WARNING to all who play Valorant and now League of Legends.

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 5
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
I left this thread until my opponent had posted his final Round in a separate debate where I'm supporting LoL.

I want to warn people for 2 reasons:
  1. I have advocated for Riot Games on this website, feeling this slightly responsible for maybe convincing a member of 2 to consider and then play LoL or Valorant.
  2. It makes for good original content in 2 dead subforums and I figured this applied to Gaming more than Technology.
I will keep this brief, explaining little and letting you research it yourself if you're interested further.

By sheer luck, I wasn't into first-persom shooters as raw reaction time and reflexes have never been my forte in competitive gaming. For the past 3 to 4 years, Valorant's anticheat software has had Kernel ring-0 privileges on systems it's acting on (the level of privilege only Microsoft itself  or Intel/AMd is meant to have on your system).

Now, they're introducing it to LoL and it's mandatory. Even though over 75% of the cheating is done by Asians and Asians alone, they're forcing it on all regions so nobody is exempt from this theead's warning if they play LoL. Luckily, they're warning a lot more with LoL than with Valorant.

I didn't have any idea how dangerous this was and am fortunate troe alert and paranoid people resisting the speed of update suggested in January 2024 o us to make Riot Games delay it to now.

It's already out in Philippines region and is about to go global. Please be fully aware that this, when installed has the access that is a wet dream to hackers and virus designers. It isn't just running when your game is open but from startup to shutdown. I'm theory you can stop the driver during computer usage, forcing you to restart your system if you want to play any LoL but be very clear; this can pretend it is uninstalled and remain in your system as a permanent backdoor.

Around 80% of shareholding power in Riot Games is held by Tencent, a CCP endorsed gaming company. This is a national security risk and Riot Games sis gaslighting you to feel okay about it.
Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
Smite > League of legends
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
As a MOBA no way. Smite is like an FPS fused with a MOBA. It's so hard to farm, let alone fight
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
RM,

I apply offensive strategies in smite.

Usually I play joust, 3vs3, as farming is easy there.

Basically, just invest in damage.

If you have trouble aiming, avoid playing as hunter and mage.

Assassins, warriors and some guardians usually have easy to hit abilities and are great when you build them full damage, or 4 attack items + 2 protection items.

If you still insist on buying full protections, then buy warrior axe, gladiators shield, heartward amulet, mystical mail, pridwen and mantle of discord.

The idea behind this build is that gladiators shield, warrior axe (upgraded at lvl 20) and mystical mail all give you damage so you arent just a damage-less tank in team fights.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
I can give you some builds if you are interested, but the prinnciple is simple: invest in penetration and maybe lifesteal or health items like blackthorn hammer.

Penetration is the only way to do any good damage in team fights, and lifesteal or health will let you live slightly longer so you do more damage.

As for relics, you almost always want aegis or beads first.

As for potions, potions are mandatory for early game, and its best that you buy chalice of health as it really pays off as its basically constant health potions for the whole game.