Something I noticed with Christians

Author: TheUnderdog

Total: 66
RoderickSpode
Debates: 0
RoderickSpode
-->
@TheUnderdog
For a Christian to commit suicide would be like an Olympic athlete bowing out of the games. Except a lot worse.

YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Mall
Is that it?
For salvation?
Yes.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Benjamin
"Go and attack the Amalekites and completely destroy everything they have. Don't leave a thing; kill all the men, women, children, and babies;
If it was a complete genocide, why did the Amalekites show up later in the Bible?
Also, I think it was justified to kill a people who were literally putting newborn babies on sizzling hot iron sacrifice idols and were involved in Pagan practices of the evil kind. 

But they show up later, so by definition, it wasn't a genocide. 

• God killed all the firstborn in Egypt
  • God killed everyone on earth except for Noah
  • God destroyed Sodoma and Gamorah
  • God ordered the genocide of Jerico and a hundred other cities in the book of Joshua
  • God led foreign kingdoms to invade and genocide on Israeli soil 
  • GOD DID NOT PROTECT HIS PEOPLE FROM THE HOLOCAUST; so that had to be part of his plan aswell
1. Not a genocide.
2. Everyone was demon possessed in the world. It was justified. They were beyond saving. 
3. Not a genocide. The people still existed.
4. Jerico was a city of the Canaanites. They still existed after Jerico. 
5. No he didn't.
6. Did God command that?

My point is that a christian is going to heaven regardles of suicide or not. Therfore, they are not commiting suicide in order to get to heaven, they are taking suicide to escape life on earth. 
In order to be a Christian, you have to have faith in Jesus's Sacrifice.
Jesus's Sacrifice was for the purpose so that you could live both on earth, and eternally.
Killing yourself is taking your faith off of Gods sacrifice for life, and on to yourself for your plan to get pleasure or escape from the world God created for you. 

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@TheUnderdog
I don't believe I will ever have true faith in anything in the afterlife.  What if you are wrong?  What if there is nothing?  It's a gamble.  The next time you think you have faith in God, if there is a plane on fire that you are on and it's very high up in the sky, celebrate, because according to you, you are about to go to heaven.
What if I'm wrong?
Then I seize to exist.
I don't suffer.
I just die.

But the real question is, what if your wrong?
Thats the real question.

But I would be having faith that I get to go to heaven.  God's looking out for me, isn't he?
Having faith includes having faith in God's plan. God's plan involves your life. Because your life is the bridge to lead others to God. 
So, it is a selfish act to commit suicide, and God's plan isn't selfish. 

You don't know what God's plan is.
To live and to prosper. 

His plan could have had me commit suicide
No. It doesn't. 

Then what sins does God pay for?
All of them. Every last one of them. Except Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. 
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@Tradesecret
If people know they are going to die in a plane crash, there are going to be lots of different responses. That's what happened on the Titanic. And it has happened in lots of other examples of impending tragedy as well.  It is not incredibly unlikely for many people. And celebration is going to look differently in each situation. I doubt that many will pick up a glass of champagne. But some will be incredibly calm. And this is true. Others who have no clue will obviously be freaking out. 

I think common sense indicates the opposite.

If however you are in a relationship with Christ, you won't want to commit suicide. 
Why not?

A person who is in a relationship with Christ has already had their sins forgiven, past, present, and future. Yet if you have rejected Christ, you actually stop yourself from the possibility of forgiveness if you kill yourself before you repent. 
So then repent, accept Jesus for insurance's sake, and then commit suicide to go to heaven.

I don't know if murdering someone is worse that suicide. 
Is rape worse than mastrabation?  Obviously.

Murder and rape you do to others without their consent.  Suicide and masturbation you do to yourself with your consent.

How can something be in God's plan and not his will?
I explained that above. 
I didn't understand the message.

It would also be a gamble to not put my trust in Hades that he will spare me from the underworld and so I can join Zeus at Olympia, or take a gamble and sacrifice myself (or commit suicide) so I don't end up in Xibalba.
It would actually be a gamble to put your trust in Hades. No one has ever historically tried to find Hades, or Zeus for that matter. No one thinks that they historically lived.
The ancient Greeks believed that Zeus was a real God that lived on the earth.
Mall
Debates: 340
Mall
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Is this something you've been told or taught?
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Mall
After studying the Gospels, it's clear that the Gospels of Mathew, Mark, Luke, and John, show that Jesus taught that exact doctrine. 
Mall
Mall
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
So you've been taught about those books and no other book.
You know I find when reading the scriptures, you'll find the salvation of God all through out.
As one scripture says which isn't found in any of the books you mentioned, all scripture is good for doctrine.
No wonder why .
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
You must:  [.................................................................]

