*** The new name of debateart.com announced (and winner)***

Author: WyIted

Total: 23
WyIted
Debates: 11
WyIted
The new name of debateart.com is now debatewars.org. Best.Japan has won the name contest and now will be listed as one of the official founders of debate wars. We are going to work on building the site out and improving the redirect. Also I will transfer the name over to mike upon request so long as he changes the branding of the website.

first it is debatewars.org and we will expand it out with debatewars.org/blog and debatewars.org/polls etc. but those domain extensions are not ready yet and of course that will be put on the backburner of Mike wants me to transfer the domain to him. Domain masking is not on and it will be unlikely to get turned on in the near future. Now you guys can feel better about promoting the site without confusing people and making them think the site is about debating art exclusively.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Best.Korea
congrats on winning the contest and welcome to the founders club.
Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
-->
@WyIted
Its an honor to serve the site!
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Best.Korea
Being a founder of a website is something you can put on your resume and you can link to my profile to prove you are a founder. Many doors will be open for you
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW

Make DebateArt Great Again !
JoeBob
Debates: 2
JoeBob
-->
@WyIted
Now you guys can feel better about promoting the site without confusing people and making them think the site is about debating art exclusively.
Well now won’t they think it’s just about debating wars?
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@JoeBob
Now you guys can feel better about promoting the site without confusing people and making them think the site is about debating art exclusively.
Good point, maybe we should try DebateWhores.com

It will surely get more traffic.
JoeBob
Debates: 2
JoeBob
-->
@Sidewalker
Probably
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@JoeBob
Damn it. 
Savant
Debates: 22
Savant
If we could get the original debate.org domain and actually organize the thing with celebrities, I think that would drive a lot of traffic. Both of those things seem difficult but doable. I'm willing to help with either as much as I can, though I'm afraid I don't have any special connections to offer.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Savant
I could use your help with the celebrity thing but it has to be more disorganized than I expected. So essentially thy post the debate and whoever responds first gets first dibs. 

I also feel like I broke rapport by asking anybody I was in contact with for this like I was some low rate sales person. The success of it depends on how enthusiastic you could be at pursuing it. 
Savant
Savant
-->
@WyIted
Any celebs you want me to contact?
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Savant
Mostly a mix of journalists who love writing about specific topics, "influencers", and academics with public email addresses who have written books on something they would want to debate. Even many people who have sold a million copies of books are easy to contact because the book is more famous than them. 

Maybe looking at some people who seem to do a lot of talks on specific topics like, abortion. I guess you would call them professional activists. I had another ideal that popped into my head if that doesn't work. 
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
-->
@WyIted
My advice is to base it on arguing not debating. I know the formal act is debating but you can make much catchier wider grabbing to Google website names that people will get 'argue online' not just debate show up for.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@WyIted
Argumentarena
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@WyIted
Arenargument
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@WyIted
Artofarguing
Savant
Savant
-->
@WyIted
Just curious, as I would want to emulate your approach. Were you able to get a response from any of them? If so, who did you contact and what message did you send?
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Savant
Just curious, as I would want to emulate your approach. Were you able to get a response from any of them? If so, who did you contact and what message did you send?
I have talked to a lot of celebrities. Recently my energy had dipped. I reached out to like 20 before the energy drain got me. I get about a 25% response when contacting people even high profile people, but I only contacted like 20 about debating. 

I have some tips but I want to set expectations.  You are seeking something from them and my 25% rate is from.asking about things they care about or asking about things pertaining to their reputation.

You do mot want a template message. If they did an interview or wrote an article contact them with a question about the article or interview. Do not ask questions from them that a Google response would secure. 

Do not hint around at what you want. So something like.

Dear Peter singer, I saw an article you wrote about it being morally permissible to commit infanticide to a new born if they are handicapped. Some people would love to debate you on this and understand your position better, would you be interested in a text based debate?

My response of 25% I was asking for clarifications on positions etc. A response that takes them 30 seconds to generate. You would be asking for a time commitment. 

That means your response rate will likely drop to 5% and the yes answers may be as low as 1%.

You need to send 500 emails to get 5 debaters IMO. Definitely tailor each one to the individual and if the yes falls below 1% than a new tactic is needed or this just isn't possible. A rate above 1% and likely you should start getting into sales as a profession because you have skills
Savant
Savant
-->
@WyIted
I am also thinking of promoting the site on Modern Day Debate. I made a challenge on there called "DebateArt.com is a superior debating platform to Modern Day Debate." (If the mods get annoyed, I'll take it down. But they have Holocaust deniers on there, so I think they're pretty lax about free speech.)
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Savant
They agreed to do an ad for this site on there. I just haven't given them the ad yet because the mods have not approved doing so. Also it is not written in stone because they usually only do ads for different discord servers. We have 1000 users listed or about and so an ad exchange should still be tempting for them
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
Maybe a pirate theme.

Arghhhument Matey.com
Hero_In_Instatute
Debates: 8
Hero_In_Instatute
oh god