Pascal's School Shooting I

Author: Benjamin

Total: 28
Benjamin
Debates: 93
Benjamin
Trigger Warning: If triggered by trigger warnings, you should stop reading prior to reading this trigger warning.

Trigger Warning:  This tread, literally called "pascals school shooting," is indeed about pascals wager and school shootings.

Trigger Warning: Seriously, deep thoughts are ahead on a taboo subject.

You have all heard Pascals wager, but here is an insidious twist on the conclusion to the argument. 

The options

Option 1a: There is no God, and you do a school shooting. Result: Finite gain.

Option 1b: There is no God, and you do a school shooting. Result: Finite loss.

Option 2a: There is a God, and you don't do a school shooting. Result: Infinite loss.  

Option 2b:  There is a God, and you do a school shooting: Result: Infinite gain.

The math
100% of children go to heaven, but less than 100% of adults go to heaven. Having guaranteed infinite gain is infinitely better than having any ammount of finite gain + x% chance of infinite gain + 100-x% chance of infinite loss (hell). So even if 999 children that get shot would go to heaven anyways, the gain of the 1 that would have gone to hell had he grown up to reject God, is infinitely outweiging the finite loss the 999 children suffered from not being able to live on earth in addition to heaven. So shooting children is such an unlimited source of potential net positive that any non-zero chance of God existing would render school shootings a net positive even for those that don't believe in God. 

Why these results?
The triomni singular creator God that the classical Pascals wager assumes is literally defined as good and just. That would logically entail, and most Christians would agree with me here, that ALL children go to heaven. If you don't buy this, just swap out school with kindergarden, or abortion clinic, or whatever. The point is, the option of going to hell is not open right from the start of life, rather it is UNLOCKED at some stage of moral development or after a milestone autonomous decision that can be effectively classified as sin. Otherwise, that infants die all the time, and that God in the various holy books orders and indeed himselfs commits on numerous occasions the slaughter of babies, would imply that some people are BORN IN HELL, figuratively speaking, since they got born on the train to auswitch with no chance to jump off or avoid hell. If God exists, being shot as a child guarantees you heaven.

In conclusion, since we cannot disprove God, both him and the infinite good of school shootings COULD exist, so school shootings are justified utilitaristically.
RaymondSheen
Debates: 0
RaymondSheen
-->
@Benjamin
Here's the problem with politicizing atheistic ideology. Ideology, the science of ideas. Problem is, most of it is shit. Stupid shit. 

Biblically, 100% of people, adult and children, go to hell. That's because hell is the grave. Virtually 0% of all adults and children go to heaven. That's becuase the meek inherit the earth and live forever upon it. Like Adam was meant to. I say virtually because a very small number of people do/will go to heaven to judge with Christ. 144,000 to be exact. We wouldn't want to go to heaven. Earth was created for us. Heaven wasn't. 
Benjamin
Benjamin
Paul of the Bible said this: 

For I could wish that I myself were cursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of my people, those of my own race [Romans 9.3]
A noble sentiment. Even if God himself told you not to shoot up a school, and that you would go to hell for it, doing it would still be a good thing, sacrificing your heaven for theirs.
RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@Benjamin
Seriously? That's the best you could do? Am I supposed to take that and think what? Don't shoot up schools? Hell is a nice place to be? Sacrifice my suicide for theirs? We all die in the end? What is the point? 

People shoot up schools therefore God doesn't exist? C'mon. 
Benjamin
Benjamin
-->
@RaymondSheen
I wasn't responding to you with that post, it was just something I wrote before you posted. And I am not trying to disprove God. Here is my actual response:

Biblically, 100% of people, adult and children, go to hell. That's because hell is the grave.
So hell as a type of afterlife doesn't exist, got it. 

144,000 to be exact.
This is 12x12x1000, a very round and symbolic number. But the Bible never states that there is a hard cap on who can get into heaven, and definitely doesn't specify how many.

We wouldn't want to go to heaven. 
Any place we wouldn't want to be in, you could not call heaven, as the word is DEFINED as the place you want to go to. But sure. Then are the 144.000 taken against their will?

RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@Benjamin
So hell as a type of afterlife doesn't exist, got it. 
According to the Bible. According to pagan mythology going back to Babylon, well - probably Mesopotamia, whatever, hell has various applications. The Buddhist hell etc. Sometimes it's cold, sometimes hot, sometimes everlasting, sometimes temporary. Christian tradition adopted hell from the pagans, as they often do, probably to get the pagans to join their apostate power scheme. Easter, Christmas - Christmas wasn't accepted by most "Christians" until Dickens' Christmas Carol. That's, what, 1840? 