Have true Faith in Christ, in order to live the life, you were called to live according to his purpose.

How do you define "true faith"?  

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Mall
So you've been taught about those books and no other book.
No. I think in my opinion, (for me coming from an atheist background, and then searching for truth, because I can't accept moral relativism) it would be intellectually dishonest to only research and look for 1 person who claimed divinity or revelations from divinity. 

So, I've researched Islam and Muhammeds teachings in the Qur'an. 
I've researched Buddha's teachings in Buddhism.

And I've briefly looked into Hinduism as well.

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Stephen
How do you define "true faith"?  
Faith that goes beyond a simple statement.
Faith that you apply to your life.

Faith that produces works.
Faith that produces good fruit.

Like the fruits of the spirit:
Love 
Joy
Peace
Patience
Kindness 
Goodness
Faithfulness 
Gentleness
Self-Control

Faith that creates a relationship with you and God. 
An intimate spiritual relationship. 
Mall
Mall
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
You only mentioned four books and you said all that is required to be saved/go to heaven was what you said. So that's fine.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
How do you define "true faith"?  
Faith that goes beyond a simple statement.
Faith that you apply to your life.

Faith that produces works.
Faith that produces good fruit.

Like the fruits of the spirit:
Love 
Joy
Peace
Patience
Kindness 
Goodness
Faithfulness 
Gentleness
Self-Control

Faith that creates a relationship with you and God. 
An intimate spiritual relationship. 

So simply converting to Christianity & undergoing the baptism ritual for instance, wouldn't alone make me a  Christian in the "true faith" according to your definition, then?
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
And he collects the $200 for passing GO.  
Nice. 
Nice. 

Hey. 
How many religions into how many religious groups can you join in like
( 2 mins. )

Not meaning to boast or nothing buttttt
I can join allllll the main religions Apart from judo.  
Jewdaisum.
In mere seconds. 
Then i start joining multi denominations. 
Again , in seconds. 

I join em all. 

Like bammmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. 

Being a member of 1000 + religious groups is way betterer then 1  .
Its like .
1000 times better. 

If gods where smart. 
They'd have a "rule" of sorts thats stops you from putting another god like,. shit IDK
 Like Higher then them. 

Id Make it like , one of the main rules.  
A #5 rule maybe. 
Or better. 

Oh. Hang on . 

U Got me. 
VERY WELL PLAYED CHRISTIANS. 
Very well played. 

Thats a Point to you guys right there. 

You knew sneaky little bastards will join a religious group and feel good from it. So they will join a half a dozen more . 

Ya cant and could never have this. 

Introducing.  
The commandment series of rules. 
And a fine series they where. 
The limited number makes em oh so impotantay. 

Why Atheists even follow the 10 comandments. 

Good game.
Good game. 

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
The thing I've noticed about christians is. 
The christian females seem to be very well mannered can i say. 

I mean sure sure they cant do, ( half as much ? ) 
That a male christian can do buttttttttt. 
But.
But.

Fffffffff 
Arhhghhhhh
Don't do it deb. 
drop it. 
Don't start. 
' deep breaths ' 
In through the nose and out through the mouth.  

Rant diverted. 

' cough '
' spits' 

Now Where was i. 
O yeah.

The female christians seem nice. 

Can i say that? 

Imagine having a full set of religious wives.  
Mmmmm. 

Actually , im gunna pass..

PASS.

Mr.BrotherDThomas
Mr.BrotherDThomas
-->
@Stephen

Stephen,

WELL, what time is it AGAIN?  Yes, Miss Tradesecret shows this Religion Forum in how blatantly BIBLE STUPID SHE IS AGAIN!

MISS TRADESECRET’S QUOTE PROVING ONCE AGAIN IN HOW OUTRIGHT BIBLE STUPID SHE TRULY IS:  “I don't think God wants people to commit suicide. I am pretty sure the Bible is opposed to unlawful killing.

Miss Tradesecret “doesn’t think” Jesus as God wants His HEBREW creation to commit suicide? HUH?  She doesn’t know for sure within the scriptures where Jesus commands His creation NOT to commit suicide, which  only shows Miss Tradesecret is the continued #1 BIBLE STUPID FOOL of this Religion Forum! 

Here, let me “easily school” Miss Tradesecret AGAIN for the umpteenth time within this esteemed Religion Forum, where she has absolutely no business in being here in the first place because of being so GOD DAMNED BIBLE DUMB!

