Total: 10
Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
I’m not sure. 
WyIted
Debates: 11
WyIted
It flips what it perceives as judeo christian values if you are referring to laVeyan Satanism. So I would say yes just because it measures itself against it. 
n8nrgim
Debates: 0
n8nrgim
It's based on Judeo christian but to call it that is just playing with words. I think there were lots of antagonist figures in the past before chirtianity. There's even religions that look a lot like Christianity before it that skeptics could say its based on
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Reece101
See the book, Children of Lucifer: The Origins of Modern Religious Satanism 
Abstract
Satanism adopts Satan, the Judeo-Christian representative of evil, as an object of veneration. This book explores the historical origins of this extraordinary “antireligion.” While the concept of people worshipping Satan was actually an invention of Christianity to demonize its internal and external competitors, this dark stereotype created by the Church eventually came to be embraced as a positive (anti)religious identity by some in the modern West. Children of Lucifer traces the long and tortuous trajectory to this unique occurrence, a story that involves Romantic poets, radical anarchists, eccentric esotericists, Decadent writers, and schismatic exorcists, among others, culminating in the establishment of the Church of Satan by the carnival entertainer Anton Szandor LaVey. Yet it is more than just a collection of colorful characters and unlikely historical episodes. The emergence of new attitudes to Satan proves to be intimately linked to the Western Revolution, the ideological struggle for emancipation that transformed the West and is epitomized by the American and French Revolutions. It is also closely connected to secularization, that other exceptional historical process during which Western culture spontaneously renounced its traditional gods in order to enter into a self-chosen state of religious indecision. As this study seeks to show, the emergence of Satanism thus presents a shadow history of the evolution of modern civilization as we know it.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Reece101
Well, the origins of Satan are Judeo-Christian.

Though the origins of the good guy bad guy concept are  pretty much globally associated with thinking Man.

Just depends upon how one chooses to cross-reference terminology and ideology.

Whereas Dorks who pretend to worship a specific bad guy type deity, will probably do so if they think that it makes them appear cool.

All more or less underpinned with sexuality relative to age and conditioning.

All falling under the umbrella of human stupidity for a reason.

Perhaps.
rosends
rosends
If you want to say that some sort of worship of a "Satan" character is anything then just call it Christian. Don't drag Judaism into this. In Judaism, Satan is an angel who works for God. There is no notion of Satan's being some opposing force worthy of separate worship.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@rosends
If you want to say that some sort of worship of a "Satan" character is anything then just call it Christian. Don't drag Judaism into this. In Judaism, Satan is an angel who works for God. There is no notion of Satan's being some opposing force worthy of separate worship.

Spot on , Rosie, The bible confirms what A Satan is. But Christians are far too ignorant or stupid to work that out for themselves.

I put this down to Pastors and Chaplains and Priests that promote and have promoted the BS story about "satan".

If we are to go by the Christian belief, then is all those believers have to ask themselves is: who the fk was satan that he believed himself  to be in the position to test the character of the "son of God"?
Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
Bible is complicated as retarded things require very complicated explanations to seem less retarded and confuse the people, for that reason you will rarely see a religion based on something simple, as simple things are easily rejected by reason, where complicated things go above most people's ability to reason and thus trick them.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Best.Korea
Nonsense is simple.

Jesus, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Trouble is, a lot of people are also simple.
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@Reece101
Satan has its roots in Judaism.  

Christianity has taken some of those roots and given them growth. 

I sometimes toy with the idea that Satan is simply an agent of God. 

Yet, the NT also reveals that the Lake of Fire is reserved for Satan and his like-minded allies. 

I don't think I have ever considered Satanism as Judea / Christian.  I would have thought it was a rival religion.  I am not sure that the teachings of Satanism are based very deeply on the Scriptures. Certainly, lots of their doctrines and practices are derived elsewhere, possibly in pagan culture. 

Interesting fun fact. Karl Marx was a student of Satanism.