Author: ILikePie5

Read-only
Total: 512
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@Earth
I don't believe Grey can joint win with town.
Any particular reason?
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
I don't really trust scum. I could reread Grey's past games, but I think he does like to side with town if I remember correctly, but still, scum is scum. I would like Grey's character role justification. I skimmed a wiki article and Frank Zhang doesn't have a prophecy, someone else has one ABOUT Frank.
WyIted
Debates: 14
WyIted
agreed that grey cannot joint win. His role is prophet. I assume if things work out, he can even win after he dies
JoeBob
Debates: 3
JoeBob
-->
@Earth
Yea. Hazel(his girlfriend) gets one about him. But where did Frank come from?
Earth
Earth
Shit I can't read. I think Grey said that Frank Zhang was his fake claim. Either way, I want Grey's character and justification.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Earth
He said he was Octavian.

whiteflame
whiteflame
I’d like to understand why people are sussing the “joint win with town” element of his claim. It’s not like it increases the odds he’ll work with either town or scum - he wins either way so long as the game ends in DP5.
JoeBob
JoeBob
 I may be wrong, but I don’t remember any prophecies that were givin to Octavian.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@JoeBob
first result on google with "octavian prohecy" Is

Octavian can interpret the will of the gods by reading the interior of animal entrails, though he uses stuffed animals rather than actual sacrifices.
JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@WyIted
Yes that’s true. But he himself was not givin any prophecies. He gives them to other people, but I don’t remember him getting anything.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@JoeBob
Maybe he is saying the God's will the game on DP5
Earth
Earth
I'll just wait for Greyparrot to explain more about himself and we'll go from there. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@WyIted
inshallah
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Earth
I am a Prophet. Also a Jerk.
JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@Greyparrot
Could you be any more obscure?
Earth
Earth
-->
@Greyparrot
What is your justification?
WyIted
WyIted
GP doesn't give a shit about defending himself. You got what you got and will have to make a decision based on that. IMO
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@WyIted
3rd party gonna 3rd party.... I am also roleplaying a Jerk in protest to pie calling me a jerk in my justification.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Greyparrot
I don’t know how you of all people will be able to role-play a convincing jerk. Lol
JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@Greyparrot
I mean Octavian is a jerk in the books
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Greyparrot
I still don't get why this is the issue WyIted and Earth are taking with GP's claim. It doesn't change anything from a town or scum perspective if he can joint win with them. That being said, I'm not sussing Earth atm, so Unvote

I do have two questions for GP:

1. It's unclear whether you must be alive to win (and all the info I can find about the Prophet role says that varies with the game). What does your role say?

2. At the beginning of the DP, you stated that the game would end in DP5. Were you required to announce that publicly?
Earth
Earth
I am wondering if this game would even last five Days. If town is bad, then I could see this game ending in possibly three.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@whiteflame
I still don't get why this is the issue WyIted and Earth are taking with GP's claim. It doesn't change anything from a town or scum perspective if he can joint win with them.
If it helps I think you may be overthrowing this. I don't care if it is a joint win or not, I would still in principle try to get a win for only one faction out of principle and I think we just have to make sure we are at least in a position to no lynch dp5 so gp doesn't win. 
WyIted
WyIted
Overthinking auto corrects ton overthrowing for som reason
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@WyIted
So you’re thinking ahead to DP5? Seems just a tad premature. Maybe we can wait until at least DP3 to address that?
Earth
Earth
We definitely don't want to try to fuck over Grey from DP1 to make sure he doesn't win. We just gotta hunt down scum and win nbd. 
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
Yeah, I checked online, and Prophet seems to be a really niche role - but I know Pie has a history of doing that in his games, like by choosing Bookie for the Civil War mafia or smth. Personally I buy that he can joint win, since his role isn't based on any particular faction winning
whiteflame
whiteflame
Alright, since GP appears uninterested in engaging with either of my questions, I'll just give my thoughts on his claim so far:

I think he's lying about his role. I'd say it's most likely that he is actually the role he's claiming is his fake claim (or at least something similar): Soldier.

If he was given the role of Prophet as a third party and told he had to publicly state a DP where the game would end, there would be no point in giving him a fake claim, since just claiming a DP would effectively reveal his role regardless of a claim (or at least lock him into a very small set of roles that require that - I'm not sure if there are any others). He could still be a third party or he could be scum. I haven't decided which is more likely yet.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
Can anyone link me to a role description of soldier? I think I saw Speedrace claim it once, forgot what it was though...
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@whiteflame
That's actually some really convincing logic, didn't consider how him publicly stating the DP basically negates any need for a fakeclaim. Need to think about that