RaymondSheen
Debates: 0
RaymondSheen
-->
@Mall
Do atheists believe no gods exists?

Yes or no.
Yes. And no. 

Now it's your turn. Do atheists believe anything?

Yes or no.

baggins
Debates: 6
baggins
I have skipped through most of this thread so can someone let me know why the answer to the question “do atheists believe in gods” is yes and no? It should be no all the time unless you define god as something else. 
cristo71
Debates: 1
cristo71
-->
@Mall
I got you guys scared to answer these questions.
Well, sockpuppets can be a bit scary, especially a sockpuppet of Best.Korea, aka BK. The good news for you is that good things can happen, even to a sockpuppet! When opportunity comes knockin’, you best answer, BK at the Mall (Parental discretion is advised):

RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@baggins
Define it as something else?! You mean define it as something other than what atheists, who don't believe it no matter what you call it, says it is? No. 

A god is and has always been anything or anyone that is venereted/worshipped. Atheism is commonly defined as "disbelieve in God or gods" which is stupid. Modern day "Atheists" don't understand that the God of the Bible is just one of countless - billions - of gods. Some exist, some don't. They don't have to exist to be a god, but they can exist. The atheist defense is that that isn't what any atheist means by gods. Ask what a god is and they say "sky king magic etc." What they perceive in ignorance as the God of the Bible. They have almost no idea. 

So, it doesn't matter what they do or do not believe about something they know almost nothing about. It's a sociopolitical bunch of nonsense. 
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@RaymondSheen
Do theist belive everything .? 

How do you rule out something not being real.   
Like ummmm. bigfoots not being real ?
Talk us through the steps of hearing about these bigfoots and then coming to belive that they dont exist. 

How did you rule out allah not being real. ? 

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@RaymondSheen
Atheists are fully aware of the FACT that the Sun has been worshiped as a god and still is . 

Atheists can PROVE the sun exists.  

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Attempting to rule out something that has never been ruled in, is an unnecessary exercise.

So unless you can unequivocally prove the existence of bigfoot or Allah...

If you can, then I also don't need to bother.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@zedvictor4
No gods ever been ruled in

Thus Bringing us to the word (  believe  ) and or belife 
And its more sillyer brother word Faith. 

I can belivd All i want but hey, and it dont changd shit

And the word atheist and theist deals with the word ( belive ) 

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@zedvictor4
Actully 
Belive does change things 
If i say i believe in god im a thiest. Well not specifically a theists but you kn ow

I belive in god
Orrrr 
I don't belive in god  
Am i Attempting to rule one of these in.
Orrr
Attempting to rule one out. 
Or a combo 

Mere belife 

I dont have a clue on how to use my faith thing. 

Tell me about faith Zee. 
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Assuming

The meaning of atheist should be . .
One who assumes there is no such thing as a god. 
OR the opposite 
Wich is a believer .
A believer assume a god exists, 

Also id like to point out the word 
Assume 
Its got ( u  , me  , and. ass ) in it.  

If ( u, ass,  me ) i assume so

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@baggins
Can a atheist become a beliver ?
And. 
Can A believer become Atheists? 
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
All the Theists proof that they've collected  thus far 
goes along way to proving Atheism .

Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@RaymondSheen
Everyone says data i.e. facts, truth, etc. is important, but it isn't. At all. The atheist vs theist debate is always only ever religion, politics and science. Not being very well aquinted with your thinking I would hazard a guess. With you it's politics. 
No, I care about reality. And when one decides that their first priority is to reality, that’s where an interest in logic and epistemology comes in. If you don’t care about that, then you are by definition irrational and therefore unworthy of an attempt at a rational conversation.
RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Atheists are fully aware of the FACT that the Sun has been worshiped as a god and still is . 

Atheists can PROVE the sun exists.  
Then you can PROVE a god exists. While atheism is defined as disbelief in the existence of God or gods,

To someone who worships the sun as God or a god that doesn't make any sense. 

Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Mall
Ok well say "both" yes and no. All you had to say from jump my friend instead of going through all this.
You asked for a yes or no answer, and everyone who has replied to you since has been explaining to you that that is not logical.

I don't know. I'd have to talk to every individual that says he or she is in support of no abortion.
No you don’t, just apply the basic laws of logic.