On my site: hell for Desktop (much better) For mobile devices (not so muchness).  According to the Bible when we die, that's it. We're worm food. But with the possibility of resurrection. People who are introduced to the "truth" judge themselves. Believers, by their behavior, judge themselves possible recipients of everlasting life. Unbelievers judge themselves not interested in that possibility so aren't resurrected. The responsibility of a Bible believer, which I'm, is to educate the prospective candidates so they can make an informed decision. For them to decide to accept or reject it is the desired outcome. So long as they are informed. There is also a resurrection of judgement (judgement day) for the unrighteous. Those who haven't been introduced to the possibilities. They will then be given that opportunity, to decide for or against. Everlasting life or everlasting destruction. (Acts 24:15

This is 12x12x1000, a very round and symbolic number. But the Bible never states that there is a hard cap on who can get into heaven, and definitely doesn't specify how many.
Revelation 7, 14? 

The reason is that God and Jesus have no real idea of what sin is like. No practical experience with it. It would be unfair of them to judge. It's a peer thing. 

Any place we wouldn't want to be in, you could not call heaven, as the word is DEFINED as the place you want to go to. But sure. Then are the 144.000 taken against their will?
Heaven is defined as high. Lift your hand above your head - that's heaven. There are various degrees of height, of course. The expanse (atmosphere) etc. Above the physical heavens are the spiritual heavens. Spirit comes from Hebrew and Greek words which mean invisible to us, but producing results we can see. Wind, for example, breath, compelled mental inclination, spirit beings. The Greek word pneuma, from which comes pneumatic and pneumonia. 

People redefine the word heaven, interpreting it to mean whatever would be "heavenly" to them. Which is silly because not only is that not what it means but what we want isn't necessarily what God wants. For example, going full circle round you logically, if I may, shooting schools up, going to heaven instead of earth, sinning, dying, going to hell. etc. 

Adam was created to live forever, otherwise death, sin, hell, would be pointless. 

RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
-->
@RaymondSheen
Are you able to earn money from that BS capacity?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@RaymondSheen
 a very small number of people do/will go to heaven to judge with Christ. 144,000 to be exact.

Will this be the paradise mentioned by Jesus?
RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@RationalMadman
No, but if I were and I gave it all to you could you put it where your mouth is? Metaphorically speaking of course. The, uh, the analogy being of course, put your money where your mouth is. In that particular - uh - idiom. 
RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@Stephen
No. Paradise Jesus spoke of in that instance is the earth the meek inhabit. The one of the 144,000 is the many mansions. (John 14:2) 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Benjamin

God and Jesus have no real idea of what sin is like.

Define "sin" biblically.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@RaymondSheen

a very small number of people do/will go to heaven to judge with Christ. 144,000 to be exact.

No. Paradise Jesus spoke of in that instance is the earth the meek inhabit.

So in  which "paradise" is Jesus and the "thief" residing?

“And Jesus said unto him. Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise” Luke 23:43 

RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@Stephen
In the paradise that will exist once sin, Satan, etc. are destroyed. So, the "thief" would die that day, and when he woke up, it would be, to him, like the next day, even though thousands of years later. 
RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@Stephen
Sin is a Hebrew transliteration. It means missing the target. For example, archers and those using slingshots sinned if they missed.  If you are late for work you sin against your employer. If you exceed the speed limit you sin against the government, the law. 
Best.Korea
Debates: 270
Best.Korea
-->
@Benjamin
In Christianity, children can go to hell and many probably do, because Christian God hates children.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@RaymondSheen
So in  which "paradise" is Jesus and the "thief" residing?

“And Jesus said unto him. Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise” Luke 23:43 

In the paradise that will exist once sin, Satan, etc. are destroyed. 

And so we can take it then that Satan, also a creation of god , has been destroyed? Or are you going to redefine the word " Today" in the above verse?Luke 23:43 

God and Jesus have no real idea of what sin is like.

Define "sin" biblically.

Sin is a Hebrew transliteration. It means missing the target. 

I see.  So has nothing to do with transgressing the law of god?
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Best.Korea

Yes, God let my 7 year old cousin die from leukemia when I was 12. That is when I became an Atheist. I realized that the only purpose in life was to make a lot of money and have a lot of sex.      OMG, I'm a TRUMP !!!!!!!!!
Best.Korea
Debates: 270
Best.Korea
-->
@FLRW
Yes, God let my 7 year old cousin die from leukemia
God created leukemia and thousands of diseases which target children specifically, which is why I concluded that God hates children.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@FLRW
@Best.Korea
Yes, God let my 7 year old cousin die from leukemia
God created leukemia and thousands of diseases which target children specifically, which is why I concluded that God hates children.

