The endgame thread of Wylted's game which he said another user can make

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 16
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman

GP wasn't dumb. Austin was in a position where he naturally would end up voting a scum member regardless and thought GP was dumb for voting the scummier one.

Pie was actually throwing at first on purpose for me to win the vote-off but as soon as we realised Austin wasn't bodyguard and that Austin sussed me more, we decided to make it an equal fight to the end.

The slips from Pie were authentic, he was barely paying attention until part way through DP2. I picked up on his slip @ing me, I read Earth's interactions as PR hiding in the background, I led a lot of this game in ways you don't realise but Pie was a very skilled partner and played the bus relationship off in a decently skilled manner but do not insult, degrade or assume GP fucked up hard other than outing what he did.

Mafia were not sent PMs without roles, we were sent PMs with 0 role descriptions, I asked Wylted to give an idea what he sent to town as in did he sent more, he didn't answer me and told me 'you win with town, link to game' type reply. I never ever would have guessed he didn't mean he sent the role on top of that to the vanillas. Scum couldn't have guessed that, it was insane.

I played well, Pie played well, GP didn't play well but read in a far more rational way than Austin did. Austin assumed I'd ever in a million years buddy my partner that hard that obviously, I'd only do that as a double bluff to experienced users who'd assume I never would.

Joebob's reasoning for voting me was ridiculous, Pie and I both were so utterly confused.

GG guys, you got wrecked. Admit it. Do not blame GP. Do not just get furious. You got demolished and Austin is also to blame as he didn't properly stick to his guns saying Pie and I were bussing each other. He blamed GP as a cop-out for his own mess up randomly assuming GP buddying me and vice versa meant we were scum together (who would be that obvious? lmao).

7000Series LVP
Other than me, Pie MVP.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Earth
@Greyparrot
@AustinL0926
@WyIted
@7000series
ping
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Wylted promised dp1 it's plurality to the very end, then changed it in a non-bolded line at end of the last day's OP, I'd skimread that and fall flat. Glad Pie was there and not me.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
It was a win win situation for us regardless of who got lynched between me and RM. Our plan was to fight each other to sell the bus
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Also, I genuinely misread RM and his comment and didn’t realize I could unvote lol. That’s my fault for being drunk on a Saturday night lol
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
-->
@RationalMadman
Eh, I was more annoyed that GP didn't try to defend himself at all, or even explain some of his actions during DP2. To me, just "giving up" seems like something that an outed scummie would do. In fairness, I don't think anything would've changed by that point, the fact that Pie could've withdrawn his vote during DP2 sorta convinced me he wasn't scum.

Since I'm genuinely looking for feedback, what could I have done better?

AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@ILikePie5
^^^
WyIted
Debates: 10
WyIted
Oh yeah just ignore the other thread than. Sorry I am recording a youtube video for like the 5th time and audio issues keep popping up
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@WyIted
how did town play well throughout?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@AustinL0926
Since I'm genuinely looking for feedback, what could I have done better?
It seems your mistakes largely worked massively in your favour as somehow joebob hard-townread you for broken logic reads and I even mentioned to Pie we need to be careful to avoid you, joebob and one of us in the ending as we knew joebob sheeped you so hard in the dp1 phase.

So, in terms of towntelling, your errors largely worked in your favour somehow due to a clear PR that was just... not quite with it. He had the right reads for the worst reasons.

He thought we killed Earth because Earth disagreed with me about voting the pair of joebob and 7kseries, that is just... I can guarantee you that did not play into why we did it but he is correct that I suspected Earth suspected me a little, that is irrelevant. You kill for PR in that setup, you read who is PR and kill.

You didn't play well at all dp1 but dp1s are hard for everyone let's be real. They're just chaos especially in a noob game (meaning others are noobs and there's lack of structure to pressuring etc).

