-->
@Mharman
How do you draw the line?
Castin
Debates: 0
Castin
-->
@Mharman
Where's the line drawn for "vile enough"? Seems like your suggestion would add another shade of ambiguity to all this.
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
-->
@RationalMadman
I do believe there is an objective line somewhere, but it’s exact position is pretty subjective. I think a good basis to go off of is how bad the average member can get in an average-intensity spat and then compare it to the particular offense. In the average flame war, it is not uncommon for one member to tell another member to get their face fvcked. In a flame war, it is pretty rare for one member to wish that another member’s kids to be autistic. I believe this is because most members have individual beliefs that result in a general consensus that that is going too far. 
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
-->
@Castin
Post 33
Castin
Debates: 0
Castin
-->
@Mharman
I find it very appealing on paper, but the details still sound iffy/foggy to me. (How does something "sound" foggy? Nvm.) It relies on subjective measurements. There's a degree of subjectivity in all moderation of course, but this strikes me as an even higher degree.
Analgesic.Spectre
Debates: 1
Analgesic.Spectre
-->
@Castin
Yeah, I like Sam as well and was surprised to hear this. And I actually can't see any more than you do, I turned down the position of full time assistant mod. Did Sam unleash out of the blue, was there an argument or something? 
Yes, it was out of the blue. I barely knew Sam before it happened. I strongly suspect he had something bad happen to him, of which had nothing to do with me. There really isn't much else that could explain his out of control behaviour.

In general I think because many of our members were from DDO, where there was no active moderation to speak of and you had an anything-goes environment, many people may have forgotten what moderation looks like. Laying down new law after such a long period of lawlessness is bound to be turbulent. 
Max used to law down the law (we're talking 3+ years ago). I suppose that as the site became dysfunctional, Max just stopped caring. But yeah, whilst I wasn't around for all of it, DDO became pretty wild by the end of it.

As a side note, Poly is actually perfectly capable of intelligent and contributive posts, I just have no idea what determines the Jekyll/Hyde factor. Or what her problem with me and others is.
Her behaviour is pretty trollish -- I wouldn't be surprised if she was just a troll. There is something clearly wrong with her.

9 days later

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Says a couple of bigots. 
Making fun of autistic: ok
Making fun of black people: ok 
Making fun of theists: ok
Calling out those people: bannable for 10 days 

Guess it shows the moral quality of those in charge and their atheism.