Atheism Simplified

Author: RaymondSheen

Total: 77
RaymondSheen
Debates: 0
RaymondSheen
-->
@IlDiavolo
So you think it doesn't matter what we believe because everything is going to be destroyed anyway. Am I correct? Or is there something else?
No, that isn't it at all. I'm saying that the stuff we think we know, often elements of "everything." is crap that we think is true but isn't. So, when all we think we know is based upon some ideological block or blinders (on a social and/or political incentive) then whatever you say about the specific subject of theism/atheism isn't likely to matter in the sense that I can preach (teach) the subject till I'm blue in the face and - right or wrong - it doesn't matter because the traditional "scholarly" concesus is blocked. Put simply atheists can't consider what I say because they have to think in terms of what, ironically, they "believe" to be true. There is no science (knowledge and the investigation of it) when that is so obviously the case. 

Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@RaymondSheen
What's real isn't important.
Then there is no point in debating
RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@Double_R
What's real isn't important.
Well, I could have stated that better. Contextually what I meant is that what we think we know is "real" more often than not isn't, so although it can be very important in the debate of the subjective it isn't, at least, as important as we think. It's much like what Solomon said. Everything is vanity.

I was born in the USA in 1966. At that time a person could be arrested, with his name, address and reason for being arrested announced in the newspapers - for just visiting a common gathering place of homosexuals. That isn't the reality now. I was 20 years old before medical science realized that babies felt pain, so until then they only temporarily paralyzed them if they were performing, for example, open heart surgery. Just so they wouldn't squirm.   The Bible stated that the earth was spherical 700 years before science, and it said that you should wash your hands after touching the dead. Ignaz Semmelweis was committed to an insane asylum and beaten to death by guards for suggesting that postpartum infection was the cause of death in mothers and the solution was to wash the doctor's hands and surgical environment. 

The doctors said a gentlemen's hands can't be contaminated and refused.

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Ray Ray.
The bible states that the moon light up the night sky.
It goes on to say more .
And it reads and it appears that god thought the moon was like A LIGHT
That light up the night sky  
Now weve known for 1000 plus years the moon doesn't  light up shit . .

He really thought the moon was like a star. 
And he comes across as a little omni-silly . 

Butttttttttttt by the beauty of scriptures .

He  didn't really think that  andddd .
Maybe it was one of them , Not to be takin literally scriptures . 
Orfrr .
ive misinterpreted the scripture. 

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@RaymondSheen
Do you think you are currently in

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆   THE TOP 1000   ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ 
Of alllllll time at translating scripture

' crouches behind a tuft of grass in wait  ' 

Wetting my self with intiserpation. .
He is gonna say it. 
I just know it 

Wait for it.
 Here it comes . 

Ill put up my next question as im sure he is.

Hey Ray Ray
Do you think you are currently im the .

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ TOP  100  ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ 
OF ALLLLLLLLL TIME .
At scripture translating.  

' qickly ducks back donw . 
He will not answr this one will he .

Dont worry about the last questin

I dont need to ask about 
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆  TOP 10  ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
OF ALLLL TIME 
At scripture translating.  

Holds spear in a throwing motion . 

No fucking way is he going to go there. 

Wait for it . 
He isnt . 
FUCK HE MIGHT.

The correct answer would be 
Im avrage.  

And last question .
Have you ever heard this sentence before. ? 
Im not very good at translating scriptures.  ?

Agin if you couldn't grasp that 
Have you ever heard someone say. 
I'm not very good at translating scriptures.  

Reminder we have currently 899 926 theists currently in the
☆☆☆ top 100.  ☆☆☆
Andddddd

38, 825 theists currently in the ☆☆☆ TOP 10 ☆☆☆

Truly Phenomenal stats .

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Quick , someone needs to run and grab Tee
(  The Brother  ) . 

RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
I don't think I'm particularly good at scripture. I've met children and mentally retarded people (adult with the mind of a child) who knows the stuff I know about the Bible. I've also known elders in the congregation who I've had to correct in, not only the Bible but also their own religions teachings and doctrine. But that isn't saying much. It isn't what you know because you can find anything they or myself say free online and you can find an equal amount or more that disagrees with me. And some of it make excellent points. I once knew a guy who I thought "I wish I knew that much" and he ended up turning atheist. I've known people, atheists and theists, online, who disagreed with me about nearly everything and I respected their degree of knowledge. 

