My support for imperialism in life and politics

Author: Best.Korea

Total: 10
Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
Countries should always try to expand their borders.

In fact, its stupid not to.

All great world powers constantly work to expand their influence far beyond their borders.

What also needs to be understood is that imperialism is actually self-defense in its true form.

Imperialism is different from being defensive in this way:

Imperialism = expand your power, increase the power of your attacks, attack first if necessary, destroy enemy's attacks and destroy enemy completely.

Being defensive = dont attack first, but wait to be attacked, try to stop attacks or dodge attacks or endure attacks and dont destroy enemy completely but just his attacks, and dont expand your power.

We see that being defensive has almost no benefits.

For example, North Korea was being defensive for 75 years, didnt attack anyone. 

Can we say that North Korea is an example of great military success?

Its greatest success came only after it became imperialist again and helped Russia with military supplies.

In return, it got great technology which turned it into a competent military.

All great countries, USA, Russia, Britain, China... have this in common: none are defensive.

In fact, their entire military strategy is based on controlling as much territory as possible.

They are by definition imperialists.

Imperialism is all about attrition, constant attacks, draining enemy, destroying his power and him completely.

There are no benefits to being defensive except maybe couple of people in the world having sympathy for you.

Libya was defensive and NATO countries destroyed it completely.

You can be defensive all you want, but world is a battle arena and imperialists end up being stronger in this arena.

Literally any area of life always rewards imperialism.

From sports to games, to finding girlfriend.

You have greatest chance of having a girlfriend if you ask greatest number of girls until one agrees.

Or you can be defensive and hope she approaches you, but the imperialist guy approaches her and takes her from you.

Imperialism in games is also very obvious.

I play Smite, and basically if you arent willing to make attacks, you are gonna lose every game.

Let me give you example.

In Smite, there are minions in buff camps.

These minions wont attack you first.

However, if you dont attack them, enemy will attack them and take the buff and you will lose advantage.

So not attacking those who dont attack you is stupid gameplay.
baggins
Debates: 4
baggins
Do you play HOI4?
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@baggins
No. Should I?
baggins
baggins
If you’re into grant strategy games probably. I’ve heard its pretty good but haven’t given it a chance yet. 

Also I think only countries with growing populations and need for extra resources should try to extend their borders.  There could be exceptions but that should be the main reason 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@baggins
If you’re into grant strategy games probably.
Eh, I have played some strategy games, but I usually think that most of them suffer from "military first" North Korean policy type of gameplay.

Basically, they often give you a choice to invest more in military or to invest more in economy, and the result is in most cases that the one who invests early in military wins, and the one who tries to be defensive and build economy usually loses because he cannot defend or attack distant points early.

Also, in strategy games where you have economy, just meassure time needed and moves needed to create big military fast before anyone else can, then just capture/destroy whatever is undefended.

Its the strategy I usually use. I sometimes try to focus on economy, but that doesnt work in most games against hard  difficulty.
baggins
baggins
Eh, I have played some strategy games, but I usually think that most of them suffer from "military first" North Korean policy type of gameplay.
Could be the case. I haven’t played enough games to know. I haven’t even played HOI4 I’ve just heard it’s good and Ive been eyeing it. When Ive played strategy games I used to go for more basic and mainstream ones like Age of Empires. HOI is not the same type of strategy game but I still might try it.

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@baggins
When Ive played strategy games I used to go for more basic and mainstream ones like Age of Empires.
I will try HOI4.

I have played Age of Empires too, but I enjoyed Age of mythology more, despite it being the less popular version of Age of Empires.
baggins
baggins
Age of Empires 2, Age of Mythology and Lord of the Rings Battle for Middle Earth 2 are goated for me.

RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
Imperialism has nothing to do with this and if you always fight offensive, you're stupid.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
RM,

Imperialism has nothing to do with this and if you always fight offensive, you're stupid
Thanks, I appreciate the insult coming from the guy who quit site for 5 months because he got triggered by someone.

I dont know why do you want to engage trolls when you know you always lose that war by mere attrition, but I guess you just enjoy being bullied, because you are literally asking for it.