Gender identity crisis.

Author: Mall

Total: 160
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
but that doesn't mean things didn't get worse.
who exactly is the victim in your proposed metaphor ?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Sidewalker
Perhaps your anger is directed at the transgender community because you feel excluded.
interesting hypothesis
ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@3RU7AL
In suicide a person is their own victim.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
which is a reaction to social stigma

are you proposing we remove social stigma in order to "save lives" ?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
also, your metaphor is seriously "self-genocide" ?
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@3RU7AL
for reasons (A), (B), and (C)
i'm pretty certain all of those things were happening long before the term "gender identity" 
I'm pretty certain all of the inner turmoil and deep insecurity were happening long before these haters decided to focus their anger on the transgender community.

I really don't think someone who is "comfortable" with who, and what, they are give it any thought at all, I mean, why would they, I know I don't. 

These guys need to look inside to discover why the transgender community attracts so much of their attention and generates such passion, and perhaps it will help them get some control over themselves, stop obsessing, maybe stop being afraid of who they might be deep down.  At least the transgender community is being honest with themselves.

When you really press them about why it bothers them so much, they tend to talk about it as if it's contagious, I think that is very telling.

I'm sorry they are "uncomfortable" with their own life, but they really shouldn't take it out on the transgender community, it reminds me of a little dog barking at himself in the mirror.

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Sidewalker
as if it's contagious,
rofl
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Sidewalker
When you really press them about why it bothers them so much, they tend to talk about it as if it's contagious, I think that is very telling.
The growth curve is identical to a contagion.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@3RU7AL
I proposed nothing. I answered your questions.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
you said gender dysphoria is like the holocaust

which strongly indicates that EITHER

(1) you think trans people are going to kill everyone

OR

(2) you think non-trans people are going to kill all the trans people
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
i wouldn't worry too much about it

i can pretty much guarantee you're immune
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@3RU7AL
you said gender dysphoria is like the holocaust
No, I used the holocaust in an ad absurdum argument to disprove the premise that "If a thing occurred before an event, that event could not increase the frequency of that thing (or make it worse etc...)"

If that premise was true we could discard the holocaust, after all people have been murdered for being jews since there were jews.

i wouldn't worry too much about it

i can pretty much guarantee you're immune
I'm immune from suicide too, but recall the context: https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/10918/posts/440714

You asked me what the problem with delusion was. Now you're saying it's not a problem because it's not a problem unique to me. If it's not a problem for me it's only because I am resistant to the delusions.

That in no way disproves the assertion that delusions are problematic.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
No, I used the holocaust in an ad absurdum argument to disprove the premise that "If a thing occurred before an event, that event could not increase the frequency of that thing (or make it worse etc...)"

If that premise was true we could discard the holocaust, after all people have been murdered for being jews since there were jews.
jesus, ok, you just jump straight to "holocaust" every time you encounter a pretty standard "slippery slope" argument ?

ALSO,

i don't think anyone was suggesting the gender thing "will never increase in frequency"

i think the general argument here is, TRANS PEOPLE DREAM OF LIBERTY

you know, to dress however they feel like dressing and talking however the fuck they feel like talking and telling you what they look like naked if and when they feel like telling you what they look like naked

i still don't know why the hell anyone would care

they just want normal individual LIBERTY, do you know what i'm talking about ?

do you want the cops to tell you what clothes you can and can't wear ?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
there are thousands of delusions that are demonstrably MORE problematic than what pronoun someone personally prefers
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
A) People attracting homosexuals, then rejecting them because they claim to be heterosexual (even though they are in reality seeking a homosexual relationship)
who gives a fuck ?

straight people get mad about getting rejected by STRAIGHT people all the time anyway

they've even fought wars over it
Mall
Debates: 340
Mall
-->
@Sidewalker
I tell you what. Figure out how to solve gender identity dysphoria. Let us know.

That's the point of this topic. Stay on topic. 

You and these transgender topics. Do you know somebody personally that's a transgender or something? Somebody close to home is that it?

Does this person have the dysphoria? I'm sure the person would appreciate your construction resolution in regards to the topic, to the topic, to the topic.

We thank you.
Mall
Mall
People need to get over themselves as high and mighty judges.
Mall
Mall
-->
@3RU7AL
You guys are missing the point of this topic. People suffer with dysphoria, we're looking to rectify that . We're not here to express disagreement with a lifestyle otherwise confused with hate.

Let's not have the bias upon seeing topics like these.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
B) People (especially children) being sterilized and then later realizing they wanted biological children and can barely attract a mate much less pass their genes on.
do you believe parents should be allowed to make life and death decisions for their own children ?
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
I really don't think it's contagious, but if you are that afraid, by all means, wear a mask, see if there is a vaccine, wash your hands a lot.

Fight the urge, next time you start feeling confused, take a cold shower.

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Mall
Figure out how to solve gender identity dysphoria. Let us know.
leave them alone and let them do what they want

offer them the same protection from harassment that everyone else has
Mall
Mall
-->
@Amber
Good points on the transgender subject like I said.

I wonder why others maybe particularly one individual on this site assumes hatred and disgust just because of topics like these.

Assuming I'm judgmental being judgemental on me at the same time.

This must be striking a personal nerve.

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
C) Families being broken up by a disagreement over gender identity
the number one cause of families breaking up is FINANCIAL STRESS

maybe try tackling that one first
Mall
Mall
-->
@3RU7AL
"leave them alone and let them do what they want

offer them the same protection from harassment that everyone else has"

Let me get this straight so we know the issue is being addressed properly.