Many atheists know more about Christian doctrine than I do because that isn't my interest and I hardly know anything about Jewish tradition and practice. I have only a cursory knowledge of Buddhism, Confucianism, Hinduism, Islam, Shinto and Taoism. Mostly history and I've read some texts. I've translated the Quran from archaic with footnotes on references to Muslim specific terminology but know very little on the subject. 

Every single post I've ever made on any forum, including this one, contains mistakes. Some grammatical and spelling, but also scriptural. I am trying not to go over and over them like I used to, finding mistakes and kicking myself for them. To just let it go. I may seem very confident and knowledgeable to you but I consider myself a student with great interest. Even if I became an unbeliever, I would still find the Bible and religion very interesting. I'm all about learning, from anyone who will talk to me. Even if they don't know as much as I do, I still learn from them. From you and everyone else. That's why I'm here. Not to impress anyone with what I think I know. 

So, PTHththhhhhht!  
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@RaymondSheen
Ya got me again You bastard.  

Nice post man.

I also excepted a insult here and there. .
I dont report..

I'm the worst speller and worse grama  errorer ever. On this sight 
My Incoherence
My in coherence 
50%  of  posts are incoherent able . 
Half my post ya can't read .
I purchased a $15 spell checker . Word spellef thing. 
But nope 

I cant like abuse people quick enough with that. 

I think of it like this 
If one can read a scripture out of the bible and kinnd  know what it means. 
The should be able to read my post. 

Sometines  i start my posts with.
Robert 25 : 92.
Or 
Rebecca 38 : 89
Sometimes even a Derick . 30. -  66

That fixes alllllll my mistakes in the post. 

Good day.
  ⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙   A hot tip . ⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙ 
Send a post to that   Double R guy
and clear up That post where you said, 
nothing aint real or something like that. 
Just Say you didnt mean to type that . 
And move along 
Do it. 

Double_R
Double_R
-->
@RaymondSheen
The Bible stated that the earth was spherical 700 years before science, and it said that you should wash your hands after touching the dead. Ignaz Semmelweis was committed to an insane asylum and beaten to death by guards for suggesting that postpartum infection was the cause of death in mothers and the solution was to wash the doctor's hands and surgical environment. 

The doctors said a gentlemen's hands can't be contaminated and refused.
Assuming your statement as factual, you know how we know that the Bible was right on that and the doctors were wrong? Because of science.

Science is nothing more than a method of learning about reality. It gets things wrong because we get things wrong, because we can only know things to the extent that we have information on it and we gather more information as time goes on. The fact that science corrects itself is a good thing, religion would never correct anything.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@RaymondSheen
I've been doing this for 30 fucking years.

Doing what?

RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@Stephen
Doing this. Discussion and debate with atheists in online forums. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@RaymondSheen
I've been doing this for 30 fucking years.

Doing what?

Doing this. Discussion and debate with atheists in online forums. 
I see. And what are your findings and or conclusions as regards to religion, gods and the scriptures after "doing this for 30 fucking years"? 
RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@Stephen
I see. And what are your findings and or conclusions as regards to religion, gods and the scriptures after "doing this for 30 fucking years"? 
Specifically? 

I've concluded a great deal. Learned a lot about the Bible, religion, gods, people and myself. About religion I've learned not one has ever stayed true to itself, and that it's corrupted as a tool for destruction out of greed and a thirst for power socially and politically, that gods are misunderstood, the scriptures are the fallible and uninspired translation of Jehovah God's inspired and infallible writings to people in certain times and places and useful to us as an example. About people I've learned they are xenophobic, myopic, ideologues and that affects their ability to think if they aren't careful and about myself, I've learned I am a person as described as such. The first step in solving the problem is acknowledging there is one.  

RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@Double_R
Assuming your statement as factual, you know how we know that the Bible was right on that and the doctors were wrong? Because of science.
Which was created by theists to learn more about God's creation. 

