How scientific research helps improve life

Author: Best.Korea

Total: 9
Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
I used to have depression coming back every now and then.

I could never figure out what exactly causes it, until I started personal quest where I wrote a lot about what relates to depression.

My first observation was masturbation. 

It seemed that if I dont masturbate for 2 weeks, depression stops and doesnt come back anymore.

However, what builds up is pressure, so it was not an ideal solution.

The next discovery I made was drinking a lot of water at once, about 700 mililiters at once.

It was much better, but from that discovery, I concluded that maybe overeating also reduces depression.

Turns out thats true too. If I eat a lot of food at once, I become happy.

Other discoveries were positive thinking, simple problem solving, one meal per day, learning new things... all which were shown to help with depression.

But my best discovery was pure accident.

I wanted to see how much calories I can reduce daily without losing weight.

It was sort of a test to see how much food I really need.

The test itself also came as an accident, because I got sick and couldnt eat for a few days, and since I didnt feel hunger, I wanted to use the opportunity and for research purposes after that I reduced calories daily to about 1000, then increased to 1200 later.

However, when doing this research, I didnt think it would have effect on the mood and depression.

I couldnt help but notice that my mood greatly improved.

Depression didnt return at all.

To my surprise, reducing calories to about 1200, and eating once or twice a day, seems to work surprisingly well to solve depression.

Even after I controlled for other factors, such as water intake and how often I drink water.

It seems that simply reducing amount of calories alone does great against depression and improves mood significantly.

In research, its really important to write everything down, because thats how you notice causation/relation.

In fact, I dont think much research is possible if I rely on my memory alone.
n8nrgim
Debates: 0
n8nrgim
take everything in moderation. even moderation in moderation. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@n8nrgim
@Best.Korea
Scientific research furthers material progress and therefore social change and greater expectancy.

Social change and greater expectancy are perhaps the most significant influencers of psychological turmoil affecting modern generations.

Moderation is a good coping strategy.

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
@n8nrgim
...' All that exists is moderation/modification of angle and frequency '...Bucky Fuller

All that exists is moderation/modification of angle { \/ angel /\  } and,

frequency  { time of re-occurrence of angle/angel } shorter and longer peak-points of nodal events.

Angle = Meta { beyond }-space degree of spatial seperation  between two  vectorial  /\ median lines-of-relationship.

Frequency = time, motion, vector, action, occupied space as observed { quantzed } physical reality, or as ultra-micro, non-quantised ---ergo Meta { beyond }-physical---  Gravity { contractive } and Dark Energy { expansive }.

.....1......................5p.......7p.....................11p...........13p.Gravity
-
0.................................6.....................................12..........Physical Reality
..................3p................<<<<<<<< 9 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>..Physical Reality
-
............2p........4......................8........10...........................Dark Energy

9 = agent of change { oscillatory fluctuation }  ---of quantum wave  is said to have what led to the Big Bang{ Fred Holey terminology -- because 9 is not nuclear triangular structure in the above pattern. 

Ex whereas 3p is nuclear to triangular set, 1..2p...4 and,

6 is nuclear to triangle set 5p....7p.....8 and,

12 is nuclear to 10...11p....13p.

Thinking is the best way to travel....Moody Blues tune

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
How you doing?
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
How you doing?
Back at work and the total reverse shoulder replacement is doing better than I expected. Doc says expect it to be sore for a year, then it will be better than its been for years.

I do have some issues with fingers going numb in bed some times and when driving holding onto steering wheel. Just wiggle my fingers tips to get numbness to go away.

I cant do the other shoulder yet. Half to wait a year, then my employer would give me half pay again, for 3 months, provided I continue on as full time.  That probably not going to happen. Im getting to worn out.  My friend two years older than me has 50 percent blood leaking backwards in his heart valve and he is going in for surgery thursday.

I have a minor murmur  --at least it was 4 years ago--- and heart surgery would do me in financially even tho, my medicare insurance will pay for most of the operation, there is all these other things I still have to pay some part of. 

The shoulder total was $55,000. and I paid about $1700. So that is great. 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
Shoulder replacement is not something that I have ever come across before.

Hips and knees, but not shoulders.

Will have to research the reverse aspect of the op.

And the heart is an amazing component of an amazing machine.

Keep fit, stay healthy.

Keep making the Medicare payments.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
Keep making the Medicare payments.
Yeah, but the payments go to insurance Advantage plan, and there are many who say, the insurance is taking much of Medicares money.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
Yep, everyone wants their cut.