Author: TheUnderdog

Total: 53
Deb-8-a-bull
Debates: 0
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@WyIted
Hey hi boss. 

Yeah i was midd post before right,  and someone. 

Im not sure who it was,
but someone

( excuse me ,  one second please  )
' Google search '  meaning of  spreadicly its sporadically.
It means , unreg intevals.

Hey .
Big Ted
Now what was i saying again.
Oh thats right.  

Some SMART ASS PIECE OF SHIT. 
Sporadically. Interveiws .
I mean  Intervened

Oh
(  Sorry excuse me fo a sec. ) 

Google Meaning of interv. Yes that it.
' cursing like Muttley  ' 

Its spelt , Intervened  
And the meaning is .  Ok so that will work . 

Wilt?
Buddy 
Are you there ? 
Yeah Sorry bout that.  Im  so busy over here. 
Arrrr. 

Long and short .
I got interviend, 
Is Intervened  on .
I mean At
I got intervened at
And it was done in sporadic fasion. 
I mean . Nature. 
It was done with a sporadicall nature 

So yeah .  
Sorry im flustered.  

I was inerviened sporadically.

You know what im getting at right. 

Now you are not going to just sit there and watch someone 
' scrolls up ' 

Ted? 
Yeah
Your not going to just sit there and watch me get sporadically interviened on . 
Are you? 

Well are you ? 

The incedent i talk about isss.
Someone said ,and i state (  whips are just sticks with rope on one end.) 

Now I wanna know the name and adress of this user.

I am not kidding. 
Now. 

Im sick to death of getting
' scrolls back up ' 
Sporadically intervened on all the time. 

I suggest you all pull your heads in. 
I mean. 
This aint no cattle train. 

Mall
Debates: 340
Mall
-->
@TheUnderdog
Oh you can consent to being a slave. Those that didn't consent took route to the north and underground railroad.

When you're obligated to pay something in order to live , that is bondage or enslavement. 

Just because you don't have physical shackles and chains on doesn't mean your free. Many are not free mentally.
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@Mall
If you consent, then either you are a volunteer or an employee.
Mall
Mall
-->
@TheUnderdog
The contradictions are in the minds of people that don't understand scripture. 
Mall
Mall
-->
@TheUnderdog
Slaves do consent yes .
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Mall
The contradictions are in the minds of people that don't understand scripture. 
Well then how does the bible make sense?

Slaves do consent yes .
If slaves consented, would you then support Confederate slavery?  After all, the slaves on the plantation consented; they were volunteers according to your logic.

If you don't deny support of the confederacy and slavery in 24 hours, then you will be assumed to be a closet slavery supporter.
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@Mall
The bible actually teaches we all are enslaved one way or the other.
I take it by that statement that you DIDN'T read my post very thoroughly. 

Let me repeat my last sentence for you.

"Also when it comes to the Bible, Christians teach, that EVERYONE is a slave.  There are no exceptions. We are either a slave to sin. Or we are a slave to righteousness. 
There is no other option. "

Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@TheUnderdog
There are many OT passages that regulate slavery.
Regulating slavery is a subset of keeping slavery legal.
I suppose it could be perceived that way. On the other hand, it might also be recognising that abolishing it wasn't going to happen until the world started following Christ and that therefore it is better to put into place fair and just regulations than simply having a free for all. 

Well, in two ways.  The first way was by way of war.  When Israel defended itself or attacked another people group, sometimes, the enemy was captured and not killed. These then became slaves.  Better to have them under your control than let them go to attack you again.  
Capturing an enemy is mass kidnapping.  War is mass murder.
Again. I suppose you could put that spin on it if you want to.  In my view, Israel was primarily defending itself in wars. The primary time that they attacked other places was when they were attempting to take the promised land.  I can't recall that they were a nation ever really trying to expand past those particular boarders.  But I could be wrong.   Having said that, the rules of war that we understand under the Geneva Convention didn't apply then. The enemies of Israel wanted to wipe Israel of the map. 

The second way was by way of selling yourself as a bondservant or as an indentured slave. This was the cultural equivalence of taking out a loan. Israelites could sell themselves off in order to take out a loan. 
For me, the issue is not a consenting adult choosing to sell themselves; the issue is if they have kids, then those kids become slaves through no fault of their own.  If you have $3 billion more of debt and you die and you have a kid, your kid should not be forced to take on your debt.  This is the argument BLM uses with reparations and I don't agree with it.  I hold Christianity to the same standard.
Under the Jewish law, kids were not retained as slaves.  Kids did not have to take on their parent's debt. Go and read what the Bible ACTUALLY says about slavery and its regulations. 

