Jesus on divorce.

Author: Mall

Total: 76
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@Mall
'm glad you agree with my point that these are scriptural ideas . 

Which are different from scriptural teaching, scriptural approval and condemnation.

If I ask show me in the scriptures where divorce is approved by Jesus , you either can show it or you can't. I can show you in scripture where it says it's something God hates.

That and Romans 7 all conflict with that. But in regards to what you think, your personal belief on it, you can believe divorce is justified now, apparently to what you learned in or from a false church assembly I guess.

Not in scripture , oh no.
Romans 7 doesn't conflict with Jesus anyway. The Bible doesn't contradict itself. People reading the Bible wrongly and out of context find all sorts of contradictions all the time.  That is another entirely different subject. 
Mall
Debates: 341
Mall
-->
@zedvictor4
You are a true deflector when it comes to questions . I don't know what you guys are scared of. Y'all need to overcome this. They're just questions.
If you get exposed to be wrong, so be it.
You be alright.
Mall
Mall
-->
@Tradesecret
"If I showed you a spot in the Bible where God HIMSELF divorced Israel, doesn't that demonstrate that it is a valid end to a marriage covenant? And given that I think Jesus is God, wouldn't that be enough? "

NO. . I'm asking to show where in scripture where divorce of a man and woman was approved by Jesus . Something his father HATED by the way. Jesus the Son mind you.

According to the scripture God will destroy body and soul from the second death. But the scripture is not teaching for others to kill putting one another to death because God has taken place to do so and will. 

Doesn't work. Instead of running from what's asked, just concede.
Mall
Mall
-->
@Tradesecret
Of course Romans 7 doesn't conflict as it rejects divorce as Jesus does and has said what was meant from the beginning. 

God is not divorcing the legitimate church so a legitimate wife is not to be divorced from the husband. If there is departing, the only option is reconciliation of the wife to the husband as those that have been reconciled to the Father according to the scriptures that have long departed from him since the garden .
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@Mall
"If I showed you a spot in the Bible where God HIMSELF divorced Israel, doesn't that demonstrate that it is a valid end to a marriage covenant? And given that I think Jesus is God, wouldn't that be enough? "

NO. . I'm asking to show where in scripture where divorce of a man and woman was approved by Jesus . Something his father HATED by the way. Jesus the Son mind you.

According to the scripture God will destroy body and soul from the second death. But the scripture is not teaching for others to kill putting one another to death because God has taken place to do so and will. 

Doesn't work. Instead of running from what's asked, just concede.
Define what "approve" means? Where does the Bible say that God HATES divorce? Are you just making that up? 

It is Biblically valid for a man to divorce his wife and a wife to divorce his wife where the covenant has been broken by adultery.  If something is valid, what does approval mean? Would I say that Jesus liked divorce? Of course not. But would Jesus say that divorce is NEVER an option for valid concerns? No. Death is a divorce. When someone is dead, the marriage is dissolved. That is what divorce means. It means that the marriage has come to an end.  

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Luncheon meat for sure.

What about the bread.

Did he bake.

Though they hadn't invented hot cross buns yet.

Little did he know.
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@Mall
Tradesecret wrote @Mall: If I showed you a spot in the Bible where God HIMSELF divorced Israel, doesn't that demonstrate that it is a valid end to a marriage covenant? #60

I will assume the Reverend Tradesecret is referring to Jeremiah 3 I believe, Mall?
While ignoring the actual question all together; and conflating the spiritual with the  material or physical the Reverend Tradesecret believes he has his "gotcha" moment   Mall.  He just thinks that you are far too stupid to realise it.
And he has the brass neck to accuse everyone else of  "cherry picking and taking verses out of context" ! 🤣

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@zedvictor4
Though they hadn't invented hot cross buns yet.

Can't say that anymore: "hot cross", its "micro aggression".   I believe it  is "very upset buns" now Vic. Or is it  "jolly batey buns"?  I am getting really confused with all this new PC correct language to be honest, Vic.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Stephen
Yes.

Non-binary trans buns with rainbow stripes is the way forwards.

Same great taste without the discriminatory religious symbolism.

Have a nice day Stephen.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Mall
Did Jesus approve of divorce.
How could I know?

I cannot answer an unanswerable question.
Mall
Mall
-->
@zedvictor4
Ok well just say when you can't answer instantly when you can't. Nothing to fear.
Shila
Shila
-->
@Tradesecret
Jesus wasn’t against divorce, he was against marriage. At 33 he remain an unmarried jew. Which was very unusual for his time.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Mall
One attempts to explain ones point of view.

Sort of, exchanging ideas.

Perhaps.

I'm not sure that such behaviour induces fear.
Mall
Mall
-->
@zedvictor4
Explaining your view is one thing.  But when you can't answer a question, just be forthright with that. No pretenses.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mall
  But when you can't answer a question, just be forthright with that. No pretenses.

He was forthright, Mall. HERE>> #70
Mall
Mall
-->
@Stephen
I'm referring to BEFORE HERE>> #70.

There's a whole lot of rigamarole following my initial question first. See, if you're going to jump in this , please follow the context please. A response before this was "it's not important".

That's not forthright. I'm not asking about importance or about as far as we know and homosexuality and all that.

The first response to this topic could of been "I can't answer that".