Are you saying this will get rid of the dysphoria?

Leaving them alone to suffer with it is not getting rid of the trauma. 

It's about helping them. We're not talking about bothering them, that's a different subset of a group.

From what you said, will this get rid of the dysphoria?
Mall
Mall
-->
@Reece101
Ok so how can the dysphoria be resolved in the mean time?
Mall
Mall
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Seems like you have a starting point but are a ways away from solving the problem.

Well keep on keeping on.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Mall
From what you said, will this get rid of the dysphoria?
if someone is comfortable being trans, just leave them alone

being trans is not automatically a "problem to solve"

if they want therapy because they are personally dissatisfied with their body

then by all means, let them get some therapy

but maybe make it available to everyone

because trans people are very very low on the scale of "dangers to society at large"
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@3RU7AL

jesus, ok, you just jump straight to "holocaust" every time you encounter a pretty standard "slippery slope" argument ?
It wasn't a slippery slope argument. It was just an implicit false premise.

Yes I go straight for the most obvious examples. That's what makes it an appeal to absurdity. The most absurd the implied conclusion the sooner the false premise can be abandoned by the reader.

i don't think anyone was suggesting the gender thing "will never increase in frequency"
You are conflating different contexts. The context of post #28 was D)

[ADOL] People killing themselves for reasons (A), (B), and (C).
So the context is people killing themselves for those reasons.

Yes people killed themselves before those were reasons because there are other reasons, that does not mean people did not kill themselves for these reasons or that the existence of these reasons did not increase the net suicide rate.

i think the general argument here is, TRANS PEOPLE DREAM OF LIBERTY
Liberty is freedom from force, deception, and threats of force or deception.

It is not entitlement to be affirmed or accommodated, indeed affirmation and accommodation of delusion is destructive to the affirmed and those around him or her.

you know, to dress however they feel like dressing and talking however the fuck they feel like talking and telling you what they look like naked if and when they feel like telling you what they look like naked
Is a dress not real? Are the feelings not real? Is an image or a body not real?

Those are not delusions. Saying someone without a ovaries has an ovulation, that is delusion.

they just want normal individual LIBERTY, do you know what i'm talking about ?
Some do. Many who have no gender dysphoria and some who do are after much more and are sacrificing the truth in the process.

do you want the cops to tell you what clothes you can and can't wear ?
No, but they do tell me I need to wear clothes.

there are thousands of delusions that are demonstrably MORE problematic than what pronoun someone personally prefers
Yes, but there isn't a limit to the number of delusions that can be identified so that is irrelevant.

This one is popping up so often because people are making it pop up. They want attention, the issue was created to get attention. It worked, that's why this thread was created and why you asked me questions about what I believed about these particular delusions.

A) People attracting homosexuals, then rejecting them because they claim to be heterosexual (even though they are in reality seeking a homosexual relationship)
who gives a fuck ?
Well the people who spent a year and a half pursuing a relationship only to have it lost with strong negative emotions should care, and so should the people who want others to be happy.

straight people get mad about getting rejected by STRAIGHT people all the time anyway
and if there was a significant number of rejections caused by a lie which millions of people fervently demanded was the truth that would be 'problematic' (your word).

they've even fought wars over it
I don't think there has ever been a war fought exclusively by one sexual orientation.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@3RU7AL
B) People (especially children) being sterilized and then later realizing they wanted biological children and can barely attract a mate much less pass their genes on.
do you believe parents should be allowed to make life and death decisions for their own children ?
It's like democracy. The worst, except for everything else. Parents on average are more likely to have the child's best interest at heart than anyone else in the world.

Now if you're claiming the parents are objectively wrong then you're claiming sterilization is objectively the only moral thing to do, and that is going to be a very hard conclusion to justify; especially given the easily predicted regret that is occurring (and will get much worse).

C) Families being broken up by a disagreement over gender identity
the number one cause of families breaking up is FINANCIAL STRESS

maybe try tackling that one first
If I had to choose I would certainly create a post-scarcity world before I cured gender dysphoria or more accurately the cult that makes gender dysphoria worse on a social level.

being trans is not automatically a "problem to solve"
Oh it's a problem. It's defined as a problem.

There are two and only two genuine solutions:
1.) Stop the neural pattern that creates the dysphoria
2.) Transfer the mind to a functioning body that would not create dysphoria

Since we can do neither there is nothing to do. However, people are trying to do (2) via mutilation; like leeches in the dark ages this is doing more harm than good. So even if you have every right to put leeches on your back, I wouldn't advise it if you ask me, and people are asking me.

Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@Mall
I tell you what. Figure out how to solve gender identity dysphoria. Let us know.

That's the point of this topic. Stay on topic. 

You and these transgender topics. Do you know somebody personally that's a transgender or something? Somebody close to home is that it?
Nope, as I said, it doesn't affect me, and I just don't give it much thought, what I don't understand is why you and others like you are so drawn to it, so passionate about it, so obsessed with it.  Why is it so important to you that the existence of the transgender community needs to be rectified?

And only an idiot would buy that nonsense that you want to be their savior, you are the great rectifier LOL.

Here's an idea, let them deal with their life, and you deal with yours.   

Does this person have the dysphoria? I'm sure the person would appreciate your construction resolution in regards to the topic, to the topic, to the topic.

We thank you.
You seem to think this is an echo chamber and anyone who doesn't mimic you is off topic, that's bullshit.  

If you only want to talk to people who agree with you, there are web sites for that, but this is a debate site, and no, we don't need you to "rectify" that either.