The question I have always posed to Christians when it comes to  disease is - why did Jesus cure only a few "lepers" and not eradicate all leprosy? I am still waiting for a answer.

RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@Stephen
And so we can take it then that Satan, also a creation of god , has been destroyed? Or are you going to redefine the word " Today" in the above verse?Luke 23:43 
Ha. You've corrected me. I said the next day for some reason. Thanks. We don't have to redifine the word. It would be the same as today for the criminal. He dies. He doesn't go to heaven, he doesn't go to hell (not the pagan apostate Christian adoption of hell) but the grave. When he is resurrected it won't seem to him like thousands of years later because he will have been dead all that time. 

I see.  So has nothing to do with transgressing the law of god?
That, uh, that would be missing the mark. 

RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@Stephen
The question I have always posed to Christians when it comes to  disease is - why did Jesus cure only a few "lepers" and not eradicate all leprosy? I am still waiting for a answer.
You won't like it. Jesus curing was a sort of parlor trick for the unbelievers and weak in faith. Like his wounds for doubting Thomas was. His showing that he could heal showed his power through God's holy spirit, to resurrect. Everyone he and the disciples and the prophets of old healed died later.  

rosends
rosends
-->
@RaymondSheen
Sin is a Hebrew transliteration. It means missing the target. For example, archers and those using slingshots sinned if they missed.  If you are late for work you sin against your employer. If you exceed the speed limit you sin against the government, the law. 
Sin is one of the English words used when translating any of a number of different Hebrew words. Trespass, transgression, sin, wrongdoing, crime... all have subtle shades of meaning or at least they might. In the Hebrew there are 4 or 5 words that occur regularly to indicate categories of misdeeds. One of those words is "chet" (with that gutteral ch sound) which is related to the word that means "to miss" as in "the arrow missed the target."  This does not mean that any use of that root indicates that category of sin.

The root word is also used in Leviticus to mean something very, very different.
RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@rosends
Wow! So, I've gotten rusty. Too much time by myself, I'm pulling nonsense out of my hat. When I should know better. I'll step my game up. Thanks for the feedback. That's why I'm here. 

Todah rabah.

RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
-->
@Barney
@whiteflame
@oromagi
Combined with his later thread making it clear this is propaganda to genuinely talk someone into a mass murder of juveniles, this is now actionable by law. You must contact the police, it's not a joke. If you don't, you are aiding and abetting it. This is the responsibility of a mod. You must tell Mike ASAP. He has to report to law enforcement. It's set in stone.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Benjamin
In conclusion, since we cannot disprove God, both him and the infinite good of school shootings COULD exist,.....

1} clear definition of term God,

...1a} crreator God creates finite, eternally existent, occupied space Universe @,

...1b} non-creator God is the finite, eternally existent, occupied space Universe @,

...1c} non-creator God is inclusive of the Cosmic Primary Set/Outline i.e. has three primary aspects of consideration by humans and their access to Spiit-1, Meta-space mind/intellect/concepts and ego,

........1A}  Spirit-1 Meta-space mind/intellect/concepts and ego, ex concepts of God, Time, Space, Toyotas etc are no an occupied nor non-occupied space, rather concepts of all that exists in this Cosmic Trinary Set,

.......1B} eternally existent,  macro-infinite, truly non-occupied space, that, embraces/surrounds the following,

.......1C} Spirit-2 { fermions and bosons aka physical reality or energy - quantized  }, 3 { Gravity - non-quantized } and 4 { Dark Energy -  non-quantized }, the eternally existent, finite, occupied space Universe @.
All of the finite that can exist, falls into the above Cosmic Trinary Set/Outline 1A, !B and 1C. None will ever offer any logical, common sense critical thinking that will invalidate this Cosmic Trinary Set/Outline.

Subjective morality is in the eye-of-the-beholder{s} and in all cases that is human with their access to Meta-space mind/intellect/concepts.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
Well, I heard the pope saying that heaven and hell don't actually exist as real places but mental states.

It seems that they're trying to correct themselves, the problem is that the errors and contradictions are so much that it'll take a whole life to make sense of all of it. Ha.
RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@IlDiavolo
I'm full of quotes today. Brian Warner, AKA Marilyn Manson: "I never really hated a one true god but the God of the people I hated."

IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@RaymondSheen
I'm full of quotes today. Brian Warner, AKA Marilyn Manson: "I never really hated a one true god but the God of the people I hated."
Never liked his music, it's too heavy for me, but I admire his courage to speak out against the church through music.