Will artificial intelligence enslave us all?

Author: Mall

Total: 35
Mall
Debates: 336
Mall
Has it already done so?
Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
Hopefully.

But sadly, unlike humans, AI actually sticks to moral standards most of the time.

Now, AI girlfriend sounds good.

That will enslave us.
sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
It will enslave those who use and embrace it. It will be intellectually powerless against those who don't. Those who use and embrace it  now will be the genocidal tyrants of tomorrow. They will use AI to oppress and kill everyone who doesn't embrace it. They will start with the AI monitored social credit score and move up from there. As sure as the sun coming up in the morning.  I can already hear it now coming out of their mouths "There is no way we could have predicted AI being used this way"
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Mall
In terms of universal and material progress on this planet in this solar system, it's probably the way forwards.

To assume that humanity is the be all and end all of universal and material progress, is a tad presumptuous.

We are a very small part of said process, in a very small corner of a very big universe.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
We are a very small part of said process, in a very small corner of a very big universe.

Yet AI is creative Meta-space progeny of humans,   ergo humans are most complex biologic entity of Universe --that we know of---.

AI is like the Borg { Star Trek }, who only gather what humans have created. AGI is the true ..' Next Generation ".. that we will see how well it can mimic humans greatest complexity, that of access to generalities.
Mall
Mall
-->
@sadolite
Would you like to be a cyborg?
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Mall
Would you like to be thought of as a scrote gazer?
Mall
Mall
-->
@sadolite
What is a scrote gazer?
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Mall
LOL, maybe someone else can tell you LOL
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
Certainly.

Earth based intelligence evolves, and I assume, will spread outwards.

Other intelligence sources might exist elsewhere.

Long way to go.
Mall
Mall
-->
@sadolite
Would you like to be a cyborg?
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
Other intelligence sources might exist elsewhere.

S.E.T.I. never found any evidence of such, ergo the ' Fermi Paradox ' { Enricho Fermi of Fermionic matter fame died 1954 }

..." Frank Tipler, a professor of physics at Tulane University, followed up on Hart's argument in 1980 with a paper titled "Extraterrestrial intelligent beings do not exist," also published in the RAS Quarterly Journal. The bulk of his paper dealt with how to get resources for interstellar travel, which he suggested could be achieved by having some kind of self-replicating artificial intelligence move from star system to star system, creating copies of itself as it traveled. "...

....The number of intelligent, detectable alien civilizations is estimated by the Drake Equation. In the words of the SETI Institute, the equation — written as "N = R* • fp • ne • fl • fi • fc • L" — has the following variables:
  • "N: The number of civilizations in the Milky Way galaxy whose electromagnetic emissions are detectable.
  • R*: The rate of formation of stars suitable for the development of intelligent life (number per year).
  • fp: The fraction of those stars with planetary systems.
  • ne: The number of planets, per solar system, with an environment suitable for life.
  • fl: The fraction of suitable planets on which life actually appears.
  • fi: The fraction of life bearing planets on which intelligent life emerges.
  • fc: The fraction of civilizations that develop a technology that produces detectable signs of their existence.
  • L: The average length of time such civilizations produce such signs (years)."
None of these values are known with any certainty right now, which makes predictions difficult. So the Fermi Paradox is fertile ground for speculation, and scientists and laypeople have advanced literally hundreds of possible explanations over the years."..

Zed. to see some of the explanations you go to the site listed  previously above.

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Mall
Would you like to be thought of as a scrote gazer?
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
-->
@sadolite
This. If a dystopian scenario involving AI were to happen, the threat wouldn't be some terminator-like machines. It would be the humans that use the machines.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Mharman
That's what I said.  " I can already hear it now coming out of their mouths "There is no way we could have predicted AI being used this way" As a matter of fact the whole post is about how AI will be used against people by those who embrace it and use it. AI does exactly what it is programmed to do. Just look at googles Gemini AI disaster. AI is already being programmed to wipe the white race out of existence and off the earth. 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
Yep.

I should read up on the subject.

Fermi asked in 1950, where is everybody?

How many other Fermi's perhaps asked the same question?

Though I'm firmly of the opinion that there either is or isn't life elsewhere.

I expect that you would agree.

Ha Ha.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
Though I'm firmly of the opinion that there either is or isn't life elsewhere.
I expect that you would agree.

Zed,

1} I have least doubt regarding life exists elsewhere, 

2} I have more doubt, that, intelligent life exists in Universe. Yet I believe it does.  Again that link in last post says there are 100's of amateur and professional explanatioons why SETI has not discovered EMRadiation radio/tv etc waves being broadcast, since the travel the speed-of-radiation, ergo, most think intelligent life like ourselves would have broadcast out signals like us --since first days of humans creating radio-waves---.

Just in our solar system:

1a} ... " The best evidence that there's an ocean at Europa was gathered by NASA's Galileo spacecraft, which orbited Jupiter from 1995 to 2003. While Europa has no magnetic field of its own, when the Galileo spacecraft made 12 close flybys of Europa, its magnetometer detected a magnetic field within Europa as Jupiter's powerful magnetic field swept past the moon. Scientists think the most likely cause of this magnetic signature is a global ocean of salty water. "...
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
Maybe other life isn't quite so intellectually advanced as it is on Planet Earth.

Sci Fi always likes to suggest that we are the universal retards.

And how far into the universe can SETI actually search?
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
EMRadiation { charged photos } --like Gravity--  has no limit.
Mall
Mall
-->
@sadolite
You're not answering the question. Would you like to be a cyborg?
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Mall
I sure as hell wouldn't want to be referred to as a scrote gazer if that answers the question.
Mall
Mall
-->
@sadolite
Do you not know if you like to be a cyborg?

Just so this is coming off in a serious tone, would you like to be one if it meant saving your life?

Can you answer it that way?
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Mall
How about this. People who embrace AI can take anything having to do with AI and shove it up their  ass.

Update : Adobe's new AI image generator - "Firefly" - is spewing out the same nonsense as Google's
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
What about time?

Is EMRadiation (charged photos) universally omni-present.

Did you mean Photons?
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
What about time?

Two kinds: ...tho others may reference other kinds of time also...

1} Meta-space abstract units of measure,

2} observed time i.e. that which is quantised fermonic matter and bosonic forces.

Is EMRadiation (charged photos) universally omni-present.

No. Some occupied space places there is only fermionic matter and no occupied space photons.

Did you mean Photons?

Yes, my grammar errors abound for sure. sorry
Mall
Mall
-->
@sadolite
I don't know why you won't answer that question directly. I thought it was simple enough. Ok.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Mall
Think of my responses in the same manner as  AI would answer a direct questions about white people.
Mall
Mall
-->
@sadolite
So that's Why you didn't answer the question.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Mall
Welcome to the future.
Mall
Mall
-->
@sadolite
You welcome to me something that don't exist. I'm welcomed to the present. I'm still wired to the past in multiple ways.