Would you support government printing money to subsidize buisnesses?

Author: Best.Korea

Total: 9
Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
I am curious, would anyone support the government action of giving printed money to all buisnesses?

So any buisness which earns more than certain amount of money and employs more than certain amount of workers would gain additional money from the government.

Would you agree with this system?

And what amount of money would you agree that buisnesses receive?

Should it be more money to bigger buisnesses, or same for all, or per employed workers?
ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
No.

The only conceivable scenario of printing money that isn't theft is as absolutely uniform injection as possible. This can be achieved by a "reverse sales tax" in which a small percentage of each sale is paid for with newly minted money.
Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
The only conceivable scenario of printing money that isn't theft
Well, by your standards, taxes are theft too.

So, I am curious, how does a state exist without taxes and without printing money?

Voluntary donations?

This can be achieved by a "reverse sales tax" in which a small percentage of each sale is paid for with newly minted money
A fine idea.

Unrelated to the topic, but how do you feel about printed money used as universal basic income?
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Best.Korea
The only conceivable scenario of printing money that isn't theft
Well, by your standards, taxes are theft too.
Correct.

So, I am curious, how does a state exist without taxes and without printing money?
Without taxes? Fee schedules and donations.

Without printing money? Well let's me more precise:
Without minting of any kind:
1) You just have to accept deflation. (and you're still wrong about that being some kind of inevitable catastrophe)
2) You can have an algorithm that allows barter without a central currency, although getting the details of that algorithm perfect such that there are no vulnerabilities for thieves may not be feasible

Without fiat currency?
1) Mint new coins from a limited selection of rare resources which. Selecting rare and useful resources would help protect against too much "striking it rich", for instance gold is pretty useful; not as useful as the price implies but still. Tungsten is as well and probably will stay useful for a very very long time. Deal with any inflation or deflation as it comes.

2) Use a cryptocurrency with a money supply that increases with the scale of transactions and hope (it's a well informed hope) that the size of the economy scales with the number of transactions.

Voluntary donations?
Where appropriate, such charitable government actions.

Unrelated to the topic, but how do you feel about printed money used as universal basic income?
Bad, well it would be a better use than now but only because it's a better way to spend money.

It's better for everyone if the government theft is not constantly throwing off prices and wages.
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@Best.Korea
I am curious, would anyone support the government action of giving printed money to all buisnesses?

So any buisness which earns more than certain amount of money and employs more than certain amount of workers would gain additional money from the government.

Would you agree with this system?

And what amount of money would you agree that buisnesses receive?

Should it be more money to bigger buisnesses, or same for all, or per employed workers?
That is effectively exactly what Trump's friends and family tax cut did, it gave money to all businesses, the bigger the business, the more they got.

In the process, he added 8.4 Trillion dollars to the national debt (although he campaigned saying he would reduce the debt). 

Businesses were given the money, and the people got the debt.

sadolite
sadolite
I don't support govt doing anything to help anyone, I have seen the results every time it does.
DavidAZZ
DavidAZZ
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
@Best.Korea
The government should not print a single more dollar for businesses, for other countries or for our country.  Printing money will dilute the dollar, therefore helping increasing inflation.

Not the banks
Not the automobile manufacturers
Not the oil companies
Not the businesses that are "too big to fail"
NOTHING

To go to a tax free society in one day would be disastrous, but I think the income tax, Medicare and social security should either be greatly reduced or removed altogether.  We need create a society where people are responsible for their actions not rely on the government to take care of them, but take their future into their own hands and not the hands of the slimy government.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@DavidAZZ
But ending subsidies would also end a lot of corruption. How will Congress afford all those houses?
DavidAZZ
DavidAZZ
-->
@Greyparrot
But ending subsidies would also end a lot of corruption. 
Oh! I forgot that is how everyone in DC gets rich.  Silly and cold-hearted me.
 How will Congress afford all those houses?
Hmmm . . . How about get a real job and do it well, just like everyone else who can afford a house in America?