Eclipse

Author: JoeBob

Total: 14
JoeBob
Debates: 2
JoeBob
If you live along the totality zone, or near it, you can see an eclipse in just under 2 hours as of making this post. Here is a map saying where it is. Scroll down a bit to see the map.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@JoeBob

I look like this guy when I'm looking at the Eclipse.
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
It's funny, because I was indoors and completely missed the last one (which Trump infamously stared right at with the naked eye). But today I'll see for myself whether it looks like a scene out of the Book of Revelation or it's a big nothing burger, since I live outside of the ideal viewing zone.
WyIted
Debates: 11
WyIted
I am in the ideal viewing zone and it was very annoying watching the orange man stare at the sun, and the secret service getting really nervous about letting him go blind and quickly correct him. 
JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@WyIted
Yea. I’m at about 92.8%. So close yet so far.
JoeBob
JoeBob
Completely cloudy in our area, so we aren’t seeing anything sadly.
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
Nobody in general (apart from a few like myself) realises how many coincidental things would need to happen that both spheres are perfect circles without flaw and that the size of the tiny moon far closer to us is the exact ratio for small Vs close for the sun to be blotted out but have a thin ring just around it.

They're almost the same size and the moon is a bit closer. I'll let you ignore the insane lack of probability of it all and stay in the round Earth fantasy, strange there'd be a viewing area since the sun and moon would always have had to be tbes ame to Mexico as the America just north of it etc yet somehow only this time all can view it, all a coincidence I'm sure.
Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
-->
@RationalMadman
I'll let you ignore the insane lack of probability of it all and stay in the round Earth fantasy
No, I am pretty sure that Earth is a triangle, and not round.

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
I have to say I felt my brain cells dying after reading that comment.

RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
-->
@Best.Korea
Hence why you were incapable of replying to it with direct rebuttal.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@RationalMadman
No, I have no interest in convincing you that Earth is round. In fact, it is in my interest to encourage you to keep going around saying that Earth is flat, as that is very funny and people like having something to laugh at so I dont see why would I take that away from them.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@RationalMadman
I'll let you ignore the insane lack of probability of it all and stay in the round Earth fantasy
This is a joke right? I wouldn't have even asked until seeing BK's comments, now I'm confused.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@WyIted
You literally have to stare with eyes wide open for 100 seconds to notice any permanent effect on the eyes. It's not like a lazer, you have to have a toxic dose.

Making assertions or drawing conclusions without scientific evidence or observational data can lead to misinformation. In this case, without specific studies examining the effects of staring at the sun for 2-3 seconds, it would be inappropriate to make definitive claims about the outcomes of Trump's vision from such brief exposures. It's essential to rely on scientific observation and empirical evidence to draw conclusions about the potential risks and effects of sun gazing.

Even Chat GPT knows.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Swagnarok
Take a coat, as it gets very cold.