Pro life means against a woman’s right to decide if they want an abortion. Being in favor of a rape exception does not change that, therefore one can be pro life and against exceptions while others can be pro life and for exceptions. The answer to your question is it’s not a yes or a no.

Atheists also do believe gods exists so whatever definition you're using would be the same as theism so I advise you to definitely be clear on this subject because it'll spread confusion.
You are the only one who seems confused. An atheist is someone who does not believe in the existence of a God or gods. So some atheists might believe no gods exist, some might not have any position on that question. To have no position makes you an atheist because if you have no position then by definition, you do not believe in a god.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@Double_R
RR
Im not sure We can use Logic in the religious forum. 
We can only assume shit. 

Assume sume here
and assume sume there
here assume
there assume
everywhere assume sume.  

Assume, 
its got a ( muse ) in it . 

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@RaymondSheen
Maybe there shouldn't be a wotd then for not believing in god/s

Like the same for poeple that dont belive in unicorns. 
Its not like atheists made up or want to be called atheists. 
We would rather 
Justtt ( dont believe in god )
Thats all.

RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Do theist belive everything ? 
No. As a theist I believe a relatively small portion of what I'm told. Skeptic by nature. 

How do you rule out something not being real.   
Depends on the context. I use Zeus and Santa Claus as good examples. Zeus is the Greek mythological human god of sky and thunder. Humans exist. That doesn't mean he did. He's mythological. So, he was concocted from the imagination to entertain and educate. Like animals in Aesop's fables. So, in that sense he existed. But Roman leaders were also given the name Zeus, so in these cases Zeus were real humans in a literal sense. Santa is interesting in that parents teach their kids that he is real then teach them he isn't and the kids buy into it very easily. I imagine a child being told there is "no such thing as Santa" on the way one last time to the mall to talk to one and passing up half a dozen on the way. Santa is real in that sense. Probably, but not certainly based upon some legend of a true man, commercialized, mythologized.

Like ummmm. bigfoots not being real ?

Talk us through the steps of hearing about these bigfoots and then coming to belive that they dont exist. 
I don't know. You all seemed obsessed with bigfoot. Maybe they exist, maybe they don't. I've never seen one, but I've never seen a whale either. Whales and giant squid used to be considered supernatural sea faring mythology like mermaids. 

How did you rule out allah not being real. ? 
Same as Zeus. Allah is Arabic for the God. All that word says is that some people think of the Abrahamic Bible God to be the God. Islam is much like Mormonism. Islam and Mormonism were, respectively, an aberration and addition to the Biblical teachings. With Islam the sociopolitical protestation of Muhammad, and with Mormonism the, well, sort of delusional cultural appropriation of Joseph Smith.

Can I PROVE Allah or Jehovah are REAL? No. And no one can PROVE they aren't. It's opinion or faith. Usually uneducated on both counts.  

RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
No gods ever been ruled in
You just ruled in one yourself, right here! The sun. 

Thus Bringing us to the word (  believe  ) and or belife 
And its more sillyer brother word Faith. 
Faith only means trust. You trust you will be paid on payday; you trust or have faith in, your spouse, child, friend, or government. Or not. 

I can belivd All i want but hey, and it dont changd shit
Exactly.

And the word atheist and theist deals with the word ( belive ) 
Yes, and the question is, does that belief imply existence or trust? I believe Joe Biden and Donald Trump exists, but I don't trust them. I have no faith in them or the government. You trust, or have faith in the sun. To do what it does. "Rise" and "set." But that doesn't mean you worship it. It is a god. To some it is God. Not to you.

Does any of that make sense to you? 
RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull

Maybe there shouldn't be a wotd then for not believing in god/s
I don't have a problem with the word or concept of atheism. They are, as I've said, completely rational and logical excursions. I only have a problem with the dictionary definition and the average ignorance of people who claim to be atheists. I was an atheist until I was 27 and I had no idea about what that meant except for the observation that religious people were nuts. I haven't changed in my estimation of religious people, in fact, the more I learn the more that estimation is confirmed. BUT, atheists are ideologues which is just as bad if not the same or worse than religious.   