Of course, in the NT, it was primarily the Romans and the Greeks who had slaves.  There are very few races of people in the history of the world who never had slaves.  
Did God put an end to any of it?  No; so he endorsed it if he had the power to stop it and refused.

He didn't put an end to whites in the South owning slaves; he didn't put an end to Africans in Africa owning slaves.

God supports slavery and it was America and the Northern Republican party that ended it in the US.  The South's justification for slavery was the bible said it was ok.
Let's just be clear here.  Humans never put an end to it. It was God's view on equality that John Locke took up in his egalitarian position that Witherspoon the politicians got hold of. And arguing that God didn't stop it is simply a weak argument.  It's a rejection of human responsibility. It's pathetic. 

Also when it comes to the Bible, Christians teach, that EVERYONE is a slave.  There are no exceptions. We are either a slave to sin. Or we are a slave to righteousness. 
There is no other option.  
So doing what you want if you aren't harming anyone else significantly or doing what a pro slavery God wants even if it does harm someone else significantly?  Decision made.
It's slavery to sin or slavery to righteousness.   Sin always hurts someone else. There are no exceptions. God is not pro-slavery.  He is   pro- logic. 
 The Bible was written pre - separation of church and state. It was written pre - STATE owns us. It was written in a time when people owned their own bodies and could do with their own bodies whatever they wanted too.  You might prefer the STATE own you. Good for you. 

TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Tradesecret
On the other hand, it might also be recognising that abolishing it wasn't going to happen until the world started following Christ and that therefore it is better to put into place fair and just regulations than simply having a free for all. 
Jesus was pro slavery and it's how the confederacy justified slavery.

The enemies of Israel wanted to wipe Israel of the map. 
Muslims: Want the South Levant.

Israeli Jews: Want a place where they can have religious freedom.

Me: Why can't the Israeli Jews move to the US where they aren't getting bombed by Gaza?  You both benefit under this.  Israeli Jews are more likely to know English than Canadians.

Under the Jewish law, kids were not retained as slaves.  Kids did not have to take on their parent's debt. 
Really?  That was something that happened?  Seems surprising.  If one is owned by someone else, then that would apply to their kids as well.

Sin always hurts someone else. There are no exceptions. 
How would a Hindu worshipping a Cow hurt someone else significantly?  That violates the 1st commandment I think.
Mall
Mall
-->
@Tradesecret
"The Bible is neither pro-slavery nor anti-slavery. "

Then this statement you made should be retracted.

11 days later

Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@TheUnderdog
On the other hand, it might also be recognising that abolishing it wasn't going to happen until the world started following Christ and that therefore it is better to put into place fair and just regulations than simply having a free for all. 
Jesus was pro slavery and it's how the confederacy justified slavery.
I think that is a misunderstanding of the culture Jesus lived in and the one we live in. In Jesus' time, slavery was normal. It was before the UNHRC was set up and it was still in a time when people still believed they owned their own body and had all the normal rights of ownership.  Jesus never condoned slavery. The confederacy is an American issue. It is not an Australian issue.  They justified slavery in America for all sorts of reasons. Many Christians indeed justified it too. That doesn't make it right. Or them right.  

The enemies of Israel wanted to wipe Israel of the map. 
Muslims: Want the South Levant.

Israeli Jews: Want a place where they can have religious freedom.

Me: Why can't the Israeli Jews move to the US where they aren't getting bombed by Gaza?  You both benefit under this.  Israeli Jews are more likely to know English than Canadians.
I think people should be allowed to live in any country they want to live. I think we should get rid of passports and visa. But people should be allowed to live anywhere without the fear of getting blown up. In America, you might not get bombed, more likely to get shot. 

Under the Jewish law, kids were not retained as slaves.  Kids did not have to take on their parent's debt. 
Really?  That was something that happened?  Seems surprising.  If one is owned by someone else, then that would apply to their kids as well.
Surprising in other countries, perhaps, but the other countries didn't have the same rules as Israel. 

Sin always hurts someone else. There are no exceptions. 
How would a Hindu worshipping a Cow hurt someone else significantly?  That violates the 1st commandment I think.
Simple really in India. Same as the rats. In India, a place where there is much starvation. Cows run free in the streets and are forbidden to be eaten. And the rats eat up to 1/3 of the food that comes into the ports.  Worshiping cows and rats literally hurts millions of other people. 

Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Mall
Which one?
TheBrotherDThomas
TheBrotherDThomas
-->
@Stephen

Stephen,

Why is Miss Tradesecret still within this esteemed Religion Forum in continuing to make a  BIBLE FOOL of herself again?

MISS TRADESECRET'S MISGUIDED QUOTE ONCE AGAIN!:  "Jesus never condoned slavery."

