Israel's Lavender AI

Author: Swagnarok

Total: 37
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
Israel, in prosecuting its war in Gaza, has relied on an AI system named "Lavender".

Lavender uses data on known Hamas affiliates to direct strikes on them. At its peak, the system identified 37,000 men as being such, though it was so overly broad as to include police officers and people involved in civil defense. It was eventually scaled back to entail a narrower set which only includes Hamas fighters, leaders, etc.

Imagine you're a low-ranking Hamas fighter. Lavender tells the Israeli air force where your home is, and they decide to drop a bomb on it. You have family members living with you; the system determines that no more than 10-15 people would be killed in this strike to kill you, so it approves the operation. Of course, if you were high-ranking, a much higher death toll could be justified. Ironically the opposite often turns out to be true, since imprecise but cheap "dumb bombs" are used on low-priority targets, whereas more expensive "smart bombs" are used to fry bigger fish. Imprecise bombs run a higher risk of collateral damage.
Hamas-controlled organizations in Gaza estimate that over 33,000 Gazans have been killed thus far. Hypothetically, 30,000 civilians could've been killed in the process of neutralizing 3,000 average Joes who are fighting for the group.

It's true, then, that Israel is killing the families of terrorists as part of its official policies.
JoeBob
Debates: 2
JoeBob
-->
@Swagnarok
It’s war, people are going to die regardless, what do you expect? Them to all get together and hug it out?
Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
Should USA convince North Korea to nuke Israel?
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
-->
@Swagnarok
Hamas fighters know exactly what they're doing using human shields. Lowest to highest are conditioned into being ruthless sociopaths by others in it.

If they were really down for the life of:

only gangstas killing only gangstas, no civvies

They'd have operated entirely differently. I'm not a fan of Israel's approach but all that's happening is Hamas figured Israel would take it like a bitch and it went so extremely far the other direction that even Hamas sociopaths are shocked at the ruthlessness.
WyIted
Debates: 11
WyIted
Don't go anywhere near your family if you are a terrorist. Problem solved or don't be an evil terrorist

FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
This is a new song I am writing.

Humans huh, yeah
What are they good for?
Absolutely nothing, uhh
Humans, huh, yeah
What are they good for?
Absolutely nothing
Say it again, y'all
Humans, huh (good God)
What are they good for?
Absolutely nothing, listen to me, oh
Humans, I despise
'Cause the cause destruction of innocent lives
Human's wars means tears to thousands of mother's eyes
When their sons go off to fight
And lose their lives.

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@RationalMadman
Hamas fighters know exactly what they're doing using human shields.
I guess your knowledge of war is still on the level of "Art of War" book, but really it only takes two brain cells to figure out that Hamas cannot teleport millions of civilians out of warzone and fight war at the same time, and they dont even have a place to teleport all those civilians to since no country wants to accept that many civilians, but whats even dumber in your logic is that you somehow think that you can fight war and not be around civilians, as your concept of "human shield" is literally limited to "soldiers being near civilians", which happens in every war everywhere, so every military is using human shields which makes your logic a retarded product of thinking that war is like PC game.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Best.Korea
You can certainly choose not to house soldiers in hospitals and you can certainly choose not to block exit routes of civilians. All of which i discuss in my video addressing Benjamin's arguments.

J3st3r
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@WyIted
You can certainly choose not to house soldiers in hospitals and you can certainly choose not to block exit routes of civilians.
Yes, its obvious Hamas has large enough military to both fight Israel and secure 40 miles border so no civilian can escape from Palestine. Really, in your world, Hamas is somehow better at securing its border during war than USA is securing its during peace. And of course every hospital is filled with soldiers. Its not like Israel would intentionally bomb civilians like it bombed food aid trucks to prevent food aid from coming to Palestine.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Best.Korea
They have prevented civilians from leaving areas and have intermixed with civilians so they can get sympathy for civilian deaths. 

I am not sure what you are getting at about securing their border but perhaps before you send your military in to rape and torture women and children you should make sure your military is strong enough to deal with the necessary response. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Best.Korea
I guess your knowledge of war is still on the level of "Art of War" book, but really it only takes two brain cells to figure out that Hamas cannot teleport millions of civilians out of warzone and fight war at the same time, and they dont even have a place to teleport all those civilians to since no country wants to accept that many civilians, but whats even dumber in your logic is that you somehow think that you can fight war and not be around civilians, as your concept of "human shield" is literally limited to "soldiers being near civilians", which happens in every war everywhere, so every military is using human shields which makes your logic a retarded product of thinking that war is like PC game.
using insults doesn't add weight to your argument. Hamas always have and always will use and abuse civilians even their own relatives as human shields. To them it is all about jihadist warfare for the afterlife. They're fighting a holy war in their minds, there are literally zero means that aren't justified by the ends for them. If you don't know the history and are stuck in your PC game warfare, let me know. I can help you study the history of repeated human shield use by Hamas.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@WyIted
It's funny how he insults me for saying what you said after me in different words that he's replying politely to, BK believes adding a word like 'retarded' or PC game is a valid argument.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@RationalMadman
It would indicate he has more respect for me, but he should be addressing the argumentnot the person and certainly he is being a dick by strawmanning you while giving me slightly better rebuttals.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@juniorrationalmadman
Hamas always have and always will use and abuse civilians even their own relatives as human shields. To them it is all about jihadist warfare for the afterlife. They're fighting a holy war in their minds, there are literally zero means that aren't justified by the ends for them. If you don't know the history and are stuck in your PC game warfare, let me know. I can help you study the history of repeated human shield use by Hamas.
I dont believe you, since if you knew anything about it, then you would know that Israel has a long history of abusing civilians. But kids these days read "Art of War" and they think they know modern war, but they dont know anything about anything. I guess I could recommend you some books to read, but I am not sure if it would be beneficial as certain knowledge is necessary to understand high level books.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@WyIted
They have prevented civilians from leaving areas and have intermixed with civilians so they can get sympathy for civilian deaths. 
I dont think you understood my argument, as you are just repeating what you said before and what was negated, so if you come up with something new, let me know.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Best.Korea
I dont think you understood my argument
Your argument is that it is impossible for them to secure their border to make escape impossible. It seems disingenuous and I believe you know it doesn't take much effort to shut down large roads around major population centers
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@FLRW
For sure.

