Looking for feedback and criticism.

Author: Benjamin

Total: 9
Benjamin
Debates: 92
Benjamin
I have now become top 4 at the leaderboard. My win/loss ratio is worse than most others in the top 10, because I got bitch slapped in many of my early debates as I was still learning the ropes, and frankly, I had many very untenable opinions back then. Now that I have been here for a while, I feel like I have learned a lot from you guys. But still I am far from perfect. So I am looking for feedback. More specifically, I am looking for negative feedback. Tell me everything bad about me. All the problems you have noticed with how I carry myself in debates and on the forums. I also give you permission to comment on my person as you perceive it, because I think it is important for me to know that. You don't need to force a positive or overly constructive tone, but please be specific enough that I can understand what excactly you don't like about me. I am going to read everything you write without getting defensive. My only goal is to try to learn what my flaws are and try to work on that.
Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
I am number 3 on leaderboard when you count backwards.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
So yeah, I probably shouldnt be giving advice on how to go up on leaderboard, because I really dont know lol
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
I guess I can just repeat what I heard top debaters say:

Convince voters or learn what voters want, because they decide who wins and who loses.
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
Your recent win against me was me taking a high risk topic and Barney pulling out a valid vote against you.

My criticism is firstly that while you aren't a native English speaker, you make consistent spelling errors. If you care about that, fix it.

2 common errors by you:

Words such as genius, saying genious instead.

Words such as helpful, saying helpfull instead.

You also tend to assume that your value system is how voters will see things. You seem to make it work often and win by it but more sneaky debaters who understands kritiks and how to alter the dynamics make you stumble quite a bit. You almost got beaten by best Korea in the Goku debate imo, haven't fully decided who to vote on it.
WyIted
Debates: 10
WyIted
1. You don't actually take the time to understand your opponent's arguments

2. This cause you to not engage with your opponent

I had many very untenable opinions back then
You should be debating devils advocate probably at least 25% of the time anyway. There are also some correct opinions which are very hard to defend in a debate because the chain of logic is very long and supported by obscure theories that take a long time to spell out. Your opi ions don't matter. Go on the way back machine. Adreamofliberty has some disgusting opinions and would destroy you in a debate defending his untenable beliefs. 

My only goal is to try to learn what my flaws are and try to work on that.
I will see if I can vote on one of your debates so I can be more specific in the criticism
WyIted
Debates: 10
WyIted
Ignore the grammar feedback. The point of language is to be understood not to mimic the style of native speakers. I don't use accent marks when I write in Spanish and I don't use word order quite like a Mexican.  

Spelling and grammar points unfairly disadvantage non native speakers. Non native speakers are already disadvantaged enough by not picking up on some colloquialisms and by being pressured to use citations of English sources. 
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@WyIted
If you don't use accents when speaking Spanish, you are terrible at the language.
Benjamin
Debates: 92
Benjamin
-->
@RationalMadman
You almost got beaten by best Korea in the Goku debate imo, haven't fully decided who to vote on it.
To be fair, that guy is a genius.