Why do smart things sound stupid to stupid people?

Author: Best.Korea

Total: 11
Best.Korea
Debates: 270
Best.Korea
A lot of the times I was in conversation with someone, any time I used logic they clearly dont understand, they looked at me as if I was stupid.

Now, obviously, this creates the question:

And if smart things indeed sound stupid to stupid people,

Is it possible that things which sound stupid to me could actually be smart and I just dont understand them?
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@Best.Korea

Small brains and therefore reduced neuronal connections?
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Best.Korea

Maybe because they live alone and have never been with a woman or a man?
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Best.Korea

Dang nabbit! It has to be because they are downright morons!
Best.Korea
Debates: 270
Best.Korea
-->
@FLRW
Small brains and therefore reduced neuronal connections?
Well, yes.

Computers cant start programs which demand more working memory than they have.
Mall
Debates: 336
Mall
-->
@Best.Korea
Very possible and true for yourself.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Best.Korea

Is it possible that things which sound stupid to me could actually be smart and I just dont understand them?
  No
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@Best.Korea
This is always a possibility. Rarely will you ever find a stupid person who is aware of his/her own limitations because it often takes the same abilities to understand the world as it does to understand one's own limitations, see Dunning-Kruger.

That's why I believe the important thing is not to focus so much in substance of various argument but moreso on the process of figuring things out, like learning about logical fallacies and critical thinking. We also rely on the input of others to help ourselves look in the mirror. As long as you are open to being wrong you are far more likely to get things right.
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@Best.Korea
There seems to be a phenomenon in online discussion, especially about politics and religion, where people think if they say something very stupid about a subject matter it makes the subject matter look stupid, but of course it doesn't, it only makes the person who said the stupid thing look stupid.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Best.Korea
Ongoing conditioning.

When you first began using DebateArt, you were certainly a tad moronic.

Exposure to superior intellects has broadened your own intellect considerably, making you now one of our top contributors. 
Godblessus
Debates: 1
Godblessus
-->
@Best.Korea
Yes there is an absolute possibility that smart things can sound stupid to you, however just because a Premise is true doesn't make its conclusion true,

P1 a -> c1 b is possible
alongside others
p2 b -> c2 a

And you can apply that logic to a mendel graph

So yeah x can say a y thing and think they are z thing while other people think that they are actually f thing

A lot of the times I was in conversation with someone, any time I used logic they clearly dont understand, they looked at me as if I was stupid.

Premise from anecdote can't be used to qualify the future conclusion (even if it is correct) without other grounds

Now, obviously, this creates the question:
*Nothing is always obvious

*Therefore I do not have to agree with you question as reasonable yet

I'm definitely grasping at straws here but doesn't your premise beg the question because it had no proof, isn't it ad-hominin becuase it attacks a persons characteristic of stupid rather than their arguements? 

And if smart things indeed sound stupid to stupid people,
Definitely begging the question, also anecdote, also a qualitative fallacy
Yes  all things are possible until you define reality.
If you don't have tangible division you can't learn, this accounts for the learning process which is itself tangible division of forms

I think your argument was just a relaxed conversation, so don't take yourself too seriously and relax, they wouldn't be praising you if you weren't doing something right.

Any desire to assert yourself as smart or intellectual should be met with proofs!!!!

Hazzahha

Off to go be a redundant pain in the ass somewhere else!