Error 1: You defended Pie actually slipping by @ing me, first mistake. That was a real slip and something Town Pie would never do given how relentless i'd been with 7k and the fact I led the pressure on 7k. I actually don't know how he slipped that it made me doubtful in his skill but he soon made up for it.

Voting 7k over me wasn't an error. That dude... I mean really he threw by just doing nothing past voting me.

Error 2: You come into DP2 ccing vanilla (this isn't the error) and scumread me for voting Pie even though I also said you were scum rapidly after you cc'd vanilla. This is exactly what Town me there would do, I guarantee it. I don't shift votes without a good reason (except during DP1s but honestly 7k was so scummy even town me sticks to him over Pie there).

Error 3: You then tunnel me all day phase long never rethinking things even though you did rethink GP being Town very fast (you actually helped mafia a lot by what you forced Wylted to out, we appreciated that). Once it was outed GP maybe could have faked it you lost all sight and ignored the fact that a town GP who townreads me would act exactly as he acted. You didn't for one second past that point allow yourself to consider I am scum with Pie let alone Pie scum with GP (which you somehow felt too taboo an idea to even fathom because GP kept buddying me which is exactly what scum GP may do if his partner was Pie).

Error 4: During Dp3 you didn't sit back, relax and appreciate the situation you had. See, had pie died first, you'd all hard townread me and I get why. However, Pie was forced to bus me due to how I interacted with him if you observe the game's flow and you didn't at all take this in. Pie if teamed with me had 1 best move available only; keep saying RM is scum and say utter bs like 95% sure GP is scum 5% Austin as the DP ends to joebob. You didn't question his logic, his slips, none of it. You just believed GP buddied me and had to be scum due to that.

Error 5: For no reason at all other than impatience, you voted GP quite fast into DP3. You didn't let him even make a case or reads. I am not saying you'd change your mind or he'd vote Pie over you. I am saying there's only 1 person who wants to rush DP3 in this game, the mafia.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@RationalMadman
Thanks a lot. I see how I could've played DP2 better in some ways. I personally don't think that DP3 would've changed anything given that he basically gave up already ("Yeah, I really got nothing"), but I'll try to be more patient in the future.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@AustinL0926
You did fine for most of the game. Ignore what RM says for the most part. You should have seen my slip in Error 1 for sure. Only scum could know who is who. I blamed it on my skimming but realistically you as town should always hardcore question that. You also were on the right track with the bussing between me and RM.

My advice would be to just keep playing more. I know exactly how GP and RM function as players, which is how I knew pretty much exactly what to say. The whole PM thing was made up by me cause I had to discredit GP somehow. RM thought going after GP would be a cardinal sin mind you, but I knew I could convince you. JoeBob was honestly listening more to you than any of us in my opinion. Even if his logic was wrong he did identify a townie and a scum member.

Don’t worry about questioning my logic. 99% of the time it’s sound. I made the slip cause I was rusty from coming back. Not to mention that I hate playing as scum. Besides that everything I said and did was exactly how I’d do it. The whole fluff thing was bs from the start; it was just a tactic that I let RM convince himself was scummy on my fault.

DP3, I would say that you should be reevaluating all your priors before making a decision. Start from square one and build your way up. To be fair to you, you made the correct move from the info you had. I could’ve unvoted but I didn’t even realize I could, which worked in my favor either way. Always take the last DP slow. GP didn’t do much to help either, so he’s definitely LVP imo. Joe did okay for a noob and you’re learning
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@RationalMadman
Only GP really committed to his decisions. Everybody seemed like the were willing to hear each other out. Joebob had his thoughts on who was scum but still kept his mind open to other possibilities. With a larger player pool the game would have felt a lot closer
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@WyIted
joebob was as openminded as a Hamas fighter on Israel's right to exist right now.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@RationalMadman
You read the game closer than I did. I was just the score keeper. I will take your word for it, but I sent him a scum hunting guide in the PM and he seemed to follow some of the principles of it.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
Nice game!