carroll’s reputation, by casting her as a liar and relentlessly attacking her since she went public with her allegations three years ago.

At one point during closing arguments on Friday (local time), the former president abruptly stormed out of the courtroom as Carroll’s legal team was telling jurors he was a liar who thinks “the rules don’t apply to him.”"

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Right LCpl. All the courts in America are rigged.

FLRW
FLRW
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain

A decade before Donald Trump became the Republican nominee for president, he shared candid and lewd views on women that were caught on tape.
“I’m automatically attracted to beautiful women — I just start kissing them, it’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything," he said in the 2005 conversation. "Grab 'em by the pussy."

Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
ITs tHE dEep StatE bahh ha ha
FLRW
FLRW

You can see why one of Trump's college professors said that Trump was the stupidest student he ever had.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@Sam_Flynn
Total miscarriage of justice. 
Right. Jist like both federal trials against him. Just like the Georgia case, just like the NY case, just like the civil fraud trial against him that's already found him guilty, just like the trial against his charity which has already found it to be a fraud, etc. etc. etc. 

It's all a massive conspiracy. He's done nothing wrong at all. Ignore your eyes and ears.
FLRW
FLRW

Evangelist:  Ah luv Trumpf. He like s too rape 13 year ole virgans jest lik God!
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
Ah the left-tribe mind: in which it makes total sense to be simultaneously found not liable for rape but liable for denying that rape occurred.

A: You raped me!
B: No I didn't!
A: Are you calling me a liar punk?
B: Obviously.

Judge: Did A rape B?
zombie jury: No
Judge: Did A lie when she said she was raped?
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Right LCpl. All the courts in America are rigged.
Not just the courts, also the election, the media, the justice department, the FBI...the list goes on and on.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
"On September 6, 2023, Kaplan issued a partial summary judgment in favor of Carroll, ruling that Trump was liable for defaming Carroll via statements he made in 2019.

Kaplan ruled that the jury's verdict in Carroll II "plainly established that Mr. Trump's 2019 statements were false", with the "substantive content" of Trump's defamatory 2022 statement being "identical to the substantive content" of Trump's 2019 statements; in both statements, Trump accused Carroll of "concocting a sexual assault allegation for improper purposes"; since "the jury considered and decided issues that are common to both cases" and concluded that "the sexual assault occurred", this indicated that "Carroll did not lie about it".[162][163] 

As a result, the 2024 trial was expected to primarily focus on determining the amount of additional damages Trump will owe Carroll.[163]"

"Trump's lawyers requested on December 28 that the transcript of his October 2022 deposition be omitted as evidence from the 2024 trial because he might provide new testimony.[172]

On January 4, 2024, Judge Kaplan denied the request as frivolous.[173] 

That morning, Trump posted 31 links on Truth Social (in about as many minutes and without comment) to negative stories and online posts about Carroll, as well as video clips stripped of context to make her statements about sexual assault seem fetishistic.[174] 

On January 6, Trump mocked Carroll at a political rally for not screaming during the "made up" attack.

That night, the judge ruled that Trump's lawyers could not argue before the jury that Trump did not rape Carroll.[175][176]

On January 9, Kaplan further ruled that the defense could not argue about Carroll's choice of lawyer, who was paying her legal fees, her romantic/sexual proclivities, or that Trump did not sexually abuse her or act with actual malice when making disparaging comments about her.[177"

ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Sidewalker
Not just the courts, also the election, the media, the justice department, the FBI...the list goes on and on.
It does, but only in deep blue democrat cities/counties.

ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Best.Korea
That night, the judge ruled that Trump's lawyers could not argue before the jury that Trump did not rape Carroll.
Yep, that's "the rule of law" in left-tribe world.

"So am I allowed to deny that I committed a crime?"
"Uh, no; did you think this was a free country or something? You may make your confession now."

I hope he uses the IRS to audit every single juror, judge, bailiff, and anyone involved in making good on this extortion. Better yet, sue them for defamation in West Virginia. Just ignore all precedent, pretend like evidence is unnecessary. Rules for thee as well as for me you know?
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Ah the left-tribe mind: in which it makes total sense to be simultaneously found not liable for rape but liable for denying that rape occurred.