Science is nothing more than a method of learning about reality. It gets things wrong because we get things wrong, because we can only know things to the extent that we have information on it and we gather more information as time goes on. The fact that science corrects itself is a good thing, religion would never correct anything.
Religion has been correcting itself since before science was born. And perhaps more importantly, both are powerful tools that have been corrupted for destructive porposes.

Sorry. Purposes. Obviously not porpoises.  

IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@zedvictor4
Though I tend to look beyond the organic in terms of a greater intellectually and materially evolved super-energy.
I thought you were a materiliastic atheist.

I'd like to tackle this subject in the philosophy forum because there is a lot to talk about.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@IlDiavolo
Well, I suspect that everything has evolved from matter.

And atheist in the true sense of the word.

Accepting the idea of a GOD principle, is just being open to ideas.

I just wonder how technology and the human mind are going to develop.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@zedvictor4
Accepting the idea of a GOD principle, is just being open to ideas.
Well, I was refering to something more profound than just an entity that create things. 

I will open a thread about it if I have time... in the philosophy forum. 

FLRW
FLRW

There are 200 sextillion stars in the Universe. Why?
RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@FLRW
There are 200 sextillion stars in the Universe. Why?
Why not? 

FLRW
FLRW
-->
@RaymondSheen

The answer to why is that it takes that many stars to form one planet that could create life. Is that an accident or design?
RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@FLRW
The answer to why is that it takes that many stars to form one planet that could create life. Is that an accident or design?
I would say it's anecdotal. 

RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@FLRW
I forgot to say why. I think it anecdotal because I know very little about science, except for that like theology it's more often wrong than not, and the Bible itself doesn't say. So, to me, it seems anecdotal, but what do I know? 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@IlDiavolo
I look forward to it.
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@RaymondSheen
Atheism simplied?  

An atheist is simply someone who says "No God".   Not that there is no god, but I will not obey respect or listen to God.  So "No God". 

Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Tradesecret
I will not obey respect or listen to God.
That is by definition, not an atheist
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@RaymondSheen
you know how we know that the Bible was right on that and the doctors were wrong? Because of science.
Which was created by theists to learn more about God's creation
Science wasn't created, it was discovered. And was so long before the events the bible describes. It is only in recent ages that we have truly embraced its power.

Religion has been correcting itself since before science was born. 
Then can you provide an updated version of the bible?
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Tradesecret
Do you think that Adeism and Atheism are the same?
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Double_R
I will not obey respect or listen to God.
That is by definition, not an atheist
A modern atheist sure. But not an atheist in the ancient times.  Interestingly, though the same mentality is present. 
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@zedvictor4
Do you think that Adeism and Atheism are the same?
Interesting question. no deity or no god? 

I take the view that there is only one God. Yes, I understand that many religions believe in their own gods or deities or superhumans. 

I take the view that the Jews, the Muslims, and the Christians all reflect the idea of one God. Are they the same god or not? Good question too. In one sense yes, in other senses, no.   Is the OT God the same or different from the NT God?  I say an emphatic YES. The OT picture of God is holy and just. The NT God is the same. Both are kind and merciful but also prepared to judge when pressed.  Jesus talks about Hell more than any OT prophet ever does. In fact Jesus talks about Hell more than anyone in the NT or the OT? The OT picture or idea of Hell seems to be a very undeveloped place compared to the manner in which Jesus talks about it. 

Is it true that the Bible also talks about other gods, supreme beings etc? Again, yes. But is the Bible insisting that these other so-called gods have real power? Good question. Or that they truly exist - like the God of the Bible? I don't think it does.  the book of Job, and other places, suggests that angels exist - that they held counsel with God. 

Are deities gods? That's part of your question, isn't it?  If they are the same, then yes. If they are not the same then, no.  All Gods are deities, but are all deities Gods? Is that true or not.  In some people's minds, probably.  In other's, not at all. 

Perhaps after all my waffle, you might suggest a definition of both? And then I can know how to respond. Thanks for the question. 

RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@Tradesecret
Which god?