Hitler explains why he invaded Russia

Author: Best.Korea

Total: 16
Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
I found Hitler's speech on invasion of Russia which was available on YouTube before, but now I can only find it on internet archive.

I think that historically, this speech is important, as it shows Hitler's thinking and it shows how Germans felt about Russia, and especially about Russia invading other countries.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
Here is a different link in case this one doesnt work

ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
Well it's usually not that hard to find good reasons to destroy a government, they are born of violence and turn back to violence by nature.

This is why it's important to ask the question: and you have a better idea?

Hitler's better idea was to kill everyone and then the magic superiority of aryan blood would bring about a utopia.

It's not easy to be more wrong than the communists, but there you have it.

At least it wasn't some crazy theory like mine: Just stop attacking innocent people and maybe we'll get closer to Utopia.
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
Gee whiz, what a visionary this guy sounds like. It must've been because of the cultural degeneracy and LGBT of the country he was attacking. Surely this guy's a savior of Western civilization. The West should stop stirring the pot by sending weapons and logistical aid to the defenders, since they're only prolonging an unwinnable war, causing death for no reason, and bringing us closer to a world war. Okay, maybe this is a war of one-sided aggression but hey, Stalin once said something mean about Germany. He should've known better than to say mean things about Germany so this is his fault.
We can totally trust this guy as an ally in the future. He definitely won't turn out to be a genocidal maniac down the road. There definitely aren't signs already of him having genocidal intentions and implementing policies to this effect.

If this guy had the 1940s equivalent to an OnlyFans account, I would simp to it, because I'm an antiwar republican.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Best.Korea
Typically, Hitler didn't invade fuck all.

Other people felt compelled to do the invading.

As they often do.

Should have paid more attention to Napoleon B's antics.

Nice when the Sun is shining, people are singing jolly patriotic songs, and the larder's full.
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
-->
@zedvictor4
Idk what you're saying, Hitler's imperial invasion of Austro-Hungary, Czechosolovakia, and most significantly of all Poland were a major part of what led to WW2
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Swagnarok
You obviously didnt listen to speech, as Hitler said that Russia was about to invade Germany.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
I dont know what you are talking about, but this is about Hitler's reasons for invading Russia and not some of your issues.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@RationalMadman
I was suggesting that like most tyrants, Hitler preferred the seclusion of Berlin or Bavaria, rather than the Russian front.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Best.Korea
Hitler ranted on about all sorts of shit.

Overstretched the resources of the Fatherland.

And then the shit hit the fan.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@zedvictor4
But that's just not true, he wasn't an isolationist even those Fascists usually are.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@RationalMadman
Which Fascists?

For sure, Hitler rose from the ranks of WW1.

Though we have to conclude that this was no ordinary guy.

ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
But that's just not true, he wasn't an isolationist even those Fascists usually are.
He was an economic isolationist. He believed in autarky.

Unlike say American isolationism he wanted to destroy anyone who might disturb the isolation and steal everything he thought was required for it to prosper.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@zedvictor4
@ADreamOfLiberty
Hitler was a globalist imperialist. He would ideally have taken over all of Europe surrounding Germany, at least to the East of it, had things gone his way.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@zedvictor4
Which Fascists?
Most Fascists have not been actively Imperialist like Hitler was. Whether Mussolini's Italy or the Spanish Fascists or most examples you can come up with of things like Fascism.

Fascism tends to focus more internally as ADOL points out, than externally and just sticks a middle finger to those that aren't up to what it sees as ideal societies.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@RationalMadman
The rapid rise and fall of the Empire was certainly interesting.

As was/ is the ensuing evolution of the global human society.