A: You raped me!
B: No I didn't!
A: Are you calling me a liar punk?
B: Obviously.

Judge: Did A rape B?
Judge: Did A lie when she said she was raped?

Trump loses an election and it's "Nuh uh, he won", a jury finds him guilty and it's "Nuh uh, did not", you guys are a hoot.

Be honest, you are wearing big floppy shoes and a big red Styrofoam nose, right?

I like it when fifty of you climb out of a little bitty car.

LOL
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Sidewalker
a jury finds him guilty
Liable.

Guilty would require, I guess a shred of evidence? But that's pre-Trump thinking on my part. I'm sure guilty verdicts in TDS cities no longer require evidence so long as the defendant is orange.

Be honest, you are wearing big floppy shoes and a big red Styrofoam nose, right?
May as well, it's about as much respect as this so called "nation of laws" deserves.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
a jury finds him guilty
Liable.

Guilty would require, I guess a shred of evidence? But that's pre-Trump thinking on my part. I'm sure guilty verdicts in TDS cities no longer require evidence so long as the defendant is orange.

May as well, it's about as much respect as this so called "nation of laws" deserves.
If I join MAGA, do I get to ride the Unicorns?
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
He did way more than just denying a crime.

He went to present his victim as if she was asking for it and lying about it at the same time.

Also, he made bunch of claims about her which he could not prove.

He was found guilty on sexual abuse and the many verbal attacks he made later against his victim.

And this is all while he had a team of lawyers who know law much better than you and who defended him much better than you would.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
That night, the judge ruled that Trump's lawyers could not argue before the jury that Trump did not rape Carroll.
Yep, that's "the rule of law" in left-tribe world.
Nope, it's the rule of law in a damages portion of a trial, he already lost the portion that found him guilty of rape.

Trump has brought over 3,500 lawsuits, he's currently the defendent in 91 felony charges, you'd think he'd understand the process by now.

E. Jean Carroll is only one of the 27 women who have accused him of sexual assault. 

Do tell, if you were a woman, you'd let Trump just grab your pussy, wouldn't you?
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Best.Korea
He did way more than just denying a crime.
Denying a crime is identical to calling your accuser a liar.

He went to present his victim as if she was asking for it and lying about it at the same time.
I believe he denied the encounter ever took place, but that would be how it would go if someone actually had sex and then tried to claim rape after consenting.

Also, he made bunch of claims about her which he could not prove.
You really don't know much about liable laws do you?

If people had to prove everything they said, then every claim would go to court.

For instance, has anyone proved Trump is a white supremacist?

He was found guilty on sexual abuse and the many verbal attacks he made later against his victim.
He was found guilty of NOTHING. Even if he was these brainwashed joke courts mean nothing. There is no victim. Just an agenda: Get Trump

And this is all while he had a team of lawyers who know law much better than you and who defended him much better than you would.
Doesn't look like it. I would have defended him by sending bullshit letters to the judge while moving any vulnerable assets out of the bandit gang calling itself a state's power. Going and arguing with these people is proceeding from a false premise: That they care about evidence or the law. They're nothing more than angry people with TDS and guns. Flee to friendly territory!

...and I would have charged him less than those lawyers for the advice.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Sidewalker
he already lost the portion that found him guilty of rape.
He was found guilty of NOTHING. Even if he was these brainwashed joke courts mean nothing. There is no victim. Just an agenda: Get Trump

Trump has brought over 3,500 lawsuits, he's currently the defendent in 91 felony charges, you'd think he'd understand the process by now.
You have a point there. Why keep wasting money on lawyers? Ignore these clowns and beef up private security so you don't get assassinated.

E. Jean Carroll is only one of the 27 women who have accused him of sexual assault.
How many does it take? I can accuse you of sexual assault if evidence isn't an issue.