Like the same for poeple that dont belive in unicorns. 
Its not like atheists made up or want to be called atheists. 
We would rather 
Justtt ( dont believe in god )
Thats all.
But you don't know what god is. Not a clue. The fact is that your very unsophisticated ideology, is all wrapped up in an emotional response to - as I call them, religious nuts. Yeah, they're nuts because they are uneducated. But so are atheists.  
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@RaymondSheen
Your right ,  I dont know what or whom a god is  
 So Uneducated in the gods of the past department .

Ive attended 7 maybe 10  session of Sunday school and a handful of sunday services . Its safe to say , i know me gods.
And ive mad skills when it comes to ,  macaroni jewelry  making .
Ask me mum. 

10 sunday school sessions in i got me first BMX.
Gods good ill give you that , but he aint BMX good .
So i went that way . 
And had no time for the god way. 
The only negative from this is.

I may lack group singing skills . 

You on the other hand would be a group singing champ right ?

ButbYou are correct 
Nice post man. 

RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@Double_R
No, I care about reality. And when one decides that their first priority is to reality, that’s where an interest in logic and epistemology comes in. If you don’t care about that, then you are by definition irrational and therefore unworthy of an attempt at a rational conversation.
Ideologues often confuse ideology with reality in an insistence upon their own perceived reality. Reality, in reality, is subjective and temporal. 

Reality:  the world or the state of things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional idea of them: "he refuses to face reality" or "Laura was losing touch with reality"

a thing that is actually experienced or seen, especially when this is grim or problematic: "the harsh realities of life in a farming community" or "the law ignores the reality of the situation"

a thing that exists in fact, having previously only existed in one's mind: "the paperless office may yet become a reality"

the state or quality of having existence or substance: "youth, when death has no reality"

Ideology: a system of ideas and ideals, especially one which forms the basis of economic or political theory and policy: "the ideology of democracy"

the ideas and manner of thinking characteristic of a group, social class, or individual

archaic: the science of ideas; the study of their origin and nature.

RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
ButbYou are correct 
Nice post man. 
Alright, then. I'm not suggesting that every atheist or theist has to be educated on the subject. That's their call. God gave everyone the choice, and he didn't do that with a stipulation that ya' have to be educated on the subject if you're not interested. 

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
I sence a freind for ( miss trade secret ) 

They could correct each others nonsense alllllllllll day long hey. 
They seem to know a great deal about the god thing.
Its almost like theve a book or something on him. 

I've seriously never ever even met a god.

Ha. Ha.
I just said ( metta god ) 

Nice hey.
Thanks guys. 
Thanks. 

RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
They could correct each others nonsense alllllllllll day long hey. 
That doesn't even scratch the surface. I've been doing this for 30 fucking years. I woke up 10 years ago and said to myself what am I doing?! I've got to stop this. And then kept on doing it. That's just humans being. Don't pay it to much mind. 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@RaymondSheen
I've been doing this for 30 fucking years.

Doing what?
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Faith is either based upon confidence or brainwashing.

Though outcomes are still uncertain.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
An atheist buys an ancient lamp at an auction, takes it home, andbegins to polish it. Suddenly, a genie appears, and says, “I’ll grant you threewishes, Master.” The atheist says, “I wish I could believe in you.” The geniesnaps his fingers, and suddenly the atheist believes in him.

The atheist says,“Wow. I wish all atheists would believe this.” The genie snaps his fingersagain, and suddenly atheists all over the world begin to believe in genies.

“What about your third wish?” asks the genie. “Well,” says the atheist, “I wishfor a billion dollars.” The genie snaps his fingers for a third time, butnothing happens. “What’s wrong?” asks the atheist. The genie shrugs and says,“Just because you believe in me, doesn’t necessarily mean that I really exist.”
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@RaymondSheen
Ideologues often confuse ideology with reality in an insistence upon their own perceived reality. Reality, in reality, is subjective and temporal. 
This is called projection. You are the ideologue here, so you assume everyone else is as well.

To claim reality is subjective is every bit as logically absurd as claiming you are a married bachelor or that you can draw a five sided triangle. Reality  is the very thing being measured against to determine whether something is objectively true.
baggins
baggins
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Can a atheist become a beliver ?
And. 
Can A believer become Atheists? 

Yeah