HUH?  WTF!  MISS TRADESECRET embarrasses herself AGAIN where none other than Jesus as God stated the following relative to SLAVERY where He most certainly condoned it by having SLAVES BEATEN!

"And that servant who knew his master’s will, and did not prepare himself or do according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes." (Luke 12:47-48)

When are the moderators going to crack down on outright BIBLE STUPID pseudo-christians like Miss Tradesecret? ENOUGH!

Hero_In_Instatute
Debates: 9
Hero_In_Instatute
-->
@TheBrotherDThomas
everyone here is more cultured on the bible than u, quit now while u still have the chance before u embarrass yourself
TheBrotherDThomas
TheBrotherDThomas
-->
@Hero_In_Instatute

Hero_In_Instatute,

Show me your assumed biblical astuteness and show that my that my post #43 is not biblically TRUE!  Understood BIBLE FOOL?

BEGIN: 

Hero_In_Instatute
Debates: 9
Hero_In_Instatute
-->
@TheBrotherDThomas
do u ever say anything new or do u always recite the same lines from the same boring script
you're a broken record
TheBrotherDThomas
TheBrotherDThomas
-->
@Hero_In_Instatute

Hero_In_Instatute,

Okay, as shown, you could not answer a very simple grade-school question in your feeble post #46, therefore go and hide yourself in embarrassment! LOL!

NEXT DEBATEART FORUM MEMBER THAT WANTS TO MAKE THEMSELVES A FOOL LIKE "HERO_IN_INSTATE" WILL BE ....?

TheBrotherDThomas
TheBrotherDThomas
-->
@Stephen

Stephen,

Where did the BIBE FOOL equal to Miss Tradesecret; "Hero_In_Institute" come from, a Children's Christian Forum?  Is this Bible inept fool trying to surpass Miss Tradesecret's BIBLE STUPIDITY as he had to do by RUNNING AWAY from my post #43?

Looks as though the moderators left out the sign again that says regarding "Hero_In_Institute" whereas: ALL BIBLE INEPT PSEUDO-CHRISTIANS ARE WELCOME TO OUR RELIGION FORUM!

Mall
Mall
-->
@Tradesecret
 Try to quote where we left off to avoid all the back tracking.

"The Bible is neither pro-slavery nor anti-slavery. "

Then this statement you made (it's in quotes above) should be retracted.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@TheBrotherDThomas
Good to see you back Brother D. Did you get shadow banned AGAIN!? You should have a word with Whiteflame.

MISS TRADESECRET'S MISGUIDED QUOTE ONCE AGAIN!:  "Jesus never condoned slavery."

HUH?  WTF!  MISS TRADESECRET embarrasses herself AGAIN where none other than Jesus as God stated the following relative to SLAVERY where He most certainly condoned it by having SLAVES BEATEN!

"And that servant who knew his master’s will, and did not prepare himself or do according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes." (Luke 12:47-48)

And to think that the Reverend  Tradesecret will have us know that he had  "been taught to memories the bible since he was a child". And   tells us that he is "able to read the scriptures many ancient languages.!"

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Hero_In_Instatute
@TheBrotherDThomas
Hero_In_Instatute, wrote @TheBrotherDThomas

do u ever say anything new or do u always recite the same lines from the same boring script
you're a broken record  #46
You have been here ten minutes and have read all of the Brothers posts. Well done! 
Even the highly educated and master of ancient languages the Reverend Tradesecret could beat that achievement.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@TheUnderdog
Tradesecret wrote: @TheUnderdog

I think people should be allowed to live in any country they want to live. I think we should get rid of passports and visa. But people should be allowed to live anywhere without the fear of getting blown up. In America, you might not get bombed, more likely to get shot. #41

Obviously the Reverend Tradesecret hasn't been keeping his eye on what has happened in the UK and all across Europe because of the very beliefs that he obviously supports and holds so dear.

There are none so blind- etc etc
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Tradesecret
In Jesus' time, slavery was normal.
An all powerful God would have changed the time and outlawed slavery unless they supported it.

In America, you might not get bombed, more likely to get shot. 
Technically, but 17K people about died of homicide in the US last year out of 340 million people (so a .02% annual death rate from homicide).  I wouldn't worry about it.

Simple really in India. Same as the rats. In India, a place where there is much starvation. Cows run free in the streets and are forbidden to be eaten. And the rats eat up to 1/3 of the food that comes into the ports.  Worshiping cows and rats literally hurts millions of other people. 
The same starvation happens in Africa; they don't worship cows and rats over there.

Telling an Indian living in India, "You should eat those cows" is like telling a westerner, "You should eat that dog".

It is possible to be Hindu and not be poor enough to where you starve.