Do tell, if you were a woman, you'd let Trump just grab your pussy, wouldn't you?
Probably under some circumstances. You would probably as well, but you'd lie about it later so you could get 83 million.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
I believe he denied the encounter ever took place, but that would be how it would go if someone actually had sex and then tried to claim rape after consenting.
You misunderstood.

He presented her as a person who has a rape fetish.

Just an agenda: Get Trump
Your Trump already had more rights than almost any other US citizen ever when on trial.

Average US citizen would not only be unable to have best lawyers to defend him and make appeals, but average citizen wouldnt even be able to pay the fine.

I dont think you know much about defamation laws.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Best.Korea
You misunderstood.

He presented her as a person who has a rape fetish.
She gave hints to that herself. I saw the clip where she was cut off on public broadcast before she could explain further.

Just an agenda: Get Trump
Your Trump already had more rights than almost any other US citizen ever when on trial.
"My Trump" He's not mine you can do a DNA test. and no, he has had less because the people going after him don't care about the law, precedent, or evidence.

Average US citizen would not only be unable to have best lawyers to defend him and make appeals, but average citizen wouldnt even be able to pay the fine.
Average US citizen would not have been falsely accused and then found liable without a shred of evidence.

I dont think you know much about defamation laws.
Let's find out. If somebody calls Trump a white supremacist, do they have to prove it lest they be guilty of defamation?

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Average US citizen would not have been falsely accused and then found liable without a shred of evidence.
Every trial has judge or jury. 

They are the ones who decide if the evidence is enough.

If you dislike their opinion, you can make an appeal to a different court.

Thats how trials work.

Your idea of "every trial which involves Trump is a corrupt trial" is just due to your devotion to Trump.

If it was about someone irrelevant to you or a democrat, you would be speaking another story.

She gave hints to that herself.
Really?

So your defense of Trump is that you have same opinion as Trump?

Let's find out. If somebody calls Trump a white supremacist, do they have to prove it lest they be guilty of defamation?
Trump would have to take it to court.

If he did, then the process of proving guilt would happen.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Best.Korea
Every trial has judge or jury. 

They are the ones who decide if the evidence is enough.
They are the ones who were trusted to decide under the social contract as it once existed.

That contract is broken. The trust is gone.

To see that all you need to do is ask the left-tribe to bring their charges in 90% right-tribe jurisdictions (like rural West Virginia)

They don't trust "us", and "we" don't trust "them".

If you dislike their opinion, you can make an appeal to a different court.
Or I can alternate between laughing at them and ignoring them and advise everyone else to do the same.

Your idea of "every trial which involves Trump is a corrupt trial" is just due to your devotion to Trump.
I have no devotion to Trump, and plenty of people with no devotion to Trump see the same thing I do. The reason every trial attacking Trump is corrupt is because every charge against Trump was brought due to TDS and involves either a complete lack of evidence, absurd made up crimes, or interpret ions of laws that would have left every single politician alive just as guilty.

It's definitely not a coincidence.

If it was about someone irrelevant to you or a democrat, you would be speaking another story.
The only thing that makes Trump relevant to me is that they are doing this to him.

I can't speak to other people because I have not been observing the circumstances around them as closely. I have seen the law abused beyond breaking to try and attack Trump.

If they do it to others that changes nothing. They're still the bad guys and need to be stopped.

She gave hints to that herself.
Really?
Yes. A lot of people have that fetish, it's not that surprising.

So your defense of Trump is that you have same opinion as Trump?
I don't need to defend Trump. Speculating about other people's sexual preferences is protected speech and the fact that there is some basis for it means the actual malice burden could never be met (in a real court).

Trump would have to take it to court.
If Trump sued would the accuser have the burden of proof?

ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty

"I think most people think of rape as being sexy. Think of the fantasies." - Jean Carroll June 25 2019

Poor Anderson Cooper.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@Best.Korea
If ADreamOfLiberty asks you to smell his lapel flower, don't do it, it's actually a squirt gun.
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
"Manhattan jury". That's all I need to hear. What a joke of a trial.