JESUS’ INSPIRED WORDS WHERE A HEBREW CHRISTIAN IS NOT TO COMMIT SUICIDE:

1. “If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him. For God's temple is holy, and you are that temple. (1 Corinthians 3:17)

2. "Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body." (1 Corinthians 6:19-20) 

3.Be not overly wicked, neither be a fool. Why should you die before your time?” Ecclesiastes 7:17)

4. “By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and obey his commandments.” (1 John 5:2)

HEADS UP, if our Jesus as God gave us a severe case of cancer, because He is in control of everything (Psalm 19:21, Proverbs 16.23), and in the end the cancer was terrible unbearable pain, then it is up to the Christian to withstand this horrific pain in the name of Jesus as God because we cannot preempt the ways of our Lords path for us! “My times are in your hands” (Psalm 31:15)

MEMBERSHIP: I am truly sorry that Miss Tradesecret continues to show her blatant Bible Stupidity, and more so, that you actually listen to her in the first place as if she is telling the truth all the time, NOT!

THE NEXT "BIBLE DUNCE LIKE MISS TRADESECRET" THAT DOESN’T TRULY KNOW THE BIBLE LIKE SHE THINKS SHE DOES, WILL BE ….? 

Mr.BrotherDThomas
Mr.BrotherDThomas
-->
@Stephen

Stephen,

It never ends in Miss Tradesecret's Bible Stupidity, does it?  

MISS TRADESECRETS QUOTE SHOWING THAT JESUS REALLY DIDN’T TOTALLY DIE FOR OUR SINS:  “Christianity is not about having faith, true or otherwise in the afterlife. It is about having faith in the historical fact that Jesus Christ died and rose again from the dead.“

With myself as a TRUE CHRISTIAN, I have had to accept the following in doing the simple math in Jesus did not stay dead after His 3 day tomb nap, as in a true sacrifice shown elsewhere within the Bible where said sacrifices remained dead, and where U.S. soldiers died and stayed dead in defending the United States in a TRUE SACRFICE, then Jesus rationally didn’t save any Christians from their sins because He had to die forever as a TRUE Sacrifice to use the term “Jesus truly died for your sins!”

SACRIFICE: “an act of offering to a deity something precious especially the killing of a victim on an altar; something offered in sacrifice. The destruction or surrender of something for the sake of something else; something given up or lost”

The bottom line for a TRUE SACRIFICE, in saving Christians from their sins and to have eternal life, is for Jesus to have REMAINED DEAD and not come back to life as a zombie scaring the bejesus out of His disciples!  2+2=4!

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mr.BrotherDThomas
Indeed. Ever the clown is Tradesecret, Brother D.

9 days later

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Stephen
So simply converting to Christianity & undergoing the baptism ritual for instance, wouldn't alone make me a  Christian in the "true faith" according to your definition, then?
Depends on what you mean by converting to Christianity.

The Baptism ritual is simply a representation, and not a requirement for salvation. 

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Mall
You only mentioned four books and you said all that is required to be saved/go to heaven was what you said. So that's fine.
The four gospels are the story from eyewitnesses of Jesus Christ. 
They are Jesus's direct teachings. 
Those are the 4 main books.

But you can't understand the context of the gospels without reading the Old Testament. 
And you can't understand God's influence in building a church without reading the epistles and the rest of the New Testament. 

So read the Bible for context. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Depends on what you mean by converting to Christianity.

I think it depends on what the church means by converting. Which is more your territory that mine.
So, do you have an answer for me?

Mall
Mall
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
All scripture is given and profitable for doctrine, training in righteousness according to the new testament.
Mall
Mall
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
"The Baptism ritual is simply a representation, and not a requirement for salvation. "

Actually baptism according to the Bible is required for salvation. I can think of two passages off hand that teaches that . One is in one of the gospels that Jesus said himself if not mistaken.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Mall
Baptism is a ritual.

Is all one needs to say.

Though in the interests of accuracy, one could add.

Load of nonsense.
Mall
Mall
-->
@zedvictor4
A ritual for what?
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Mall
Club membership.
Mall
Mall
-->
@zedvictor4
"Club membership."

So I'm taking this as your perception. I keep forgetting some people are not necessarily well versed biblically.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Mall
Explaining "ritual".

Is a different ball game to learning to recite a book verbatim.

And I  obviously perceive.

Which describes the input, consequent assessment, and maybe output of data.

Nonetheless.

Christianity is a religious club and certain associated  rituals are established methods of confirming a persons membership.

Other religious clubs have other rituals.
Mall
Mall
-->
@zedvictor4
Christianity and the teachings of the Bible can actually be separated.

So I can see it being a ritual in Christianity. But it's something different, baptism, in the Bible.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Mall
For sure.

The majority of the "The Bible" pre-dates Christianity.

So let's say that ritual baptism was a long standing tradition, latterly adopted by the Christian club.