What have you learned from Donald Trump?

Author: Mall

Total: 32
Mall
Debates: 336
Mall
What have you gotten and learned from voting for Trump?
Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
Trump was unlucky that covid struck at the time he was president.

Its one thing which ruined 2020 for him.

Kinda like how all these wars which started under Biden now ruin Biden's rule.
ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Mall
That the conspiracy theorists were more right than I gave them credit for.
WyIted
Debates: 11
WyIted
Affordable gas
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Mall
I learned food can be cheap when you allow people to work and you do not pay them to stop working.
sadolite
sadolite
A better question is what do you think I should have learned? From that I will learn more about you than I ever would from Trump. I don't know quite what I would learn from voting for Trump other than how to vote.
WyIted
Debates: 11
WyIted
Actually Trump restored my faith in America. I mean watching election after election where only establishment republicans and democrats were elected with minor differences in important policies made me think the system really is rigged and even when I voted for Trump I thought my vote was wasted. They wouldn't allow him to win. I was shocked that he actually won. Don't get me wrong. It is rigged just not as rigged as I thought. We can see from what he has been facing in court and the media's response to him that it is rigged. However it is possible to still make positive changes even with the entire establishment opposing you.

I even saw how the democratic party succesfully rigged the primaries against Bernie Sanders with hillary winning a suspicious amount of coinflips. I believe about 18 in a row. I actually thought Bernie brave to face off against the machine. I changed my mind when he cucked and endorsed hillary but I thought hillary was set up to win. They rigged it for her against bernie and all signs pointed to a similar rigging against trump. I knew Trump was going to win, when a week before the election you got word that hillary was canceling caterers to her victory party and what not. Unlike the media the pollsters who worked directly for hillary were incredible. Maybe her pollsters were even better than Trump's polsters because even he seemed surprised he won
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Conspiracy theorists are never right.

That is why they are conspiracy theorists.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@zedvictor4
Well except for that time they said Hitler was going to invade east.

Oh and that time they said white supremacist had a secret club where they dress up in white bed sheets and call each other things like "grand cyclops".

Also the time they said the East India Company was getting China hooked on opium on purpose and would use violence to keep it that way.
FishChaser
Debates: 62
FishChaser
-->
@zedvictor4
Conspiracies exist, people can have theories about them. I don't see how a theory about conspiracies is more inherently wrong than a theory about anything else.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
@FishChaser
For sure.

Any instance where two or more people share an agenda which excludes others, could theoretically be regarded as a conspiracy.

Not really what I was alluding to though.

Hitler, White supremacists and the opium trade are not very good examples of baseless imagination.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@zedvictor4
Hitler, White supremacists and the opium trade are not very good examples of baseless imagination.
That didn't stop many, indeed a majority, from claiming those theories were baseless; and that is my point. It is irrational to admit that history has been a fairly long list of continuous conspiracy and then to assume that you live in a time without them.

Now of course there are tides in the scale and deviousness of conspiracies, and I thought I was living in a time of few major conspiracies but I was wrong.
FishChaser
Debates: 62
FishChaser
-->
@zedvictor4
I don't like the term "conspiracy theorist" as it has commonly used because it has programmed the average person to never be suspicious of rich/powerful people. Many people don't even put the "theorist" at the end and say things like "isn't that just a conspiracy" as if the definition of "conspiracy" is "ridiculous thing that obviously isn't true".
Mall
Mall
-->
@Best.Korea
What have you learned from Trump?
Mall
Mall
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
The theorists were right about what?
Mall
Mall
-->
@Greyparrot
I would like to be paid to not work. You normally gotta work to get paid.
Mall
Mall
-->
@sadolite
So you haven't learned anything from Trump.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@zedvictor4

Sometimes, what you think is not true at all. Sometimes it is.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Mall
"So you haven't learned anything from Trump."

No, Not a thing. What should I have learned? And while your at it, tell me what I should have learned from Biden, the current President.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@FishChaser
Yep.

Like I suggested.

People conspire all the time, rich and poor.

Conspiracy-theory tends to mean something slightly different.

More of inferiority/persecution complex, evidenced by a baseless assumption that superior people are out to get you.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Greyparrot
Certainly.

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Mall
What have you learned from Trump?
I learned gish gallop.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@zedvictor4
superior people are out to get you.
Power corrupts absolutely is an axiom, not a baseless theory.

You might want to brush up on your Lord Acton and discard a bit of BBC.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
Truth to be told, Trump is probably best at gish gallop.

I have never seen anyone being able to gish gallop for hours without a break and still be interesting.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@zedvictor4
I cannot accept your canon that we are to judge Pope and King unlike other men, with a favourable presumption that they did no wrong. If there is any presumption it is the other way against holders of power, increasing as the power increases. Historic responsibility has to make up for the want of legal responsibility. Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men, even when they exercise influence and not authority: still more when you superadd the tendency or the certainty of corruption by authority. There is no worse heresy than that the office sanctifies the holder of it. That is the point at which the negation of Catholicism and the negation of Liberalism meet and keep high festival, and the end learns to justify the means. You would hang a man of no position, like Ravaillac; but if what one hears is true, then Elizabeth asked the gaoler to murder Mary, and William III ordered his Scots minister to extirpate a clan. Here are the greater names coupled with the greater crimes. You would spare these criminals, for some mysterious reason. I would hang them, higher than Haman, for reasons of quite obvious justice; still more, still higher, for the sake of historical science.
Mall
Mall
-->
@Best.Korea
Is that all?
Mall
Mall
I don't think anyone mentioned business, making big dollars.

You're in a land and prison of currency. Learn all you can about that.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Greyparrot
Natural hierarchy is such, that power will always take advantage and weakness will always be subordinate.

And amidst the melee of clucking hens, conspiracy upon conspiracy will peck out the order of things.

So we can adjoin the two words, namely conspiracy and theory and inevitably come up with a variety of assumptions.

Though we must always bear in mind that theory remains  theoretical, until such times as it is ceded to the the realms of fact. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
I see you retracted your BBC comment about superior people.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Mall
Is that all?
Yes.

I don't think anyone mentioned business, making big dollars.
You're in a land and prison of currency. Learn all you can about that.
What if I dont want to learn?