Hitler loved animals?

Author: Best.Korea

Total: 31
Best.Korea
Debates: 270
Best.Korea
"There was widespread support for animal welfare in Nazi Germany[1] (GermanTierschutz im nationalsozialistischen Deutschland) among the country's leadership. Adolf Hitler and his top officials took a variety of measures to ensure animals were protected.[2]

Several Nazis were environmentalists, and species protection and animal welfare were significant issues in the Nazi regime.[3] Heinrich Himmler made an effort to ban the hunting of animals.

[4] Hermann Göring was a professed animal lover and conservationist,[5] who, on instructions from Hitler, committed Germans who violated Nazi animal welfare laws to concentration camps.

In his private diaries, Nazi Propaganda Minister Joseph Goebbels described Hitler as a vegetarian whose hatred of the Jewish religion in large part stemmed from the ethical distinction this faith drew between the value of humans and the value of animals; Goebbels also mentions that Hitler planned to discourage slaughterhouses in the German Reich following the conclusion of World War II.[6]"

As for why Hitler invaded USSR, you can hear Hitler explain it here:

FishChaser
Debates: 63
FishChaser
I believe that people who place too much value on humans while not placing any on animals are evil and just want to convince themselves and others they are good. I find it ridiculous to claim you are a good person when your empathy stops at "human" and you don't care about sentient beings in general.

At the same time though, it isn't uncommon for Sociopaths who hate humans to have a soft spot for animals. I should know, because I'm one of them. Since I was very young I had very low empathy and even fantasized about killing people but I always liked animals for some reason.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@FishChaser
I like animals because they are oppressed, but they need to be free.

I hate humans because of how much pain they cause to everyone else.

It seems that human existence contingents on causing lots of pain.
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
-->
@FishChaser
What you said had some truth until the sociopath part.

Sociopaths and psychopaths alike (they share this tendency) often enough grow up torturing insects and smaller animals because they can get away with it and it gives their sadist impulses a release. This is not necessary to qualify as one but is a very common tendency. The ones who are nastiest to humans often were consistently nasty to non-human animals while growing up even having poisoned or beaten family pets.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@FishChaser
I believe that people who place too much value on humans while not placing any on animals are evil
Those people dont have empathy, they just adapt.

People are most powerful = I need to be accepted by them to survive, so I need to care and agree with them.

Animals are weak = I dont need to care for animals, since caring for them brings me no benefit.

Those people dont really care for humans, its just that they find it useful to pretend they do.

If someone really cares, he would care about animals too, as animals are not different to humans in ability of experiencing pain and happiness.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@RationalMadman
The ones who are nastiest to humans often were consistently nasty to non-human animals while growing up even having poisoned or beaten family pets.
Well, there are many ways one can develop.

1. Like animals, like humans

2. Like animals, hate humans

3. Hate animals, hate humans

4. Hate animals, like humans

The 4 is most common, I think.

RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
-->
@Best.Korea
A sociopath or psychopath, especially a psychopath, does not need to hate you in order to dish out severe pain. They are wired very sadistic by nature.

Unlike a kinky sadist who lacks ASPD, the socio/psychopath doesn't really care about consent and masochism in the party receiving it, they only worry about pain they may receive as a result of doing it.
Mall
Debates: 336
Mall
-->
@Best.Korea
We all love animals. We play with them ,kill them and eat them.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@RationalMadman
A sociopath or psychopath, especially a psychopath, does not need to hate you in order to dish out severe pain. They are wired very sadistic by nature.
Sometimes I like seeing people in pain. Well, I think most people like seeing people in pain.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Mall
We all love animals. We play with them ,kill them and eat them.
I dont think the latter describes all of us.

FishChaser
FishChaser
-->
@RationalMadman
@Mall
@Best.Korea
@RationalMadman
I know that many ASPDs torture animals but that doesn't mean there aren't ones like me who like animals and hate humans. Hitler is an example and another good example is the youtuber Vegan Gains who hates humans and particularly children but loves animals.

@Best.Korea
Most people don't hate animals, they are either indifferent or have double standards. For example "I love my dog but this equally sentient pig exists only to make pork chops"

@Mall
You seem like the type of person who is very nonchalant about any suffering and death that doesn't involve humans, and as such I don't think you have real empathy and are the type of person who just follows a moral code to fit into society.

Mall
Mall
-->
@FishChaser
The individual vegan gains argues for a greater health of humans via veganism so to call that hatred of humans, what would love look like?

A bunch of fast food, junk food, highly processed food.  I guess it is love because people tend to love you, enjoy you indulging in tons of sweets and unhealthy things with them to include drugs and liquor .
Mall
Mall
-->
@Best.Korea
Ok well by proxy. If one person has consumed an animal, particularly the first man, from that man we all have been developed from that regurgitated molecular substance that makes up what we are down to the fatty acids, proteins, water, amino acids and other periodic chart elements.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Mall
Yes. I am the cum of my father and my father is the cum of his father.
FishChaser
FishChaser
-->
@Mall
He believes that Veganism is healthier but his main reason for supporting it is ethics. He has actually argued that even if veganism was less healthy it would be better to be vegan.

Vegan Gains has admitted that he hates people, lacks empathy, literally wants to stomp on babies until they are "nothing but blood and pulp on the fucking pavement".

He also said that he doesn't react to others being in pain like a normal person would, even when it comes to animals. 
ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
What a freakin thread...

It would lead to some important conclusions if people were interested. Hint: The nazis were not sociopaths, they thought they were saving the world.

Delusion, not emotion is the root of evil.
Mall
Mall
-->
@Best.Korea
See, ain't too hard to understand.
Mall
Mall
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Saving is in the eye of the savior.
Mall
Mall
-->
@FishChaser
Name a trait.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Mall
Saving is in the eye of the savior.
If that was true then the nazis were not objectively wrong.

FishChaser
FishChaser
-->
@Mall
I would actually be interested to see if you can "name the trait"

I personally concede that there isn't one and that I eat meat because I don't care enough to go vegan.
Mall
Mall
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
"If that was true then the nazis were not objectively wrong."

The "in the eye" language is subjective just like beauty is in the eye. 

So from a subjective standpoint, people can see themselves as saving something while others see it as senseless destruction in the process.
Mall
Mall
-->
@FishChaser
Simply species and arguing for your own species which I believe people have tried to argue but I noticed they overlap in arguing for separate species as if they're supposed to share the same "moral" agency. Then double standards get flushed out.
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
Literally everyone loves animals.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Mharman
I don't love animals, some are more interesting and friendlier than others, but I don't love any of them. I have pets, not because I love them but because they don't try to kill me and bite me. I would wager if I let them do what they want they would run off and do their own thing.
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
-->
@sadolite
Nahhhhh I think you love your pets more than you think. 

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Mharman
I had my 18 year old cat killed just yesterday. Didn't shed a tear. It suffered from a failing kidney for the last 3 years. No condolences necessary, its was just a cat.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@sadolite
You knew someone for 18 years and you didn't shed a tear? It makes me think you're lying or a sociopath.

Maybe there are a lot of people who are sociopaths to people outside their species. Would explain where all those wretchedly mistreated animal rescues come from.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
You knew someone for 18 years" It was a cat,  not a human being. I have had numerous cats over the years. Didn't cry over those either.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@sadolite
It was a cat,  not a human being.
It's not a boolean. They have emotions. I see only blindness to the obvious, but there is only so much one can say about someone's lack of values and I've said it.