The anti-war songs are all a part of the entertainment.

What if the breaking news everyday was just like:

And today everyone got along just fine again.

Their fluffy puppies playing in the flower strewn meadows in the warm sunshine.

Whilst birds sing their joyous melodies, in testament to the perpetual love that exists between all humans.

That just wouldn't be normal, would it?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Best.Korea
Then shut up, read and comprehend this or is it too long for your PC game attention span?

If your poor little brain can't cope, please read just 2 quoted:

Hamas has also discouraged Palestinians from heeding Israel’s call to evacuate. The Hamas-run interior ministry sent a text messages telling inhabitants: “The aim is to frighten civilians, and civilians must act responsibly and not follow misleading Israeli instructions.”

In 2014, the Hamas spokesperson Sami Abu Zuhari told al-Aqsa TV: “Hamas despises those defeatist Palestinians who criticise the high number of civilian casualties. The resistance praises our people … we lead our people to death … I mean, to war.”

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Best.Korea
Praising north Korea, imperialist Japan, pedophilia, homophobia and so much more of the stuff you come up with on this site is the result of being stuck behind a screen with no experience of what you glorify.

Perhaps take a step back and look in the mirror before projecting your insecurities onto me.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@juniorrationalmadman
There are literally thousands of cases of civilians moving away from warzone in Palestine to where Israel told them to move, only to be bombed there as well. I dont know if you have debated in debate section for too long so you have lost sense of what evidence is as in there voters accept those random links as evidence, but posting random completely irrelevant links isnt any evidence for your case and has nothing to do with your original claim, and the fact that you think it does just speaks volumes about your "research" which is honestly on the level of "I believe every irrelevant thing media tells me which supports my opinion" type of biased thinking. I cant say I expected better from you or anyone else here, given that I have always held opinion that there are no good debaters on this site except rare few.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@juniorrationalmadman
Praising north Korea, imperialist Japan, pedophilia, homophobia and so much more of the stuff you come up with on this site is the result of being stuck behind a screen with no experience of what you glorify.
Perhaps take a step back and look in the mirror before projecting your insecurities onto me.
I dont know why are you pretending to have any life experience when almost every idea you support is basically retarded such as flat Earth, or just taken from google search, and you even think 48 laws of power is a good book. Pretending to have some "experience" in life when you are incapable of dealing with simple conversation without running away to mods doesnt exactly tell me that you have some great experience.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@WyIted
I believe you know it doesn't take much effort to shut down large roads around major population centers
If USA cannot prevent people entering it during peace, then I dont see why you think a much weaker Hamas can during war. But you just assume that it can and does, which is nonsense.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@juniorrationalmadman
Praising north Korea, imperialist Japan, pedophilia, homophobia and so much more of the stuff you come up with on this site
You will never understand the imperialist way of life, as you are stuck in desire for a safe space, which is what Communist ideology brainwashed you with, since there is no safe space and a safe world is a horrible world because not only is it unachiavable, but even if it was achieved, it would be a world of cowards who must think 20 times what they say just to avoid saying a mean thing and offending someone and violating safe space. Even you dont believe in the safe space which you claim to support, as you are literally going all over the site calling people stupid, but when someone like me comes, then you run away to mods.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Best.Korea

I am not sure what you are talking about. And am not sure why you think it's hard to have 5 guys set up a roadblock. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@WyIted
I am not sure what you are talking about.
Thats true.

WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Best.Korea
Please address the part where you claimed Hamas was too incompetent to have 5 people set up a road block
WyIted
WyIted
If USA cannot prevent people entering it during peace,
Why would the USA prevent people from entering Gaza?
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@WyIted
Please address the part where you claimed Hamas was too incompetent to have 5 people set up a road block
I already did, but if you didnt understand, dont worry, as my goal is not to make you understand, but really the more dumb statements you make, the better my position is, so keep it up!

WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Best.Korea
Okay well I guess people can read your statement that hamas is too incompetent to keep a population from evacuating main roads and mine on how it takes less than 5 people to set up a roadblock and let the people see what seems more reasonable to them
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Best.Korea
Ad Hominem is all you can resort to. Notice how you dropped all my logic ro statements and solely attacked me? It wasn't even a mix.