What is the typical accuracy of someone's personal outlook on life?

Author: Critical-Tim

Total: 4
Critical-Tim
Debates: 3
Critical-Tim
What is the typical accuracy of someone's personal outlook on life? In general, do people overestimate their troubles and more often focus on the negative, do they accurately estimate their satisfaction with their life ahead, or do they underestimate their troubles and focus on the positive? Do people commonly live with a ball of emotional dissatisfaction that they ignore so they can be happier, or is it more common that people live comfortably in the moment? Are the differences in these perspectives largely dependent on a person's philosophy and the culture of their childhood?
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
Do not know, do not care.

It is so unhealthy that we think the word 'normal' or 'typical' is even close to a compliment. You're a freak of nature and so am I. You do you, I do me. You have your struggles, I have mine.

We are united in this reality but not united in that your agony and pleasure aren't mine (unless we're very intimate or enemies).

I don't compare my situation to anyone's anymore and I have become so much stronger due to it. I am me, whether weak, pathetic and depressed or happy, strong, wealthy and with the (woman or even women) and children of my dreams.

I focus on being the best edition of my that today allows and slowly work towards the best me tomorrow can enable. It's that simple. Step by step to the best me and then the morgue.

I will never be the fucker in a retirement home sulking and dull, never. Kill me if I'm just a vegetable. I will be the best me or work towards it.
Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
I think what you learn in childhood usually stays with you.

Well, learning later is also possible.

Its possible to break free from chains which were put on your mind.

Very difficult, but possible.
Amber
Debates: 0
Amber
-->
@Critical-Tim
What is the typical accuracy of someone's personal outlook on life?
Desire for accomplishment in order to give meaning their life. That desire is entirely dependent on their upbringing and education. It determines, their personified experience, what their interests and goals of success are in life. 

In general, do people overestimate their troubles and more often focus on the negative, do they accurately estimate their satisfaction with their life ahead, or do they underestimate their troubles and focus on the positive?
Yes, that is a given. Especially for those with weak constitutions and low self-esteem with little to no support structure. 
They may or may not estimate their satisfaction in life ahead, depending on the results achieved thus far. 

Do people commonly live with a ball of emotional dissatisfaction that they ignore so they can be happier, or is it more common that people live comfortably in the moment?
Depending on the upbringing and education will dictate the answer to this question. 

Are the differences in these perspectives largely dependent on a person's philosophy and the culture of their childhood?
Culture plays a big part, for sure.