I started playing HOI4

Author: Best.Korea

Total: 5
Best.Korea
Debates: 270
Best.Korea
So I got the game as I was recommended to get it, and of course it offers you to play as many sides. I admit, I was tempted to pick Japan, but I figured for a first play its best that I play as a main character, so I picked to play as Hitler.

Right after game starts, there are so many buttons and its a bit difficult to find whats what until you get used to it.

Right away, I started building military, air force, bombers, tanks, ships...

I am still not sure how resources in game work, but apparently, game lets you pick to build military factories or civilian factories on each territory, but I built mostly military factories.

I kinda dislike the fact that it takes such a long time to declare war, but I guess thats realistic as it takes time to convince the public and build up justifications for war.

For a first time playing, the game is very confusing as it bombards you with too many buttons to click on, and it takes a long time to click on each to see what each does.

But so far it seems simple: build strong military, declare war, and conquer.

I am not sure how beneficial it is to build bombers so early in the game, as I think I have more bomber planes productions lined up than I have for anything else.

However, I like the game so far as despite being complicated, it also has simple elements to it and I dont think I can fail if I just focus on military.
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
I think someone recently told me that being stuck behind a screen with 'art of war' games and such isn't how to get real experience of battles but how to stay delusional that one is good at them.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
What does that stand for 
JoeBob
Debates: 2
JoeBob
-->
@ILikePie5
Hearts of Iron 4
Best.Korea
Debates: 270
Best.Korea
-->
@juniorrationalmadman
I think someone recently told me that being stuck behind a screen with 'art of war' games and such isn't how to get real experience of battles but how to stay delusional that one is good at them
Buddy, I never claimed this game is gonna make anyone an expert at battles, its just kinda fun to play. But if you want experience of battles, you have to read books written by people who were in hardest battles and won, or just use AI to give you quick main points of those books. For example, you can just keep asking AI "What are some other main points of that book?" until it lists you plenty of points, then you write them down.